Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at getting another car...  (Read 6935 times)

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Looking at getting another car...
« Reply #30 on: 12 March 2017, 05:02:26 »

Just took delivery of SWMBOs replacement Estate - old Estate in for sale section.

Its an auto Mondeo Estate, 1 owner, immaculate with only 25K miles on it.

Need to change my sig  :)

Always personally thought these drive much better then the insignias. Not forgetting the sheer size compared to a petite insignia.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #31 on: 12 March 2017, 07:20:08 »

Always liked the Mondeo estate, never had one though, that certainly looks a nice one. 😉

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 March 2017, 09:49:41 »

Had one as a courtesy car... 1.8tdci auto... couldn't pull the skin off a sausage and used more fuel than my 3.2 Omega around town. Hateful thing... cheap carpets, cheap headlining and cheap plastics... You'll rue selling the Omega :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 March 2017, 10:09:10 »

ive liked the Omega since it's launch but looking at mine several years ago I didn't get it.
Now I wouldn't part with her and the main concern is that anyone should damage her
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 March 2017, 10:55:18 »

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Mundanos (not the early buckets, but from about 2004 onwards).  However, colleagues who have had the current ones have had all sorts of electrical gremlins - instrumentation, DAB packing up, satnav not moving etc - which have either taken ages to get resolved, or never got resolved.  Its possible the local dealer in MK is shit of course ;)

For the Mundano v Insignia debate, I have driven a detuned, 130bhp CDTi Insignia to the France/Spain border and back, and it was an effortless, comfortable drive, with no reliability issues except running out of brakes on the way down.  So I wouldn't be put off by an Insignia.  I've also been a passenger in a Mundano from Luton to the home of Stella Artois, again no issues with comfort etc....   ....all issues on that lads weekend were purely down to trying too many of Belgiums finest ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 March 2017, 10:55:36 »

Good luck with the new motor dbug
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 March 2017, 11:56:59 »

Looks in lovely condition. :y. Being relatively new should mean good reliability and few expensive bills. :y

Perhaps it's just me but I can't see the exhaust. ??? ???

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 March 2017, 15:49:45 »

Exhaust is on the n/s just in board of where the dark plastic starts at bottom of bumper,Opti.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 March 2017, 16:11:56 »

Exhaust is on the n/s just in board of where the dark plastic starts at bottom of bumper,Opti.
Readily identified by the pile of coal at the back of the car :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 March 2017, 16:41:21 »

Thanks, Baza. I'll book a trip to specsavers. :)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #40 on: 13 March 2017, 00:51:37 »

Thanks for the comments guys, rear load space is adequate for SWIMBOs needs, it drives really well (should do at 25K miles), performance is similat to the Omega Estate, comfort a lot better. 

Had one as a courtesy car... 1.8tdci auto... couldn't pull the skin off a sausage and used more fuel than my 3.2 Omega around town. Hateful thing... cheap carpets, cheap headlining and cheap plastics... You'll rue selling the Omega :-X

Its not a 1.8  ;)  Courtesy cars are usually basic models, this is not a basic model.  Won't rue selling the Omega - whilst its been reliable and is running well it still needs more atttention than a newish car.  I am of the age now where I can't be bothered mucking about with an old cheap BMW etc - I can afford to buy and run newish cars without getting my hands dirty.

Readily identified by the pile of coal at the back of the car :D

Is this sort of comment really necessary?  Rearrange the highlighted letters to win a prize  ;D ;D
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 March 2017, 09:52:18 »

Well, as it happens it was a Zetec. Same wheels and seat fabric... But don't worry, it was also white.

Clearly never heard the phrase 'soot chucker' :D

And as for the BMW, I paid £500 for it... I could have bought your car to go with it, but I decided to go on holiday instead.

I can only hope that when I reach your stage in life that I still have my sense of humour because it must be hellish without one. Watt. ::)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #42 on: 13 March 2017, 23:36:07 »

Well, as it happens it was a Zetec. Same wheels and seat fabric... But don't worry, it was also white.

Clearly never heard the phrase 'soot chucker' :D

And as for the BMW, I paid £500 for it... I could have bought your car to go with it, but I decided to go on holiday instead.

I can only hope that when I reach your stage in life that I still have my sense of humour because it must be hellish without one. Watt. ::)

Obviously I knew what you meant by your comment " the pile of coal at the back of the car " - just felt it wasn't necessary.
Still got my sense of humour - your comments are not humourous just negative - is negative your middle name?  If you can't contribute anything sensible to a thread, suggest you zip it, your snide comments are becoming tiring.

Watt  :)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 March 2017, 16:38:48 »

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Mundanos (not the early buckets, but from about 2004 onwards).  However, colleagues who have had the current ones have had all sorts of electrical gremlins - instrumentation, DAB packing up, satnav not moving etc - which have either taken ages to get resolved, or never got resolved.  Its possible the local dealer in MK is shit of course ;)

For the Mundano v Insignia debate, I have driven a detuned, 130bhp CDTi Insignia to the France/Spain border and back, and it was an effortless, comfortable drive, with no reliability issues except running out of brakes on the way down.  So I wouldn't be put off by an Insignia. I've also been a passenger in a Mundano from Luton to the home of Stella Artois, again no issues with comfort etc....   ....all issues on that lads weekend were purely down to trying too many of Belgiums finest ;D

Have been eye`the insignia up and good news is there seems to be loads about cheap as chips to choose from  :) Whats the most powerful petrol engine in the range from 09 onwards  :-\
Omegatitis

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 March 2017, 17:07:55 »

For the Mundano v Insignia debate, I have driven a detuned, 130bhp CDTi Insignia to the France/Spain border and back, and it was an effortless, comfortable drive, with no reliability issues except running out of brakes on the way down.  So I wouldn't be put off by an Insignia. I've also been a passenger in a Mundano from Luton to the home of Stella Artois, again no issues with comfort etc....   ....all issues on that lads weekend were purely down to trying too many of Belgiums finest ;D

Have been eye`the insignia up and good news is there seems to be loads about cheap as chips to choose from  :) Whats the most powerful petrol engine in the range from 09 onwards  :-\

The Signum engine. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.