Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speaker wires  (Read 805 times)

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
speaker wires
« on: 31 December 2013, 13:41:50 »

Hi all ,
probably posting in the wrong section but anyway, i need to pull new wires through to my speakers as i'm putting in an external amp, has anyone on here done this before as i took a look yesterday and couldnt work out how to get into the existing  cable run between the doors and the bodywork
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

05omegav6

Re: speaker wires
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2013, 14:20:25 »

Hi all ,
probably posting in the wrong section but anyway, i need to pull new wires through to my speakers as i'm putting in an external amp, has anyone on here done this before as i took a look yesterday and couldnt work out how to get into the existing  cable run between the doors and the bodywork
If you must, tap in to the speaker looms inside the car, leaving the door looms well alone...

The reason being, the door looms are plug and play, with little to no scope at the rear doors and none at the front to feed extra wiring through :-\

Might actually be easier to do it behind the headunit, especially if your replacing the factory brick with a single din unit as there's a bit of space below the HU :y equally, lop the back off the factory cage to free up space above the heater box :y

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2013, 14:54:53 »

thanks that's what i thought, i will get an extra plug and wire them out from where the HU plugs in, thanks again
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2013, 14:57:53 »

thanks that's what i thought, i will get an extra plug and wire them out from where the HU plugs in, thanks again
:y

It does also mean you can sit in the car to work on it with the doors shut, keeping the poxy weather out ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.