Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferry crossing anyone ??  (Read 1827 times)

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
Ferry crossing anyone ??
« on: 23 January 2007, 16:28:42 »

Glad my car not on this even if its strapped down !!!!!!  :o

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=45b5725cbb
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
Re: Ferry crossing anyone ??
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2007, 17:20:21 »

Woah, few empty stomachs on there!  :o
Glad I'm flying to Ireland on Fri, done the ferry a few times, not much fun when it's rough!
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2007, 17:21:16 »

OMG That makes me feel seasick - looks like The Pirate Ship at Blackpool fairground  ;)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2007, 17:25:19 »

Jeeesus!!! I bet there where a few passengers seeing there breakfast for the second time on that :o
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2007, 17:50:10 »

In my younger days I used to DJ on board the Harwich - Hamburg ferry "The Prinz Hamlet" and we had crossings like that during the winter. We had an exceptionally bad storm during one crossing (there were bad storms and floods all over Europe at the time) where the weather surpassed storm force 12 which I believe is classed as Hurricane Force. Our crossing from Hamburg to Harwich was scheduled to take 20 hours but ended up taking 48 hours as we could only safely make 4 knots headway. There was carnage on the car and lorry decks where some of them had broken their restraints. It was impossible to sleep and I was actually thrown out of my bunk several times. Every single passenger area stank of puke for the duration of the crossing.  I went up to the bridge on several occassions and it was a truly awesome sight to see the bows going under and the waves breaking over the bridge. Definitely one of those memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life!!

I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2007, 17:50:40 »

wow thats scarey - any idea where it is??
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2007, 18:02:07 »

B****r the car, I'm glad I wasn't on it :o
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2007, 19:37:12 »

Best time to be hungry......resturant is always empty and they pile it on to get rid of it  :D ;D

Last time i went accross on a ferry .....had a lovely fry up.....but you had to eat one handed.....the other hand had to stop the plate sliding off the table.....had to go back and ask for mug of tea.....as that wouldnt have stood a chance on its on  ;D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2007, 20:01:02 »

Best time to be hungry......resturant is always empty and they pile it on to get rid of it  :D ;D

Last time i went accross on a ferry .....had a lovely fry up.....but you had to eat one handed.....the other hand had to stop the plate sliding off the table.....had to go back and ask for mug of tea.....as that wouldnt have stood a chance on its on  ;D

A fry up and a cup of tea in adverse conditions - you should be a taxi driver  ;)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2007, 21:13:29 »

Back when I was a plooky yoof, we used to play darts when the boat was pitching like that....

Was good after a few beers, no need for the 6 foot javelins to get triple 20, as long as you got the timing right!!   Darts went into the formica if you got it wrong, though....     ;D

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2007, 21:30:31 »

Yes I was on a ferry crossing to Belfast in similar conditions once. :(

Sitting in the lounge and watching sky and then sea as it came crashing over the top!
Should have been around 50 mins. Took over 3 hours (loooong 3 hours too!) to get across, then they cancelled crossings for 48hrs.

Ever since, I have flown and hired a car out there!  ;D
The Administrator.

Martin_1962

« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2007, 21:37:46 »

I have had a bad crossing, went to ROI from Fishguard to Rosslaire so windy the ferry couldn't dock. So it diverted to Dublin and I got no compensation - I had to drive all the way back to Wexford near Rosslaire.

I ended up switching to nutter mode - a V6 would have been fun there.

It was scenic - no idea what the towns were, Wexford is nice - interesting town in the dark about 1/2 hour north from there as well.

I had to run a Punt to Earhole conversion at their glass factory.

On the way back the villan of the book I was reading was doing the Fishguard to Rosslaire route - on the same ferry :o

Been there twice in all first time in the Carlton, second in the 2.0 GLS. Next Ireland visit was in December to crawl over three NI sites ROI customers to Earhole (left the 2.0CD in Birmingham airport*)

* If you stay up all night dealing with toddlers do not drive to work as lack of concentration damages 2.0GLSs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.