Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall alloy wheel paint  (Read 860 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Vauxhall alloy wheel paint
« on: 02 May 2008, 23:31:24 »

This might be of interest to all you careless parkers out there .
I recently got a set of 17" facelift wheels of E bay ,I shan't say what I paid 'cause you'll just get jealous  ;D Anyway when they arrived they were ,well , as new  ;D ;D Except for one that had a 9" thin graze along the rim edge . I tried to get the paint code for the wheels to allow me to blow it in but could't get an answer. I then seen an ad. for Wurth silver wheel paint which claimed that it was the paint used by all German wheel manufacturers and matched the OEM finish.
Anyway, got some from E bay seller ,blew in the edge of the wheels and applied several coats of clear over it then cut back with 2000 paper and it is a perfect match for the OEM silver finish. :y
It's heavily metallic like the original paint and as I said a perfect shade match. Best 12.85 euros , oops £10 , I've spent since I ,   no musn't say any more ... ::)
HTH's
Don

AllyM

• Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall alloy wheel paint
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2008, 08:11:10 »

Everybody loves a bargain !! , except when someone else gets it !!! ;) ;) ;)
The difference between appealling and appalling is just another "e"

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall alloy wheel paint
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2008, 13:30:31 »

This might be of interest to all you careless parkers out there .
I recently got a set of 17" facelift wheels of E bay ,I shan't say what I paid 'cause you'll just get jealous  ;D Anyway when they arrived they were ,well , as new  ;D ;D Except for one that had a 9" thin graze along the rim edge . I tried to get the paint code for the wheels to allow me to blow it in but could't get an answer. I then seen an ad. for Wurth silver wheel paint which claimed that it was the paint used by all German wheel manufacturers and matched the OEM finish.
Anyway, got some from E bay seller ,blew in the edge of the wheels and applied several coats of clear over it then cut back with 2000 paper and it is a perfect match for the OEM silver finish. :y
It's heavily metallic like the original paint and as I said a perfect shade match. Best 12.85 euros , oops £10 , I've spent since I ,   no musn't say any more ... ::)
HTH's
Don

I wont ;D Mine are almost immaculate with 4 good tyres (uniroyal rainsports), 17" elite facelifts when i had my GLS last year :y (£150) I then swapped them with the not so tidy 17" elites that came on my current car, and sold those off for plenty profit!!
« Last Edit: 03 May 2008, 13:31:55 by D4NNY »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.