Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bit of adventurous driving me thinks.  (Read 1970 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Bit of adventurous driving me thinks.
« on: 10 August 2016, 16:29:26 »

I wonder what he thought when it got too narrow to go on?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37036687
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Bit of adventurous driving me thinks.
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2016, 17:11:03 »

Irish, was he?   ;D ;) ::)

Ron.

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2016, 17:54:50 »

Must be one of those cars without a reverse gear  :D
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2016, 17:57:49 »

I'm guessing he's the type of driver who'll have run out of clutch by the time he thinks of trying reverse.. or winding the window down. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2016, 18:05:26 »

Amazing :D,you just couldn't make it up could you :o Was he just blindly following sat nav directions? :-X

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2016, 10:49:37 »

Sadly not a surprising event down here .
I've lived here for 12 years now and witness appalling standards of driving daily.
I'd suspect that he had decided to continue to the end of the "road" in the hope/belief that a space would be available to turn around. This would avoid the utterly terrifying prospect of having to reverse the car .....I'm certain that reversing was never included in the Irish driving test as almost every day I see drivers of all ages and sex just being completely overwhelmed when it comes to going backwards IN control. Only last Friday I encountered an oncoming Avensis ( staple farm hack ) on a very twisty single track road who expected me to reverse 80 yards to a passing place when there was one no more than 10 yards behind her. I actually offered to drive her car for her and was thoroughly entertained whilst watching her drive into hedges ,up onto verges and finally into a linear passing place at an angle of 60 degrees almost destroying a Rhododendron .... ::)
County Kerry is also remotely populated and therefore many elderly drivers have  to drive but are not , and never have been , that good at it . When following other cars the classic signs are , severe braking when any other vehicle approaches in other direction , inability or desire to travel faster than 20 mph , a flat cap or top of a perm where a head should be in the drivers seat , indicator deletion option ticked upon vehicle being ordered new  and the total inability to acknowledge any courtesy shown to them at junctions etc. 
Probably the worst driving I've ever encountered in all of my life .

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2016, 11:04:46 »

...severe braking when any other vehicle approaches in other direction , inability or desire to travel faster than 20 mph , a flat cap or top of a perm where a head should be in the drivers seat , indicator deletion option ticked upon vehicle being ordered new  and the total inability to acknowledge any courtesy shown to them at junctions etc...

Doesn't sound a whole lot different to this part of the world, in fairness. ;)

Still, having toured your part of the world in the Westfield a few times, it's worth it for the times when there's no traffic. 8)

Here, there are no times when there's no traffic. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2016, 11:29:13 »

In the interests of balance, a few years back I had an an Easter break when things were less settled than now and of course I was full of trepidation. I stayed in Blackwater, towards the south-east.
I need not have worried, the people were amazingly friendly, waving and smiling as soon as they recognised my GB number plates on the car.
The only issue was when I said to a colleague that I was planning on visiting Dublin: she suggested parking in Bray and taking the train - the "rattler" - in to Dublin if I wanted any car left to come back to!
As it happened, I loved the train journey, all along the beautiful east coast (cheap tickets, too) and Dublin itself was just MAD! Unbelievable.
I loved it.....but I just cannot take to Guiness!

Ron.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2016, 11:58:48 »

Sadly not a surprising event down here .
I've lived here for 12 years now and witness appalling standards of driving daily.
I'd suspect that he had decided to continue to the end of the "road" in the hope/belief that a space would be available to turn around. This would avoid the utterly terrifying prospect of having to reverse the car .....I'm certain that reversing was never included in the Irish driving test as almost every day I see drivers of all ages and sex just being completely overwhelmed when it comes to going backwards IN control. Only last Friday I encountered an oncoming Avensis ( staple farm hack ) on a very twisty single track road who expected me to reverse 80 yards to a passing place when there was one no more than 10 yards behind her. I actually offered to drive her car for her and was thoroughly entertained whilst watching her drive into hedges ,up onto verges and finally into a linear passing place at an angle of 60 degrees almost destroying a Rhododendron .... ::)
County Kerry is also remotely populated and therefore many elderly drivers have  to drive but are not , and never have been , that good at it . When following other cars the classic signs are , severe braking when any other vehicle approaches in other direction , inability or desire to travel faster than 20 mph , a flat cap or top of a perm where a head should be in the drivers seat , indicator deletion option ticked upon vehicle being ordered new  and the total inability to acknowledge any courtesy shown to them at junctions etc. 
Probably the worst driving I've ever encountered in all of my life .

Sounds just like rural Spain. They speed up and reach 30mph on the long straights. Otherwise drive in middle of road just like they did when they had a donkey for everyday driver. ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.