Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Has someone removed my post re selling/breaking a car??????????????????  (Read 3692 times)

malcy_p

• Suffolk
  • 2.6 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile

:'(

Y?
Yep. Another 185 posts then you can type it again
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

martin42

Clearly stated in t&c's  must have 250 posts to advertise or its removed  :y

malcy_p

• Suffolk
  • 2.6 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile

:'(

Y?
Yep. Another 185 posts then you can type it again

Eh? So I can't ask advice re selling a complete car vs breaking it for spares? I didn't try to sell it here, or ask for money for bits, just what people thought.

Seems a bit rude to just delete a post without the moderator letting me know - after all it's not like I've been on here for 5 minutes...

malcy_p

• Suffolk
  • 2.6 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile

Clearly stated in t&c's  must have 250 posts to advertise or its removed  :y

Fair enough, but to my mind that was no advert. I don't even know if I want to sell the car - but if I did want advice re sell vs break I had to say what the car was or people wouldn't know what advice to give?

Still, a note from the mod would have been a nicety seeing as this clearly wasn't a blatant "I want £x for my Y" type advert.

PAULCDX

Just a thought, but perhaps it's worth posting up " general car chat " just seeking advice about what to do with your car etc?

May get more response or support from there perhaps. I could be totally wrong tho sorry.  :-X  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile

With respect, it did look like a disguised selling post to me, especially with the photo. :-\ :-\ :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile

With respect, it did look like a disguised selling post to me, especially with the photo. :-\ :-\ :-\

and not very well disguised IMHO ... :(

malcy_p

• Suffolk
  • 2.6 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile

and not very well disguised IMHO ... :(

Me - "I have a car - should I break it for parts or sell it? What's the market like for Omega cars/spares?"

The replies I'd expect to that post.
"Dude, we need more details!"
"How can we answer that without knowing more about it?"
"Duh! What car? Mileage? Condition?"
"Jeeze - how can we help you with no information??"

Give the details and the post is deleted. Can you see the problem? :) Don't won't to transgress the T&Cs or p1ss people off - just wanted to know if I broke an Omega what are the chances of people wanting to buy certain "things"?  :P

/malc.

/malc.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile

Problem is, first thing frustrated sellers do when told they need 250 posts is to post a speculative "what if I sold my car" post in general chat, so these will get deleted too. Unfortunately, we get enough of these that it isn't possible to PM every offender and explain why their post has disappeared.

I suggest you look into the parts for sale section to get a feel for what parts are shifting and for what money, but bear in mind that you will need 250 posts to sell them here.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile

I must admit at first i saw of you question i thought  oh..oh....looks like a for sale advert and although you may have put it on here just to ask advice the rules on this forum are there to be looked at and to be followed....however as you said.(it would have been nice to have had a p.m from the moderator first ) with that i agree....oh oh you got me in trouble now lol....we all have made mistakes..me included but the rules are there for us all to be protected and therefore in our best interests...So i am sure not at all personal ..simply a reminder to us all to check the rules.. :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile

Clearly in the rules & clearly an advert, admins give up enough of their time as it is. So just nuke it. Deal with it, get involved to get enough posts, then post up.

Man up about it or quit whining. 

malcy_p

• Suffolk
  • 2.6 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile

No problems guys - just thought some helpful advice might be forthcoming like "ooh - stick it on Piston Heads, someone will want the engine" or "don't bother with Autotrader these days" etc.

Anyway, I've stuck her on an internet auction site so I'll gauge the interest from there :)

/malc.

P.S. I can say it's listed elsewhere on the internet without censure, can't I?  :-* :y :P ::) :o :D ;D :)
« Last Edit: 04 November 2013, 22:24:22 by malcy_p »

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile

No problems guys - just thought some helpful advice might be forthcoming like "ooh - stick it on Piston Heads, someone will want the engine" or "don't bother with Autotrader these days" etc.

Anyway, I've stuck her on an internet auction site so I'll gauge the interest from there :)

/malc.

P.S. I can say it's listed elsewhere on the internet without censure, can't I?  :-* :y :P ::) :o :D ;D :)

so far so good!!! should i post a link!!! ;)
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile

/malc.

so far so good!!! should i post a link!!! ;)

No.

Check forum guidelines.....   ;)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.