Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Got a new toy  (Read 5334 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Got a new toy
« Reply #15 on: 04 July 2017, 11:09:22 »

Gorgeous. Much nicer than any more modern Jag.  :y

I agree :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 July 2017, 11:46:37 »

XJ V8 3.5 ........almost as good as my old 2.7 S-Type oil burner  ;D ;D ;D ;D

V8 petrol. Sounds good to me. :y

Derv powered cars will soon be just a footnote in history. :y

Great colour. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 July 2017, 11:50:02 »

That's good :).

SWMBO had an x-type some years ago, I liked it very much, a few niggles aside. The v6 in that had a nice power delivery, but obviously nothing like the full day v8. Enjoy it!  :y

My wife briefly owned an X-Type Jaguar Mondeo in 3.0SE auto  spec. It was an awful car. :-\

Plagued with one electrical problem after another.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 July 2017, 11:52:10 »

X-Type forum members are a snotty bunch. They objected to me calling the  car a Mondeo. :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 July 2017, 11:53:48 »

Yep...I would like a series 1 XJ12 from 1972/3. :y

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 July 2017, 13:47:18 »

I agree, used to have a lovely white with red leather....they were the days. Knew I should have kept her, hey ho!  :'(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 July 2017, 14:17:22 »

X-Type forum members are a snotty bunch. They objected to me calling the  car a Mondeo. :-X

Really?  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 04 July 2017, 14:38:46 »

So what's stopping you? They're only pennies.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 July 2017, 14:52:31 »

So what's stopping you? They're only pennies.

Not quite.....series one XJ6 and XJ12 are rare and relatively expensive for a  good one.

An XJ12C would be even better. Gorgeous looking car. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2017, 15:00:28 »

Good ones are pricey for a reason. 99.9% of them, if they haven't been scrapped are held together by rust.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 July 2017, 17:27:29 »

Headroom was a bit of an issue for me - I think that's why I decided to sell in the end...

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 July 2017, 19:50:52 »

Drove a couple of jag x300s, very low to get in and out of and felt quite tight with the low headlining close to your head.

The x350 addressed this issue by being 5" taller.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 July 2017, 20:34:57 »

Looks very nice.The X300 I had was the same[or very similar]colour.If I were to return to XJ ownership the X350 is the newest I'd go to as I'm not at all keen on the newer ones.

Drive one, the later XF and XJ are cracking motors and make the older models feel very dated and poorly built.  :y

The (dealer demo, new then) XF I drove in 2015 handled like a pig, I thought - though I'm told that's the exception so I probably should have tried another dealer ;) Good chance that one had been crashed up every kerb in Ascot..

Still have a (big) soft spot for the older shape Jags like the above, though. Lovely looking.
I drove a few prefacelifted XFs before deciding to go for an X351 XJ, and can confirm they all handled pretty well, and the XF gives great feedback.  If I had complaint with X351 handling, it does lack a bit of feedback - much like an Omega with maximum servotronic assistance configured on an Omega.

For those who have had an Omega for ages, the stability control on both the XF and XJ allow a lot more learyness before the electronics gather it all back up, which can cause an extra heatbeat or two when putting down all the power a little early in damp conditions. Apparently. ::)
Grumpy old man

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #28 on: 04 July 2017, 23:01:14 »

Looks very nice.The X300 I had was the same[or very similar]colour.If I were to return to XJ ownership the X350 is the newest I'd go to as I'm not at all keen on the newer ones.

Drive one, the later XF and XJ are cracking motors and make the older models feel very dated and poorly built.  :y

The (dealer demo, new then) XF I drove in 2015 handled like a pig, I thought - though I'm told that's the exception so I probably should have tried another dealer ;) Good chance that one had been crashed up every kerb in Ascot..

Still have a (big) soft spot for the older shape Jags like the above, though. Lovely looking.
I drove a few prefacelifted XFs before deciding to go for an X351 XJ, and can confirm they all handled pretty well, and the XF gives great feedback.  If I had complaint with X351 handling, it does lack a bit of feedback - much like an Omega with maximum servotronic assistance configured on an Omega.

For those who have had an Omega for ages, the stability control on both the XF and XJ allow a lot more learyness before the electronics gather it all back up, which can cause an extra heatbeat or two when putting down all the power a little early in damp conditions. Apparently. ::)

Try it with the V8 with tc/stability control off - tried it on mine and it needs a delicate right foot or its a right handfull - interesting to say the least  ;)

Still prefer my X351 to my old X350 - its a far more comfortable and pleasant drive.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2017, 23:03:19 by dbug »
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 July 2017, 23:33:58 »

Yep.....my car moves around quite a lot in the wet even with ESP fully on. In mid position (Trac) there is loads of slip. Fully off it is scary even in the dry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.