Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade brakes??  (Read 580 times)

steverubberduck

• Kidderminster
  • MV6 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Upgrade brakes??
« on: 24 July 2008, 07:33:17 »

I'm looking at upgrading my brakes all round.
Been quoted about £175 for standard parts, but after searching the net, i have found s full set of black diamond drilled and grooved discs with pads for about £325.
Just wondering if any one has got a set of these fitted?
Or if anyone has got a different set fitted?
Or, is it work upgrading?
As the brakes have to be pretty good in the first place??

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade brakes??
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2008, 08:02:17 »

A friend of mine has a vectra and he asked the same question on the vectra forum and he to was told about black diamond drilled and grooved discs so he thought i will get some to then be told that it can take up to 4 weeks for delivery so we then went to vauxhall and got a gen set for half the price. At the end of the day its all down to what you want and what money you want to spend but he does drive his car hard and he is very happy with the vauxhall discs and pads.

If i was going for better brakes then i would be looking around the breakers and ebay for a vauxhall monaro set up as this will be far better than what we have on the bigger omega and the best bit is they will fit stright on also have a look at this link about a brake upgrade on the catera sport which is the US omega (same car) http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1182703783
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.