Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Queen’s Platinum Jubilee  (Read 2239 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
« on: 10 January 2022, 07:30:29 »

70 years. Some going.

Should be good for the UK economy. Hopefully We will be in England during all the celebrations. Is armed forces day early June too?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2022, 10:48:31 »

We often do a street party in our road.  The last one was V-J Day anniversary about a year and a half ago, socially distanced of course - we all got chairs out, but sat outside our houses rather than group up.

Hopefully we can have a similar party for this anniversary, and hopefully, if people use an element of common sense between now and then, it can be a little less socially distanced.

Its a great way to reacquaint yourself with other residents who you perhaps do not speak to at length that often normally :y
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2022, 11:53:00 »

As an unsocial old bugger, speaking to people who live near me is something I never do if I can help it. I very quick "hello", at a push, but I dont even like doing that.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2022, 12:28:40 »

We will probably have a meet up in the street with the other residents all pretty friendly & helpful my immediate neighbour fell out with me last June he tried to "tell me" what I could & couldn't do in my driveway I explained to him that he had made a terrible choice in who to argue with having had to argue with " scum" for the last 22 years at work & I did not intend arguing on my driveway with a complete idiot.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2022, 12:52:00 »

We will probably have a meet up in the street with the other residents all pretty friendly & helpful my immediate neighbour fell out with me last June he tried to "tell me" what I could & couldn't do in my driveway I explained to him that he had made a terrible choice in who to argue with having had to argue with " scum" for the last 22 years at work & I did not intend arguing on my driveway with a complete idiot.

I have a neighbour like that who seems to think she has a say in what I can and can't do on my property. She even came round once and started telling me where I could and couldn't plant stuff in my garden!  ::)  >:(

I explained to her politely that as long as I abided by whatever laws, rules and regulations were applicable I can do what I like within reason, but she didn't seem to hear me, so one day I lost my shit with her and I haven't had a problem since!  :-X  :)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2022, 13:01:06 »

I have a neighbour like that who seems to think she has a say in what I can and can't do on my property. She even came round once and started telling me where I could and couldn't plant stuff in my garden!  ::)  >:(

I explained to her politely that as long as I abided by whatever laws, rules and regulations were applicable I can do what I like within reason, but she didn't seem to hear me, so one day I lost my shit with her and I haven't had a problem since!  :-X  :)  ;D

I had really hoped that he would try me again because I enjoy confrontation much to SWMBOS annoyance, but he simply dissapears indoors as soon as I step out of the house, I'm very disappointed..😂😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2022, 16:07:19 »

Not wanting to put the mokkers on it, but it would be a bit of a bugger if the old gal fell off her perch before the event. :o They'd have to find a doppleganger. ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2022, 16:15:10 »

Not wanting to put the mokkers on it, but it would be a bit of a bugger if the old gal fell off her perch before the event. :o They'd have to find a doppleganger. ;)

Either way we'd get a bank holiday  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2022, 16:41:04 »

Either way we'd get a bank holiday  :y

We might get two!  One for Lizzies funeral and another for Charlies coronation.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2022, 16:53:31 »

Meghan? ::) ::) ::) ;)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2022, 17:09:20 »

Meghan? ::) ::) ::) ;)
Nice easy job for the make-up dept. ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2022, 18:40:42 »

Long may she continue.She has throughout been a great ambassador for this country and despite seemingly the best attempts of family and in laws has conducted herself with the utmost dignity and decorum.A great lady :y :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2022, 19:18:35 »

Long may she continue.She has throughout been a great ambassador for this country and despite seemingly the best attempts of family and in laws has conducted herself with the utmost dignity and decorum.A great lady :y :y

Got to completely agree with you there, proud to say that I served Her Majesty for a total of 41 years in one way or another. A real shame how members of her family have let her down.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2022, 19:56:22 »

Quite right there Baz and Rangie!  :y I too did my bit for her Maj. :y She is better than the alternative! (and I don't mean Charlie)
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2022, 20:02:10 »

Better than the alternatives, very much including Charlie imo.
he is a certifiable moron.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.