Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I want my money back  (Read 3376 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: I want my money back
« Reply #30 on: 05 January 2022, 19:21:53 »

I paid circa £180 for lateral flow tests and PCR bookings for my lad and his gf to travel abroad. From 4am on Friday they've been scrapped. I demand a refund.
Are they confirmed as not required on arrival?

Might be prudent to take the tests anyways ;)
I don't know what that means. All the info is on the bbc
If you're talking their Pre and Day 2 return tests then you should be entitled to a full refund.

If you're talking the departure tests to leave the UK, then it would be unfortunate to be refused entry if you had cancelled them simply because the UK didn't require testing before they left only to find the destination still expected it.

Oh, and there should be a jab for anyone taking BBC news at face value :-X
BBC news is fine, and departure tests are requested by the country your travelling to, nothing to do with the UK government.
Thought you'd know this being an airline pilot  :y
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 January 2022, 19:25:00 »

Meanwhile over in French France Macron seems to have upset one or two people with his speech/ideas on dealing with the situation there.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 January 2022, 19:25:56 »

Meanwhile over in French France Macron seems to have upset one or two people with his speech/ideas on dealing with the situation there.
Yes, he's gonna 'piss off' people who are unvaccinated.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 January 2022, 19:27:25 »

I simply cannot understand why the UK government is dealing with the situation so stupidly, the evidence is clear that we are heading for a severe crisis but they seem intent of just carrying on regardless, it's like watching a horror film unfold in front of your eyes.
I'll be honest, I don't want another lockdown, and all the associated problems that brings.

But I do feel we need some additional restrictions - eg, table service only in pubs, limit indoor gatherings to a number of households, masks everywhere indoors other than own home - but because Boris the Baffoon has lost his party, he daren't remove his thumb from his arse.  Which will probably end in another full lockdown.

I know somebody who went to an even of about 40 people shortly before Christmas, 30 are now positive, and 6 are in hospital.

(Despite them all having PCRs, as far as I know, none of them have been informed of variant)

Entirely my sentiments TB , but I think it is up to the individuals with commonsense to just " look after number one" and your loved ones of course, a complete lockdown now would serve no purpose.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 January 2022, 19:36:36 »

Lockdowns no longer work because the only people who would stay in are the ones that follow the rules and keep safe anyway .

the idiots who don't follow the rules will continue to spread the virus  :(

there's no cure for stupid and the selfish are to self absorbed to look at any bigger picture .

"the end of the world is nigh"  :P

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 January 2022, 20:01:02 »

Lockdowns no longer work because the only people who would stay in are the ones that follow the rules and keep safe anyway .

there's no cure for stupid and the selfish are to self absorbed to look at any bigger picture .

There is. Ask TB if you dont believe me.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 January 2022, 20:04:02 »

There is. Ask TB if you dont believe me.  :D

he's too selfish messing with his TV boxes to implement the much needed cull    ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05 January 2022, 20:04:14 »

This masks in supermarkets malarkey. The Asda I shop in, most of the customers wear masks but almost none of the staff  ???
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05 January 2022, 20:06:43 »

This masks in supermarkets malarkey. The Asda I shop in, most of the customers wear masks but almost none of the staff  ???
You can't ask people why they are NOT wearing a mask ,it's against the law

victimisation apparently  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 05 January 2022, 21:00:39 »

Day 6 LFT positive.

Headaches seem to have passed, likewise temperature and sinuses have been un numbed, however it seems to have shifted down to my chest and my voice has gone.

See what tomorrow brings, but thus far, nothing worth getting all hyped up about.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 05 January 2022, 21:05:26 »

You can't ask people why they are NOT wearing a mask ,it's against the law

victimisation apparently  ???

I would like to know why some wear them over their adams apple avoiding their nose & mouth completely , they walk amongst as as the saying goes.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05 January 2022, 21:08:34 »

I've got 6 paid for C19Testing LFT kits here. Paid £22 each for them, intended for a few upcoming trips. Any takers  ;) ;)

People who are saying you should have to pay for PCR tests are misunderstanding the meaning of the word endemic. It means the virus is already everywhere in society, and it is too late to contain it. You will catch it, sooner or later, just as you will catch colds and flu's. Some people will die - its unavoidable. We are foolish to believe we can defy Darwinism for very long.

And as was shown with omechron, by the time the tests have been done, and any sequencing results become statistically relevant, mutations have already spread throughout the population. The idea that you will be able to detect a variant, and take measures to keep it out of the UK is just plain wrong.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05 January 2022, 21:23:19 »

Which begs the question as to why we aren't carrying on like it's still 2019...
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05 January 2022, 21:37:36 »

The only thing that really matters is ICU bed occupancy, and excess death rates. I understand why the govt were cautious with omicron given that it reared up just before Christmas, but ICU's aren't anywhere near as full in the UK as they were last March/April, so backing off on the caution now seems sensible to me.

The public tolerated 10-20K flu deaths most winters up until this without locking the world down. I think we're just going to have to get used to a number (probably in the high 10's of K) of CV19 deaths per year from now on. The press will undoubtedly try to panic the public every autumn, like they did with SARS, MERS, EBOLA etc.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05 January 2022, 21:48:15 »

The only thing that really matters is ICU bed occupancy, and excess death rates. I understand why the govt were cautious with omicron given that it reared up just before Christmas, but ICU's aren't anywhere near as full in the UK as they were last March/April, so backing off on the caution now seems sensible to me.

The public tolerated 10-20K flu deaths most winters up until this without locking the world down. I think we're just going to have to get used to a number (probably in the high 10's of K) of CV19 deaths per year from now on. The press will undoubtedly try to panic the public every autumn, like they did with SARS, MERS, EBOLA etc.

Absolutely correct :y :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.