Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: fitting new wishbones  (Read 2576 times)

KillerWatt

Re: fitting new wishbones
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2009, 19:57:00 »

The tracking was done with the proper bolt in.
Still a waste of time and money Martin, because once you change the wishbones then you have to do the job properly mate (and "tracking" isn't even 20% of the battle).
In fact, changing the wishbones doesn't affect the tracking as such...your biggest concern at a wishbone change should be camber angle.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2009, 19:59:22 by KillerWatt »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2009, 20:00:24 »

Still a waste of time and money Martin, because once you change the wishbones then you have to do the job properly mate (and "tracking" isn't even 20% of the battle).

Agreed, did you do the wishbones yourself? I was in lazy mode and let my MOT garage do a track rod end. They totally stuffed it up, so much so they adjusted the caster value  :o

Popped it down to WIM and all was well again  :y

KillerWatt

« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2009, 20:06:01 »

Agreed, did you do the wishbones yourself? I was in lazy mode and let my MOT garage do a track rod end. They totally stuffed it up, so much so they adjusted the caster value  :o

Bones, shocks, droplinks, the whole shooting gallery.

Went "old school" on the initial setup after we put it together on the drive, took it to WIM to have the job done properly, they put it on the ramp, connected it up, and said (and I quote) "I couldn't get that any closer if I tried"

String, wood, ruler, protractor.......you'll never take the basics away no matter what  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2009, 20:09:16 »

Bones, shocks, droplinks, the whole shooting gallery.

Went "old school" on the initial setup after we put it together on the drive, took it to WIM to have the job done properly, they put it on the ramp, connected it up, and said (and I quote) "I couldn't get that any closer if I tried"

String, wood, ruler, protractor.......you'll never take the basics away no matter what  ;)

Thats good coming from Tony  :y

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2009, 23:35:14 »

Also did it myself, wishbones,drop links and steering arms.

I only had the tracking done as I knew one of the steering arms was knackered and the garage had set the tracking with the steeing wheel off centre to get the wheels in line when I changed the shocks.

i wil be going to WIM in the not to distant future.  :y

Martin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.