Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 Spoiler.  (Read 14183 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: F1 Spoiler.
« Reply #45 on: 01 December 2020, 15:00:03 »

I would guess most of them could win the odd race driving a Mercedes, if Hamilton wasnt in the other one. Winning race after race, year after year is a different thing though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 December 2020, 15:30:17 »

..... Vettel ( who can't be arsed) :)

I heard the reason he spins so much is to make sure he gets plenty of airtime for his sponsors. [/tongue in cheek]
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 December 2020, 15:31:39 »

I would guess most of them could win the odd race driving a Mercedes, if Hamilton wasnt in the other one. Winning race after race, year after year is a different thing though.

Yes.....he is good. Almost as good as Rosberg. ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 December 2020, 18:07:46 »

Rosberg never beat him in a straight fight in even one single race. And the only reason Rosberg (just about) won a championship was Hamiltons reliability issues that season.
Rosberg, being reasonably intelligent knew this, and knew it wasnt likely to happen again, so retired from racing immediately.  :)
Also, Rosberg out qualified and out raced Schumacher most weekends when he had him as a team mate before Hamilton, so what does that tell us ?  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 December 2020, 18:22:26 »

Rosberg never beat him in a straight fight in even one single race. And the only reason Rosberg (just about) won a championship was Hamiltons reliability issues that season.
Rosberg, being reasonably intelligent knew this, and knew it wasnt likely to happen again, so retired from racing immediately.  :)
Also, Rosberg out qualified and out raced Schumacher most weekends when he had him as a team mate before Hamilton, so what does that tell us ?  :)

Be fair. Schumacher was 107 years old at the time. :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 01 December 2020, 18:23:46 »

Would you marry him, Albs?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 December 2020, 18:40:04 »

I do detect more than a hint of hero worship......... ::) ::) ::) ;) :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 01 December 2020, 18:45:57 »

https://youtu.be/gjSfkvMZogE

Here you go, Mr Bitz. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01 December 2020, 19:06:43 »

If I thought I would get half his money when I divorced him, I would seriously consider it.  :y ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01 December 2020, 19:11:03 »

Be fair. Schumacher was 43 years old at the time. Whereas Hamilton is only approaching 36 :)

Cant argue with that.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 December 2020, 19:15:32 »

Be fair. Schumacher was 43 years old at the time. Whereas Hamilton is only approaching 36 :)

Prime Schumacher against prime Hamilton in the same car would have been interesting.

We'll never know. You could also throw a prime era Jim Clark or Senna into the mix.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01 December 2020, 20:25:11 »

Prime Schumacher against prime Hamilton in the same car would have been interesting.

We'll never know. You could also throw a prime era Jim Clark or Senna into the mix.
I'm not sure Senna's balls would have fitted into a modern F1 car.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 01 December 2020, 20:46:20 »

I think this also puts a lot of pressure on Bottas. If they parachute a Norris, Russell or Hulkenberg into Hamiltons' car, and Bottas doesn't soundly beat them in a fair fight then Bottas's share price drops through the floor IMV. The opposite is probably true as well though - if Bottas runs of into the distance leaving Lewis's replacement fighting with the Renault, McLaran and Racing Point, then Merc probably are justified in their retention of Bottas for next season.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 01 December 2020, 21:05:22 »

Your probably right.

Clark was before my time, but from what Ive seen and heard about him he was a supremely gifted driver.
Senna was an awesome driver but not without flaws. His latin temperament got the better of him at times.
Schumacher. Were could we start with his flaws ? How good was he ? No way of telling. So much cheating from him and his teams it isnt possible to judge how good he was or wasnt.
The only time its reasonable to assume he wasnt driven a "bent" car was when he came back and drove for Mercedes. He was a mediocre midfield runner, but in fairness he was getting on a bit by then.
Its easy to forget now some of his astonishing drives earlier in his career, when he didnt have a dominant car as he does now.
The only wet weather drivers I would put in the same bracket as him would be Senna and Gilles Villeneuve.
The two main factors for me though, which put him above all the others is that he is pretty flawless. Mistakes are very rare, and he is consistently on top of his game.
If it wasnt for some bad luck he would have won the title at his first attempt and also won against Rosberg. He could easily have had 9 by now.
Also, as Coulthard mentioned yesterday, he is completely fair in his driving at all times, even under extreme pressure, yet its rare for anyone to beat him in a fair fight.
I havent seen anyone quite like that before, who could produce similar results over such a long period of time.
 Very close to the perfect racing driver.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 01 December 2020, 21:19:38 »

Shame he has three things against him.

1. He is the last of the top flight drivers to come from a poor background. Quite probably the very last.

2. He is black. People are still very racist.

3. He is British. Rather strangely Brits aren’t desperately patriotic. It isnt just own sports people but products, cars, foodstuffs.

Notwithstanding the foregoing he is the complete package.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.