Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoyances with your Omega  (Read 10298 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Annoyances with your Omega
« Reply #90 on: 08 November 2010, 22:21:52 »

Yes tried all of that.
It seems to be more apparent on the estate. It seems the only thing that really clears it is the air con, but i shouldn't really have to put it on to clear it, that is what the demisters for. I am not the only one with this problem as it has all been posted before thru various members

I've never had a problem with misting on my estate, it always clears v.quick. :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 08 November 2010, 22:54:12 »

Yes tried all of that.
It seems to be more apparent on the estate. It seems the only thing that really clears it is the air con, but i shouldn't really have to put it on to clear it, that is what the demisters for. I am not the only one with this problem as it has all been posted before thru various members

I've never had a problem with misting on my estate, it always clears v.quick. :y

mine clears easy as well :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

feeutfo

« Reply #92 on: 08 November 2010, 23:04:57 »

Ok...so why run with ac off, or more accurately, why run the climate control with ac off...please explane? ...it is climate control...? not a heater with ac...yes?...or not?...hmm? :-?

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 08 November 2010, 23:57:48 »

Yes tried all of that.

Our old black estate would always mist up on the back side windows, these were the days before OOF and no air con, I found keeping the drivers window open a little sorted it...... :y

aaronjb

« Reply #94 on: 09 November 2010, 10:01:30 »

Ok...so why run with ac off, or more accurately, why run the climate control with ac off...please explane? ...it is climate control...? not a heater with ac...yes?...or not?...hmm? :-?

Because a/c costs money in the form of petrol.. Eco doesn't. ;)

I'd figure out how much, but since there appears to be no gas in my a/c system, I can't.. ;D

unclelicklug

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 09 November 2010, 10:32:22 »

Yes tried all of that.

I get this in my estate but I'm quite happy to use the a/c to clear it, tends to be more of an issue if we are four up in the car (as you'd expect), if I'm on my own demist fan will just about cope or I can crack a window, but seems a bit pointless since the a/c does a great job.

Car itself is dry and leak free AFAIK.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 09 November 2010, 10:43:45 »

I think the climate control is designed to work with air con on. So it doesn't normally provide enough airflow to demist a car in current weather conditions unless you have the air con on or you manually turn up the fan and direct air to the screen.

Also - bear in mind that if you use air con to clear the car and then switch it off, the incoming air is flowing over a very moist air con evaporator which is gradually warming up, so this adds extra humidity to the incoming air.

The air con system is sensitive to the evaporator temperature so probably doesn't use a significant amount of energy when it's only having to drop the temperature by a couple of degrees.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 09 November 2010, 16:39:25 »

Because a/c costs money in the form of petrol.. Eco doesn't. ;) .....

Not really noticable though on a V6
Anyway, who buys a V6 if they are then going to watch the fuel gauge?  ;)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 09 November 2010, 16:43:22 »

I always run with the aircon on, winter and summer, stops the condensor drying out, a few pence extra in petrol is cheaper than a new condensor.

Anyway, it makes the car more pleasant to drive in.
I like red cars

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 09 November 2010, 16:51:37 »

I always run with the aircon on, winter and summer, stops the condensor drying out, a few pence extra in petrol is cheaper than a new condensor.

Anyway, it makes the car more pleasant to drive in.

Agreed.  :y
Budget tyres, false economy.

aaronjb

« Reply #100 on: 09 November 2010, 16:52:43 »

Because a/c costs money in the form of petrol.. Eco doesn't. ;) .....

Not really noticable though on a V6
Anyway, who buys a V6 if they are then going to watch the fuel gauge?  ;)

Hey, the Omega is supposed to be my 'sensible' car ... sensible car purchase FAIL! ;D ;D

Sadly I don't think the previous owner of mine followed the same logic, hence all the gas disappearing into the atmosphere over time :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 09 November 2010, 17:07:03 »

Hey, the Omega is supposed to be my 'sensible' car ... sensible car purchase FAIL! Grin Grin

It's got a roof. How much more sensible did you want?  ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #102 on: 09 November 2010, 17:12:06 »

Hey, the Omega is supposed to be my 'sensible' car ... sensible car purchase FAIL! Grin Grin

It's got a roof. How much more sensible did you want?  ;D

And four seats.. and a boot bigger than a glovebox ;D so in comparison to the other car - very sensible ;) (and infinitely, when compared to a Caterfield ;D)

albitz

« Reply #103 on: 09 November 2010, 17:12:59 »

My (not very scientific) experiments at attempting to find out how much difference A/C makes to fuel consumption, have suggested to me that it increases consumption by around 10%, so mine gets a few minutes per month use to keep it running healthily, I wiil also switch it on when we have occasional  hot days, but thats about it.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 09 November 2010, 17:15:53 »

My (not very scientific) experiments at attempting to find out how much difference A/C makes to fuel consumption, have suggested to me that it increases consumption by around 10%, so mine gets a few minutes per month use to keep it running healthily, I wiil also switch it on when we have occasional  hot days, but thats about it.

:o

Mine is barely noticeable. Lost within the noise created by the random occurrence of "red mist" days, certainly. ;)

Kevin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.