Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Richbrook tax disc holder  (Read 937 times)

Ken L

• Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Richbrook tax disc holder
« on: 01 December 2009, 15:57:43 »

OK I'm probably going to seem thick here, so pardon my ignorance.

I've just bought an aluminium twist off tax disc holder, and it comes with a screen wipe, 6 little sticky pads and, and here's the point...an "essential curved screen spacer"
I didn't find this spacer ar first, then found it tucked down the card insert. It's exactly like one of the little sticky pads but slightly thicker (like me), and it's not sticky.
   The question is, how do you use this spacer? Consider the holder is flat metal, where are you supposed to put this one little spacer to compensate for the curvature of the screen?
  Any help much apreciated.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Richbrook tax disc holder
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2009, 18:50:20 »

I have one of these on the Westfield (flat windscreen ;D ) and I am baffled as to what you'd do with the extra pad too. Sorry for the nonexistant help. ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

KillerWatt

« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2009, 19:28:52 »

OK I'm probably going to seem thick here, so pardon my ignorance.

I've just bought an aluminium twist off tax disc holder, and it comes with a screen wipe, 6 little sticky pads and, and here's the point...an "essential curved screen spacer"
I didn't find this spacer ar first, then found it tucked down the card insert. It's exactly like one of the little sticky pads but slightly thicker (like me), and it's not sticky.
   The question is, how do you use this spacer? Consider the holder is flat metal, where are you supposed to put this one little spacer to compensate for the curvature of the screen?
You put it where the free space appears when the tax disc holder is held perfectly square with respect to the screen.
« Last Edit: 01 December 2009, 19:30:54 by KillerWatt »

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2009, 19:41:03 »

I have one of these on the Westfield (flat windscreen ;D ) and I am baffled as to what you'd do with the extra pad too. Sorry for the nonexistant help. ::)

Kevin
Me neither,why they only put one in ill never know,because you have a gap from left to right and up and down,so in theory you need two,and anyway i never found them to be thick enough. ::)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

Ken L

• Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2009, 07:29:33 »

My thoughts were the same. if there is a gap, it will be in two places, so you will need two spacers, and the one supplied looks too thin, also, it's not adhesive, so if it doesn't fit tight, it will just fall out!

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2009, 13:50:00 »

My thoughts were the same. if there is a gap, it will be in two places, so you will need two spacers, and the one supplied looks too thin, also, it's not adhesive, so if it doesn't fit tight, it will just fall out!
Just something that richbrook hasent quite mastered yet ken. ;D :y
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.