Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: induction kit  (Read 1315 times)

chaz

• View Profile
induction kit
« on: 06 January 2007, 11:36:46 »

whats ones r the best for the eomga 3.0 engine? got a custom backbox, but me old mans after a bit of grunt from the engine. i think he hates the fact my corsa is louder than his! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5Aji9n8Pc&mode=related&search=

he saw that vid n loved the sound. and for some reason when released it sounds like a dumpvalve!!

no offence to the owner but it look like a universal one that u can pick up for like £30!!

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
Re: induction kit
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2007, 12:51:59 »

the biggest issue you will have is drawing hot air when using an cheap induction kit, this defeats the whole exersize of an induction kit as you will be losing power, cars prefer cold air.

If you are determing to go down the induction kit route i would recommend a pipercross viper kit, expensive but it is an encase filter with a cold air feed, it is one of the few that actually work, the downside is there isn't much induction noise (if you want that sort of thing)

I had a V6 in a Mk2 cav, running a K&N kit it was pusing out 197bhp, with the viper it went up to 202bhp. both of the tests were done on a rolling road on the same day, the car drove better with the pipercross kit on it and didn't seem to suffer from hesitation.

On my Omega i run a K&N panel filter, no extra noise but it does make a small difference

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2007, 12:56:59 »

While an induction kit is not really my thing, I have tried one. ;)

The ITG cone filter will most certainly give you a growl... makes it sound more like a V8! ;)
Great for short periods of time, but damn annoying on the motorway.

Howver, getting a decent cold air feed to it is more challenging, unless you fancy a full induction kit for around £200!

Alternitively, som people have simply taken a spare airbox and driledl some holes in the bottom! :)
The Administrator.

chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2007, 15:35:51 »

so pretty much same issues as my corsa then!

i had a piperx on mine. n it sounded loverly but then i put in a k&n with drilled airbox. he wouldnt mind spending the £200. altho im sure i could fabricate a nice stainless heat shield to run between the filter and engine :)
« Last Edit: 06 January 2007, 15:36:29 by chaz »

chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2007, 15:47:35 »

would it b worth buying something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-UNIVERSAL-HIGH-POWER-CONE-AIR-FILTER_W0QQitemZ260070651841QQihZ016QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to test how it performs before investing in something a bit better aka raid/piper x?

Big Steve

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2007, 21:48:01 »

would it b worth buying something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-UNIVERSAL-HIGH-POWER-CONE-AIR-FILTER_W0QQitemZ260070651841QQihZ016QQcategoryZ36680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to test how it performs before investing in something a bit better aka raid/piper x?
It is better if you have a sealed unit like a viper as these engines get so hot, i fitted one
a couple of years ago. They are expensive & you have to pay another £50.00 for the cold
air feed pipe, but it looks better than a standard airbox, gives the engine that bit more go
when you get the revs up & when it's sucking the air in it's got a nice throaty roar.
I fitted mine with a 100mm cold air feed & fed it down behind the headlight & out out of
the false grill next to the spotlight, the crome intake looks a bit much but i'm looking for
something better.
IT'S AN OMEGA JIM BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.