Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: General lack of power :-(  (Read 1768 times)

omegaman

• View Profile
Re: General lack of power :-(
« Reply #15 on: 18 January 2007, 21:37:29 »

OK, double check no oil in plug wells, in case they didn't clean out very well.

Also, the leads don't like being baked in hot oil.

Does it miss, esp under load, or just feel flat.  Does the power improve at different revs?

Its really that it just feels flat....I did notice a slight oil smell again but as you say maybe its some oil in the plug wells they didnt clean out??? I'm off on a run tomorrow so maybe that will burn it off???

Its hard to explain it on here.....you know when you drive over those annoying rumble strips on a road??? it just feels like that....sort of 'Choppy'!!!!!!!!

I think the higher the revs the better it gets ....but its getting it there!!!!

Sorry for the crap explanation :P
If there is any oil in wells, on on top of cam covers, clean it up asap. Failure to do so will damage HT leads...

If the power returns at certain revs, I would suspect the multirams...

ok cheers i will have a look.

I am going to have to nip back to the dealer, I notice they have forgotten to put the plastic cover back on...the one that covers the belts on the front  Maybe I will see what they have to say about it

Thanks for all your advice this evening

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 January 2007, 22:34:55 »

Be a bit more specific about the EML behaviour.

It should come on with ignition then go off within 2 seconds of engine starting. Has no connection with brake pedal.

Are you saying the dealer left the cambelt cover off ? :o

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 January 2007, 22:35:16 »

They shouldn't have taken the belt cover off for camshaft cover gaskets. Can you see the timing belt and sprockets as well as the aux belt? The aux belt is visible but to get the cover off behind it there is a lot to remove and put back and the wiring loom will also be hanging. Since you haven't had the car long are you sure the cover is missing?

'Choppy' is exactly how I described mine when the EGR valve was sticking but things like plugs, leads and DIS pack have similar symptoms.

colalowe

• Poole Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2007, 15:57:20 »

Ive had a similar problem, I found oil just one of the spark plug wells and had the burning smell, after the oil was cleaned out the car runs fine again, although I now know that I need to change the cam cover gaskets and clean out the breather system as this seems to be the common cause of the gasket failiure which then leads to oil in the spark plug wells and then the misfire and loss of power problem!!

hope this helps??
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.