Author Topic: Corsas  (Read 4132 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Corsas
« on: 05 April 2016, 13:22:26 »

Daughter is looking at Corsas. I know the 1.0 is only half a V6 and is best avoided, but are the 1.2 & 1.4 belt driven cam shaft or chain? If belt, I assume the default 4 yr/40k  :-\

TIA

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Corsas
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2016, 13:48:39 »

Corsa C 1.0 1.2 are chain ,1.4 is belted :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2016, 13:56:39 »

Thanks Henry  :y :y

Do chains stretch/break/die?

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2016, 14:00:45 »

Yes,poor oil change history is there downfall,easily spotted though,if it rattles like a dog shitting bones for the first few seconds after start up it shows its on the way and the hydraulic tensioner is struggling to cope :y
other rides 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2016, 17:12:18 »

Cheers!  :y :y

Yes,poor oil change history is there downfall,easily spotted though,if it rattles like a dog shitting bones for the first few seconds after start up it shows its on the way and the hydraulic tensioner is struggling to cope :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2016, 18:34:25 »

If it's any help Andy the chain is a nice easy one to replace if it ever needed it. But keep up with the oil changes and all will be good. Wifey has an 05 corsa c. With just 29k on the clock. Really nice.

In fact come to think of it everything maintenance wise is bloody easy to work on. Servicing, blower motor, chain, wiper motor, rear springs are a few of the jobs I've done on ithemand all are easy peasy :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 April 2016, 18:36:33 »

Oh and the oil pressure switches are a common fault. But take 20 seconds to change
RIP Paul Lovejoy

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 April 2016, 18:37:55 »

If it's any help Andy the chain is a nice easy one to replace if it ever needed it. But keep up with the oil changes and all will be good. Wifey has an 05 corsa c. With just 29k on the clock. Really nice.

In fact come to think of it everything maintenance wise is bloody easy to work on. Servicing, blower motor, chain, wiper motor, rear springs are a few of the jobs I've done on ithemand all are easy peasy :y

Yep,they are a snip to maintain and repair,my youngest lad has just passed his test and has a 04 1.2 twinport,goes really well and belonged to a family friend so I'm the only person who's ever touched it,28k on the clock so bags of life left yet hopefully :y
other rides 

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2016, 19:38:39 »

Yep,they are a snip to maintain and repair,my youngest lad has just passed his test and has a 04 1.2 twinport,goes really well and belonged to a family friend so I'm the only person who's ever touched it,28k on the clock so bags of life left yet hopefully :y

The Seicento she has at the moment is a pain to get to stuff. I spent bloody ages yesterday after the pads doing the 'fan belt'. Slackened the nut & bolt at the top .... eventaully, slackened the pivot bolt (16mm  ???) and the alternator still wouldn't move. Removed the arch liner as I should have done in the first place to get to the other clamping bolts, another 16mm nut and a bitch to get to. Eventually pivoted the alternator, slipped the belt off the pulley .... still wouldn't come off as the belt is thicker than the gap between the crank sensor & the toothed ring it's looking at  ??? ..... removed crank's fan belt pulley/toothed ring and the belt came off. I reckon I could have just done that in the first place & left the alternator as was.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2016, 14:03:33 »

Just had a little drive of a local car this one (why do car sales try to take the p***? It actually had 41000 miles on the clock and they had 'mistakenly' put a for sale board in the screen of £3555  >:()

The interior fan didn't work. Is this a one off or are they prone to it.

IIRC older Senators & Carltons used to suffer with over heating electrickery within the fan somewhere

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2016, 14:31:58 »

Not to many issues with the Corsa D, some early ones were prone to issues with the blend valve set in the depths of the dash.

For me though, the 1.4 is a must

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2016, 14:56:13 »

Just had a little drive of a local car this one (why do car sales try to take the p***? It actually had 41000 miles on the clock and they had 'mistakenly' put a for sale board in the screen of £3555  >:()

I guess they use the details of any old car in stock because as the advert says, "+++CHOICE OF 10 CORSA'S+LOOK++"... sneaky.

Also FYI the link you posted included your postcode..

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2016, 15:10:30 »

I guess they use the details of any old car in stock because as the advert says, "+++CHOICE OF 10 CORSA'S+LOOK++"... sneaky.

Also FYI the link you posted included your postcode..
It's my mother in laws old address  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2016, 16:21:31 »

Aha, that's alright then  :y

Not like I checked Streetview for Omegas or anything..  :-X ;D

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 April 2016, 22:21:54 »

This might be a VX orientated forum, but you can do no better than looking at the Fiesta.  The Corsa D was a pile.

If insurance is an issue, step up and look at the Astra or Focus - Both will be cheaper to Insure.

If image isn't a problem, go for a Hyundai i30.... not the best car to drive, but safe and reliable.

Consider others, like the Mitsubishi Colt and dare I say it, the Renault clit.  Both nice things to drive (if you're into that type of thing).
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.