Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the real prime minister really.......  (Read 3687 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Is the real prime minister really.......
« on: 04 September 2019, 12:21:18 »

Dominic Cummings. ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Is the real prime minister really.......
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2019, 13:16:45 »

We have always had advisers. Alastair Campbell? Mostly they stay in the background.

Problem is now that our media actively looks for and seeks hate figures to vilify or at best show in a poor light.  This is sadly the modern face of media reporting. Gone are the days of impartial reporting of news ( stuff that has happened) from a studio.

Now they report what might happen and the possible consequences to whip up the populace especially if it serves the purpose of their masters.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2019, 13:21:25 »

We have always had advisers. Alastair Campbell? Mostly they stay in the background.

Problem is now that our media actively looks for and seeks hate figures to vilify or at best show in a poor light.  This is sadly the modern face of media reporting. Gone are the days of impartial reporting of news ( stuff that has happened) from a studio.

Now they report what might happen and the possible consequences to whip up the populace especially if it serves the purpose of their masters.

'Tis true' bit I think DC has far more unaccountable power than AC. :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2019, 13:42:40 »

Not really. Campbell, a man who is something close to evil, mercilessly bullied everyone connected with politics and the media in a way that Cummings could only dream of, and was responsible for the dodgy dossier which took us into the Iraq war and cost god only knows how many lives.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2019, 17:49:50 »

Thomas Cromwell was another machiavellian figure from the past who schemed and plotted in the background.  :)

Of course he lost his head....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2019, 19:09:03 »

The hard left politicians & media hate that an exceptional strategist in Dominic Cummings, who did more to win the EURef for leave than any other person is now Boris' strategist & adviser & has made no wrong steps yet. This week was always going to be a sh*t sandwich week for Brexit, the commons numbers & number of remain MPs ensured that. Boris may have lost the vote, but he will win this war & he can block the Corbyn-Hammond-EU coup bill from getting Royal assent & they are running out of time. Do nothing & the current law says we leave on WTO terms on 31/10. :y

Calling an election which Liebour & the Corbyn remain shower have declined has made them look weak & boosted Boris. Boris ruthlessly purging his party of the trouble making arch-remainers who are consistently undermining & going against their main 2017 manifesto policy & commitment again shows him as an effective leader & in GE mode, making the party much more electable. To show how brutal last night was, the former Tory MPs had their parliament security passes cancelled, so they had to apply for new ones today & will presumably be moving offices. Any one who thinks it wasn't brutal didn't see this morning's Tweet from Hammod's seat official agent & returning officer who said they no longer have a Conservative MP or candidate & will be selecting a new one in due course. Ouch, ;D where his political career is now over with no knighthood or House of Lords peerage ever happening. BTW this brutally effective strategy has Cummings written all over it where I have read the award winning book "All Out War" by Times journalist Tim Shipman on the Leave campaign.

While Liebour, LimpDems et al are busy losing the up & coming GE Boris, Javid & Cummings are already fighting & winning it with latest polling putting Conservatives 35%, Liebour 25%, LimpDems 16%, TBP 13% & Greens 9%, Others 2%.

Once an election is called the Tories need to forge a formal or informal election pact so there is one Leave seat sharing alliance, while the remain vote will be split between Liebour, LimpDems & Greens. The Tories will contest seats where they are strong with Leave candidates & TBP concentrate with a free run in northern Labour seats & Leave strongholds that won't vote Tory but want a Leave party alternative to represent their views. :y

Javid's spending splurge statement today ending austerity & addressing their electoral weaknesses in the 2017 GE to me confirms they are in full win the imminent GE in November after no deal WTO Brexit has happened. They are out of the GE starting blocks while the remain rabble parties fight ineffective Brexit blocking strategies & squabbling amongst themselves. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2019, 19:19:18 »

