Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer/Tablet help...  (Read 1403 times)

05omegav6

Computer/Tablet help...
« on: 16 December 2015, 23:04:53 »

Was browsing tinternet on my tablet, no issues at all. Window popped up saying Google play is unresponsive, with a two buttons beneath; report and ok. Clicked ok, and box briefly disappeared, only to reappear. It popped up a summary to say that six apps had updated and that same six apps were clean. I dismissed the update summary as normal. Had to repeat the process a couple of times then this box was replaced by one saying launcher failure. browser then shut down leaving only the screen saver and nothing else.

Turned it of and restarted it, but doesn't get past the warm up screen saver... tried reset three times to no avail... last time an hour ago. Still failing to load, and the only way to turn it off again is with the reset button >:(

Only recent change is that mother has to sign into her Gmail account to turn the desktop on following an amendment to her contact lists... she had installed the 8.1 to 10 upgrade at first asking... only telling me after the event... and now she cannot undo the sign in password aspect... previously she never had to sign in at all, so not sure what's going on there.

So issues are a dead tablet following a perfectly normal automatic update and strange goings on following an email contact snafu. The two things might be unrelated, but I am not convinced. Both phone and laptop are also connected to house wifi and both are showing clean scans. Desktop is currently running a scan, an hour so far, and tablet obviously cannot...

Incidentally, tablet is an early Sony Tablet S 32gb. Do these things just die? or has something killed it?

Confuddled and annoyed of Sussex :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Computer/Tablet help...
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2015, 23:13:22 »

Sounds like it needs some careful attention from my mallet.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2015, 23:13:58 »

The problem is obvious.  You let a woman touch a computer.

We talked about this earlier..... ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2015, 23:52:16 »

The problem is obvious.  You let a woman touch a computer.

We talked about this earlier..... ;D
;D Indeed...

Apparently it isn't unheard of for the tablet to roll over... have forced a factory reset following some Googling, the net result of which is that I type this on said tablet 8)

Desk top is currently about an hour and four percent into a scan ::) shall see what, if anything, that throws up :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2015, 11:36:56 »

Seen it before where Google Services can render a tablet useless, have you done a hard reset?

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-xperia-tablet-s/

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2015, 11:56:23 »

Seen it before where Google Services can render a tablet useless, have you done a hard reset?

I haveforced thank you :y Seems to be behaving itself now... PC scan was clear, so tablet problem does seem to be a tablet one rather than a wifi induced one :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2015, 12:11:44 »

I haveforced thank you :y Seems to be behaving itself now... PC scan was clear, so tablet problem does seem to be a tablet one rather than a wifi induced one :-\

My money would be on Google Play services being fudged, somehow.  :-\

Worth going into settings and make sure Services is up to date  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2015, 13:24:39 »

Had just updated itself... From what I gleaned yesterday, it's an Android issue rather than a tablet one... It's set to auto update through a security filter, and I am quite selective about which apps are on it to begin with. First time since buying that I have had an issue with it, so was quite irked at the prospect of it going from fine to paperweight in an instant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.