Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sturgeon still for indendance  (Read 3910 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Sturgeon still for indendance
« on: 13 March 2016, 00:24:02 »

I though the Yes No vote was going to be a once in a life time ......  :-X

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35788489

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Sturgeon still for indendance
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2016, 00:47:39 »

It was but they didn't get the answer they wanted :D I wouldn't be surprised if the EU in/out vote was the same and it'll be a case of keep voting until we get the "right" answer ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2016, 00:54:12 »

Not clear on whom the independence is from... the UK or the EU ;D

At the moment Scotland receives cash from both, and without the oil, they'll need every last penny...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2016, 01:07:46 »

It was but they didn't get the answer they wanted :D I wouldn't be surprised if the EU in/out vote was the same and it'll be a case of keep voting until we get the "right" answer ::)

Ain't that the truth.  >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2016, 01:08:25 »

Not clear on whom the independence is from... the UK or the EU ;D

At the moment Scotland receives cash from both, and without the oil, they'll need every last penny...

I still maintain Hadrian had the best idea ......  ::)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2016, 07:27:00 »

There's a lot of confusion/misinformation (deliberate?) over just how much a drain on England's resources the scotch are. All are agreed that they have a net gain from our taxes, etc., disregarding the oil issue - which they claim to be theirs, despite its location and our expertise in finding and exploiting it.
Can any of the better informed Oofers say how much better off financially we would be if we cast them adrift, especially if Cameron took back all of the bribes he gave them before the vote?

Ron.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2016, 09:24:38 »

There's a lot of confusion/misinformation (deliberate?) over just how much a drain on England's resources the scotch are. .

That's whisky or an egg  ::) ::)

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2016, 10:19:55 »

There's a lot of confusion/misinformation (deliberate?) over just how much a drain on England's resources the scotch are. All are agreed that they have a net gain from our taxes, etc., disregarding the oil issue - which they claim to be theirs, despite its location and our expertise in finding and exploiting it.
Can any of the better informed Oofers say how much better off financially we would be if we cast them adrift, especially if Cameron took back all of the bribes he gave them before the vote?

Ron.
Think that should read the Americans not 'our'

And you beat me to it Mr B! LOL

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2016, 10:50:55 »

I read some treasury figures online a couple of years ago which suggested the overall subsidy was very close to £1 billion per month.
Cant find them now though. If I do, I will post a link. I would imagine the figure will have increased dramatically recently, due to the collapse in the price of oil.
I find it mind boggling that the SNP are hell bent on Scottish independence, yet also hell bent on remaining within the EU.
They used to recognise the stupidity of this, but changed their minds sometime in the 80,s. Around the same time as Labour did a huge U turn on the subject.
I think the EU referendum may show that the Scots aren't quite the bunch of Europhiles that wee Jimmy Cranky would have us believe though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2016, 10:51:25 »

I'm Scottish .
Not being domiciled there when the referendum took place I had no vote . I warned all friends and family that they would end up living in a country similar to the one I live in now if they voted to leave the UK , a country that has Sovereignty but no independence governed by tribes prepared to do anything to retain power. In effect a lesser country to the UK as a whole.
Thankfully the country seen sense.
It was always certain though that . like little children , if the SNP didn't get their way they would whinge and moan and demand a rerun. I have witnessed their slow rise to fame playing the " poor us " card since Winnie Ewing won their first seat in 1967 .
I've learned in life that the political animal is a dangerous beast who will use every tool in the box to secure what they want for the country in question.
If , and I hope they do , England votes to leave the EU the SNP will see that as their 2nd golden opportunity and manoeuvre for another vote.
What's that saying " be careful what you ask for ........" well I hope they get it this time and are forced to live with the repercussions , for ever.
Whisky and Oil , yeah that's an excellent base for a revenue stream ,better with pie in the sky.
The Irish showed the same beligerance 100 years ago and just look how well they have prospered .
I look forward to seeing what will happen with England out of the EU and Scotland out of the UK . How will England protect it's borders from all the European immigrants that will still be able to pour into Scotland ?
There is none of them so blind as them who will not see.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2016, 10:53:48 »

What's indendance?  ???   :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2016, 10:55:41 »

I wonder what they would say if England voted to remain and Scotland voted to leave ?
Unlikely I know, but it would be interesting to see what would happen.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2016, 11:57:56 »

It was always certain though that . like little children , if the SNP didn't get their way they would whinge and moan and demand a rerun. I have witnessed their slow rise to fame playing the " poor us " card since Winnie Ewing won their first seat in 1967 .

Indeed, they have basically no other mandate for their existence so its important for them to keep the question going round so the gravy train can keep on rolling! I was actually hoping that scotland would vote to leave. Just to watch it all fall down on Wee Jimmy Krankie's head. There's absolutely no way that Angela Merkel would allow them to join the EU as a lone state, they already have enough sick lame and lazy economies to support  ::).

It says a depressing amount about the electorate that the independence mob couldn't tell them; what currency they would have; how they would deal with their debt; what trade agreements they could get; etc etc and yet the referendum was still pretty close.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 March 2016, 12:21:35 »

Thanks for that figure, "migv6"; is that a real, English billion of a million million or a septic one of a thousand million?
Sorry, "Andy B", but my adjective (scotch) is perfectly acceptable to an Englishman - check that ultimate arbiter of our language, the OED.

Ron.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 March 2016, 13:33:12 »

Hasn,t the SNPs stance always been allied to staying in the EU even if we voted to leave? ???
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.