I don't agree that he did more than any other person to win the referendum. If you read the book The bad boys of Brexit, there is quite a lot in there which suggests he is a strange weird bloke, whose strategy calls were very questionable 9such as the NHS stuff on the side of the bus) and the result may well have been a bigger majority if the official campaign had been run better.
If the official campaign had been given to Farage, Banks, Tice & crew, imo we wouldn't have spent the last three years arguing about 48/ 52 %
Having said that, Im much happier with him trying to get Brexit done, than I ever was when Oliver Robbins was running the show for Treasonous May.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2019, 19:46:39 »

I think the bus slogan worked really well & has now been officially vindicated where Boris said it was the gross figure in his speeches which we now know with the benefit of hindsight was actually £368m per week. All Boris official No 10 interviews I've seen have the Union Jack & Boris bus as props. ;D Farage immigration poster cost leave votes along with the sad murder of MP Jo Cox otherwise it would have been 55%-45%. I agree he is a bad tempered, oddball but he gets the job done.

My turncoat MP Dr Phillip Lee, who sees himself as a future PM ;D ;D ;D and his GE winning strategy. Swap from being a candidate that got 59% of the vote in 2017, not to Liebour who came second on 30%, but the mighty LimpDems who got a measly 7%  with 4186 votes. ;D ;D ;D In the EURef our area polled 53.9% Leave and 46.1% Remain, so we are a Leave area & his remain LimpDems manifesto will soar with all the buoyancy of a lead balloon. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2019, 19:52:38 »

Boris may have lost the vote, but he will win this war & he can block the Corbyn-Hammond-EU coup bill from getting Royal assent & they are running out of time. Do nothing & the current law says we leave on WTO terms on 31/10. :y

Constitutionally this is the nuclear option and I don't believe he will do it.  :-\  On the flip side however, it would set a precedent that the government of the day could strike down legislation introduced by rebel MP's that is contrary to government policy.  ;)

If he does it the howls of outrage will be unprecedented!  ;D

Javid's spending splurge statement today ending austerity & addressing their electoral weaknesses in the 2017 GE to me confirms they are in full win the imminent GE in November after no deal WTO Brexit has happened. They are out of the GE starting blocks while the remain rabble parties fight ineffective Brexit blocking strategies & squabbling amongst themselves. :y

It's hard to see how the WTO exit on 31st October can happen now and I think that Boris will have to swallow his pride and go to Brussels to beg for another extension.  ::)  Unless Tory peers can delay the bill with their reported 100 odd amendments so it runs out of time before prorogation, but reports have it that the Lords are preparing to sit over the weekend if necessary.  :-\

Oh how they must be laughing at us!  ::)  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2019, 19:57:44 »

Boris could obey the law and got to Brussels to ask for an extension. While he is there he could inform them that if they grant the extension he will veto the EU budget. That might concentrate their minds.

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 04 September 2019, 20:09:18 »

Boris could obey the law and got to Brussels to ask for an extension. While he is there he could inform them that if they grant the extension he will veto the EU budget. That might concentrate their minds.
I thought the single nation veto had been abolished?  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 September 2019, 20:30:20 »

Im not sure tbh. Meanwhile the Tories are threatening to break with tradition and put up a candidate against Bercow in his constituency. Lets hope so. I would love to see that hateful little poison dwarf lose his seat.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 04 September 2019, 20:36:15 »

I'm losing the faith, Albs. I want/wanted to leave, but every day the damage to our country gets deeper. My argument is/was a political one, the fact the I abhorred our country being ruled by faceless, unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.........blah, blah.
But there comes a time when you have to suck it up for the greater good, and that time is approaching for me.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 04 September 2019, 20:38:23 »

I'm also reading a lot more about the consequences of a no deal, and I've come to realise that, while there's a lot of scaremongering about, there's a lot of truth too.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 September 2019, 20:48:59 »

IMO quotas are a bigger issue than tariffs on most items, but I think if we join TPP, which we have been invited to do, especially where the US has left, then the boost in trade in Asia will more than make up for any loss in the EU, accepting that the first 18 months post Brexit might be a bit rocky, which is what a director of Deutsche bank is predicting with GDP to USD being back from the current $1.22 to in the $1.30+ range beyond that. :y
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.