Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a cooker  (Read 3677 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Need a cooker
« Reply #30 on: 15 October 2013, 18:38:27 »

I have a an expensive Bosch and the oven is pants, wouldn't buy another.
Neff/Siemens? We have Siemens circlothrem. Built under, actually. Its the second one. The other (neff) was returned as it burned/over cooked the food at the back. Pizzas especially where not cooked evenly. I seem to remember you mentioned this before...?
The second one is better, (Siemens) but still very slightly has the same problem.

I seem to remember the tech changed the back plate/fan surround at one point. Not sure if it was worth perusing or not. :-[

Yes, uneven cooking is the issue and this seems to be a common issue with them when I searched on line.

So Pizzas require turning a few times (unlike the Whirlpool it replaced which just worked) and cakes are just a nightmare.

When the kitchen is redone its being replaced....possibly by a Range cooker but I have not fully decided yet.

Probably the same on all fan ovens.....mine is an old Hotpoint that really needs replacing as one of the solid 'rings' doesnt work anymore.....but the oven always cooks faster nearer the door.....but because im use to it....i just turn the food round half way through the cooking.
No idea if anyone turns stuff round in our oven, but can confirm it makes a perfectly adequate bit of cake....
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #31 on: 15 October 2013, 19:01:47 »

Why the fear of built in ovens TB :-\ only two screws and gravity hold them in ::)

We binned our eight year old Smeg range when the single and rather large oven finally died. It was never reliable, and sending it off for repair was a non starter because A it was italian, and B would have rendered us cookerless ::)

We replaced it with a pair of mid range Bosch single combination ovens, and a five burner hob as we liked having a decent sized hob, and also the two single oven approach means you get a decent sized grill/oven, as the trouble with the conventional split units is that to get a decent sized oven you end up with a pokey grill, and vice versa.

Has the added advantage that should one oven go pop, we still have tother and the hob in the meantime :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 October 2013, 19:06:00 »

Why the fear of built in ovens TB :-\ only two screws and gravity hold them in ::)
No idea why, but reliability seems to be an issue. And its a pain to work on.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #33 on: 15 October 2013, 19:11:00 »

No idea why, but reliability seems to be an issue. And its a pain to work on.

Literally two screw and it slides out :y technically three more screws to liberate the wiring, but it were that easy, even I managed it ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 October 2013, 19:11:54 »

Easier to just slide unit out with no shitty screws.....
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #35 on: 15 October 2013, 19:15:47 »

Not sold tbh ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 15 October 2013, 19:22:04 »

Back to the original question :-[

One of theses, two year warranty as well :y

http://www.euronics.co.uk/cooking/cookers/zanussi-058zcv665mx-zanussi-cooker/1911

:-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #37 on: 15 October 2013, 19:34:33 »

With separate units, hob on a work top, oven built under if one goes pop the other still works, independently, on site if it needs sending off somewhere.

However, if you have a free standing already, you'll need to replace the work top to change from one to the other.

Built under, are limited to size of the oven spaces due to the height of the work top down the level of the plinth. So you will get a bigger space to fit ovens in with a free standing.

Built in are different again, as they are at built in to a floor to a ceiling type unit, so you get spce to have two big ovens in a built in. :)

Thing is your stuck with the design of the kitchen from the outset. So major works is required to change styles.

Re our current predicament, best price we have is £450 for a belling fse60dpss, at Kevs suggested place in Tadley.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2013, 19:39:45 by chrisgixer »

chrisgixer

« Reply #38 on: 15 October 2013, 19:36:48 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15 October 2013, 19:41:50 »

This one

http://www.belling.co.uk/products/cooking/freestanding-cookers/fse60dop/444449572/

Price includes delivery and disposal.

That was one of the same ones we were looking at, had one of them in Bentals in Kingston. Looks decent enough, felt fairly well screwed together   :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 15 October 2013, 20:03:27 »

http://www.euronics.co.uk/cooking/cookers/zanussi-058zcv665mx-zanussi-cooker/1911

I can't recommend a Zanussi, where I repaired a friends where the oven's element needed replacing after just outside the warranty and other they started to have other issues with it due to the poor design of various parts.  :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 October 2013, 21:00:35 »

This one

http://www.belling.co.uk/products/cooking/freestanding-cookers/fse60dop/444449572/

Price includes delivery and disposal.

You're a very nice landlord Chris!!   :o  ;)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

« Reply #42 on: 15 October 2013, 21:02:14 »

Anything cheaper has been shite tbh. :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 October 2013, 21:13:00 »

Joking apart though, good tenants are well worth looking after!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #44 on: 15 October 2013, 21:26:03 »

I can't recommend a Zanussi, where I repaired a friends where the oven's element needed replacing after just outside the warranty and other they started to have other issues with it due to the poor design of various parts.  :(
That one looked smart enough, ticked boxes and was the same price as others with shorter warranties :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.