Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: should there be another fuel blockade  (Read 7999 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: should there be another fuel blockade
« Reply #105 on: 22 January 2011, 14:39:42 »

I agree, too many public sector workers, lets close them down, get rid of Police and Fire, refuse collections, parks and libraries, Courts, museums etc and of course social services, who wants these services anyway? and if there are no social services we can not complain about the Baby P cases that occasionally hit the press, or the lack of support for disabled children as well as adults.... :y :y :y

did i say that? i suggest you take a minute and reread my post, if you confused me saying public sector workers for for people that actually that work on the front line then im sorry for not being clear enough but even the middle managers who work in the public sector are public sector workers. ofcorse we need fire men, police men, social workers etc, but we dont need an army of people to manage them on 50k plus a year each. why are many local council cheif executives paid more than the primeminister?

there was an advert in my local paper last year, for a postion in the local council, as "head of renewable nappy stratergy" basicaly encoraging parents to use terry nappies on the basis that its more enviromentaly friendly, and your reward for this? 55k a year. and head of it? so there more than one working on this????? it needs to stop

Fantastic. And if you "buttered" up the terry nappy manufacturer you could be on double that! :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 22 January 2011, 15:48:07 »

This country should stop bailing out other countries that are financialy unstable that way wouldn't be in this mess, all this goverment and goverment bodies have done is spend, spend, spend money we don't have therefore the country is in so much debt. The goverment need to start recoperating tis money back from whoever it was loaned too, we might just then start lowering taxes and vat on most things we use.  This goverment is shite, they don't know what they are doing, blame everyone else for mistakes that are made, don't own up to mistakes they have made and most of all LIE TO EVERYONE ABOUT HOW THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER.

Like most people have said stop buying fuel for 10 days that will make them shake in there boots a little.
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

PxMetro

• Stamford
  • Maryland Cookies are brilliant for dunking
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 22 January 2011, 17:35:48 »

A fuel blockade is not the answer right now in my opinion. I do however think the Government must act responsibly, open their eyes and look at what the hell is going on out here. Unfortunately we are where we are, and it will always be us, the average people on the street that have to bail the country out of such financial difficulties because, let’s face it, there is know one else.

It’s all too easy to portion the blame on someone else, and I know “hindsight” is a wonderful thing, but If the previous Government and Bank of England had kept tighter reigns on what the Banks had been up to in the last few years we would not be in as big a mess as we are now, meaning duty on fuel would not have to be so high now to help finance the recovery.  Maybe the Billions of pounds being awarded to the Bankers in bonuses for getting us in this mess in the first place should be re-directed into the treasury, to help address the deficit, as it was us, the tax payer that bailed the Banks out don’t forget.

I don’t agree with the coalition government’s recovery tactics with their massive cut backs and VAT rises. Makes my blood boil when the Bank of England say that interest rates are going to be raised to try and slow down the rise in inflation, but wait a minute, why is inflation rising again? Is it something to do with the fact that VAT has risen to 20% and fuel levy set at obscene levels and due to rise some more? In my opinion the Government is cutting back too much too soon, they are trying to make their mark before being booted out again, and will blame each other for their collective failure. They, the Government, have a responsibility to keep the country solvent yes, but also to keep the electorate solvent and maintain an environment where we can work and earn an honest day’s crust, and be allowed our dignity. If they are not extremely careful the whole country will collapse into it’s own financial rectum leaving us in a bigger bloody meltdown than we are now. And while we are focusing on our own parochial mess here in Britain, the likes of the Chinese will be busy taking over the world flexing their unfair trade embargo muscles.  :( :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.