Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 141817 times)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #1215 on: 13 December 2023, 17:56:53 »

The smee hee that slowed to 25mph to go past a speed camera van in a 40-------------

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: 17 December 2023, 19:08:28 »

SKY

I have Sky Q and all was well yesterday, I had company from lunch time till late, I put the tv on see a message saying I cound not watch tv as there was no signal.

Recorded stuff I have on the HDD isnt affescted, so watched that .

Sundays I catch up with the stuff I had recorded during the week. never tried ringing Sky as I was also busy in the back ground.

Todays scheduled programs failed to record as predicted.

So jobs done, chill time, Logged into Sky, up pops the virtual assistant, ran through the yes/no questions, last one asking if the problem was resolved = NO

Virtual assistant will now only focus on a mobile sim issue - DOH I dont have one with sky.

To me the cable has worn through with all the wind and snapped as they are never fitted properly ro start with.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: 17 December 2023, 19:41:29 »

All the crap Christmas songs on the way to / from work on the car wireless.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: 17 December 2023, 19:44:57 »

Didnt expect the phone support being open tonight.

Cant get an "enginer " out till tuesday.  But all organised at least. :y

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: 17 December 2023, 19:46:00 »

SKY

I have Sky Q and all was well yesterday, I had company from lunch time till late, I put the tv on see a message saying I cound not watch tv as there was no signal.

Sundays I catch up with the stuff I had recorded during the week. never tried ringing Sky as I was also busy in the back ground.

So jobs done, chill time, Logged into Sky, up pops the virtual assistant, ran through the yes/no questions, last one asking if the problem was resolved = NO

Virtual assistant will now only focus on a mobile sim issue - DOH I dont have one with sky.

To me the cable has worn through with all the wind and snapped as they are never fitted properly ro start with.
Sky Q works off the internet as far as I know, so if you're talking about the cable from the dish.......... :-\
Diesel till I die

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: 17 December 2023, 19:52:33 »

All the crap Christmas songs on the way to / from work on the car wireless.  ::)

Tune in to Planet Rock. Only thing you have to occasionaly put up with is the drivel from the Darkness

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: 17 December 2023, 20:15:19 »

The idiot female shop assistant in Sports Direct who thought she could fob me off with her non caring attitude, never do that to me when there's a queue behind me..😅
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: 17 December 2023, 20:24:59 »

Qashqai idiot driving at 8mph through the estate, for a mile.  Just because your life is over, no need to make a 'kin' nuisance of yourself.

Followed quickly by a rertard doing 35mph in the outside lane of an empty A43 70mph dual carriageway.  A (different) Qashqai driver felt the need to undertake, but then wasn't brave enough, blocking both 'kin' lanes.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: 17 December 2023, 20:36:27 »

SKY

Sky Q works off the internet as far as I know, so if you're talking about the cable from the dish.......... :-\

I thought the same.  If I open the menu screen I occasionally have to wait for WiFi to connect, have had small issues waiting for it to connect,

But the error message says no signal, so I just have to wait,  I had a 2nd (older box ) in my bedroom and the cable from the roof to where it goes through the wall snapped and looks like a dog had chewed through it.

Just a waiting game.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: 18 December 2023, 09:27:24 »

SKY

Sky Q still uses the dish to receive the broadcast stuff, internet for download/catch up.  Sky Stream/Glass is the one that is all pulled from the internet.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: 18 December 2023, 10:15:58 »

Sky Q still uses the dish to receive the broadcast stuff, internet for download/catch up.  Sky Stream/Glass is the one that is all pulled from the internet.

So that means anything that I have on a streaming basis rather than live I can continue with.

To be honest I would prefer to watch it all like that, as when its downloaded most of it is advert free. :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 18 December 2023, 11:33:54 »

SKY

Right, I never realised that. So it works, more or less, the same as SKY+HD box.
Diesel till I die

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 18 December 2023, 11:39:30 »

Yes, sadly, SKY Q never implemented the ability to stream if the signal was lost, which is why I ditched SKY years ago, large trees use to block the signal as soon as they had leaves on them.

Allenm

• Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: 18 December 2023, 11:40:08 »

SKY

Right, I never realised that. So it works, more or less, the same as SKY+HD box.

If that is what you want, then either use NOW or SKY Stream and forget the dish altogether.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: 18 December 2023, 11:47:53 »

SKY

If that is what you want, then either use NOW or SKY Stream and forget the dish altogether.
I'm quite happy with my SKY+ box, but they keep contacting me to 'upgrade' to SKY Q
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.