Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cressida Dick  (Read 1134 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Cressida Dick
« on: 28 October 2021, 12:43:45 »

After the damming reports on the Met's behaviour around the murder of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry this morning I question why this woman has the audacity to continue as Commissioner for the force .

When will she accept the fact that she cannot continually apologise for the failings of the administration that she heads and retain the trust or respect of the public and have the good grace to " go and go now " and allow a new brush to sweep clean and rebuild confidence .

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Cressida Dick
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2021, 12:54:16 »

I have to agree with that :y :y

She has lost all credibility and to try and re-establish the trust of the public in the Metropolitan Police she has to go, as any chairman of a company who gets it very wrong in the commercial world has to go, and go quickly.  Then perhaps the Met and other police forces can start to rebuild was has become a very tarnished image, caused by a minority of bad cops and decisions, but enough for the public to want far better ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2021, 12:54:50 »

Should boris go because his health secretary was shagging some aide? Or any other boss be that responsible for their staff’s actions.

I guess it depends if it’s deemed her fault. Is it due to her or her senior staff knowing of issues but not acting on it.

Any org as large as the Met is likely to have bad apples, no matter how good the screening.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2021, 13:48:28 »

Should boris go because his health secretary was shagging some aide? Or any other boss be that responsible for their staff’s actions.

I guess it depends if it’s deemed her fault. Is it due to her or her senior staff knowing of issues but not acting on it.

Any org as large as the Met is likely to have bad apples, no matter how good the screening.

I agree it would be unreasonable for the manager of my local Lidl to resign due to a member of his staff stealing three ( albeit tasty ) donuts .
I'd also suggest that fornicating between staff members is a very poor comparison to indefensible repeated investigative failings resulting in loss of life , sex for favours , continual disruption of the busiest road network in the UK and her staff becoming a laughing stock but more worryingly disliked and mistrusted by many of the nine million people who's safety she has a responsibility for .
But I guess we all have different expectations .

As a footnote I just watched the mother of the two poor woman murdered by Danyal Hussein speaking from the steps of the OB and have to say that she conducted her response in the most dignified manner and has my respect and admiration .

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2021, 14:08:16 »

Agree she should go if not of her own accord then she must be "pushed".
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2021, 14:20:20 »

I don't like Dick.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2021, 14:37:12 »

Nor does she.  ;D

The issue isnt why she hasnt stepped down, but why she was ever put in the job in the first place.
Her career has been dogged with a mixture of disaster, incompetence, lies and cover ups for decades.
The woman isnt fit to serve tea in the police canteen, but fitting a certain profile, and knowing how to kiss the right arses at the right time has , incredibly, propelled her right to the top.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2021, 16:52:09 »

Nor does she.  ;D

The issue isnt why she hasnt stepped down, but why she was ever put in the job in the first place.
Her career has been dogged with a mixture of disaster, incompetence, lies and cover ups for decades.
The woman isnt fit to serve tea in the police canteen, but fitting a certain profile, and knowing how to kiss the right arses at the right time has , incredibly, propelled her right to the top.

It is a political job....

Your list suggests that she should have been appointed as Boris' wife, rather than Police Commissioner ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2021, 17:12:08 »

Could it be that the reason Ms Dick got the job, is because the powers that be decided that the most important criteria for the job was that a member of the fairer sex should have it?  ???   ::)   :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2021, 17:27:49 »

Could it be that the reason Ms Dick got the job, is because the powers that be decided that the most important criteria for the job was that a member of the fairer sex should have it?  ???   ::)   :-X

in a nut shell .....

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2021, 17:42:13 »

......and being a rug muncher we have two boxes ticked.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2021, 17:46:02 »

I'm saddened to say that is the case.

I'm certainly not against women in senior roles (before LZ jumps down my throat), and sometimes the female perspective is needed.  But it has to be the right woman.  All too often, instead of the right person being given the job, the wrong one is due to equality box ticking.

Often the wrong women get internal promotion because they shout the loudest about perceived injustice against them.

Most know I work in the IT industry, and that has a long list of failed female execs, who still manage to bag a top job elsewhere, after making a complete hash of their previous role.  I'm thinking of the Carly Fiorina, Meg Whitman, and close to home, the well known Queen of Carnage, Dido Harding...
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2021, 18:10:35 »

I'm saddened to say that is the case.

I'm certainly not against women in senior roles (before LZ jumps down my throat), and sometimes the female perspective is needed.  But it has to be the right woman.  All too often, instead of the right person being given the job, the wrong one is due to equality box ticking.

Often the wrong women get internal promotion because they shout the loudest about perceived injustice against them.

Most know I work in the IT industry, and that has a long list of failed female execs, who still manage to bag a top job elsewhere, after making a complete hash of their previous role.  I'm thinking of the Carly Fiorina, Meg Whitman, and close to home, the well known Queen of Carnage, Dido Harding...

I totally agree TB.  For any women or man to be promoted to a managerial role it MUST be done only on merit, nothing less, nothing more :y :y

I have witnessed all too many women, AND men, be promoted because of who they knew at senior levels, how they were 'fancied', and who liked them, not because they were sound professionals and could perform at that level.

In the case of Cressida Dick she as the head of the Met Police must take full responsibility of the atrocious mistakes, mis-judgments, and plain mis-management , and go as any chairman, managing director, or senior manager in the commercial world has to if they are the top of the chain of such a terrible performance.

I had to sack a large number of managers, some quite senior, due to them being incapable of doing their job, not performing to the level I, the directors the shareholders, and crucially the business required.  No matter if they were personally responsible for losses, financial or materially, they had to be held to account, as I was near the top of the management tree.  That is how it should work.

So, as I stated in my earlier post, Dick has to go for the reason I stated. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2021, 18:40:59 »

I believe she was in charge when the De Menezes shooting took place. :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2021, 19:31:03 »

In the case of Cressida Dick she as the head of the Met Police must take full responsibility of the atrocious mistakes, mis-judgments, and plain mis-management , and go as any chairman, managing director, or senior manager in the commercial world has to if they are the top of the chain of such a terrible performance.
But the Met is a big organisation. An organisation that, according to the media, has apparently some issues at the non mangerial levels.

Would just replacing her actually make a difference, or just delay any (perceived?) reform another 3 or 4 years, until that CC is deemed incapable by the media public.  She is, after all, little more than a figurehead.  Is the Met Police actually failing as an entity, when all things are considered?  As much as I don't get a warm feeling that she's competent, I'm unconvinced that things will improve with somebody new at the helm.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.