Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3064071 times)

STEMO and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #4680 on: 18 March 2013, 22:05:30 »

Killed it--oil everywhere  >:( -do i fix it  :-\  243000 miles and thats it game over me thinks+ smokes like an old kenworth :o

Bugger :'( that doest bode well, mine is only 4k behind you :-\
migs worth tuppence lpg kit -Zavolli worth quite a bit but I cant be asked to find/fix it mate TBH-Couple of mates said they will look at it tomorrow while I am at work-but I just told them-its a waste of time-could get another boat anchor v6 but car not worth it-when you add it up :'(
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

05omegav6

« Reply #4681 on: 19 March 2013, 10:59:08 »

Found my AWOL engine mount, lying in the road more or less where I left it ::)

No sign of the nut, but otherwise unharmed. Apparantly, giving it some on a left hand turn rocks the engine enough for it to fall out :-\

Shall probably refit it to the '03 car until I get some new ones ordered... Incidentally they both failed in exactly the same way. Guessing oil from the cam cover, (whether spilt during servicing or from leaks), causes the rubber to degrade enough to pull apart. Left hand one is under tension when the engine is loaded, right hand one under compression. I suspect the right hand ones almost never fail :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: 19 March 2013, 19:24:46 »

Got some bits straightened on TBE.
Grumpy old man

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: 19 March 2013, 19:27:06 »

lol you lot have it easy!! getting spares is no problem,getting into an mot is no problem,parts are cheapish,here its a nightmare,
Example,went right through the car(1986 mitsy shogun)sorted a few little niggles but knew the car is in damn good order from when i rebuilt it 14months ago,
so off to the itv station in malaga(all government run so no axes to grind)now up till last year,  have always just turned up,grabbed a ticket waited 10 mins till my turn came up gone to counter booked and paid for an itv seen within an hour no problem!must have done it 30 times over the last few years for various cars and vans ,
but yesterday when i walked into the itv office i thought this is strange it was packed! then i saw why, guess what? its gone computerised now :oso took ticket and looked at big tv to see when i was likely to get served,they were on 83 and my number was 155!! eek!!
ok off to the spares shop as i needed a few things, round to the harley shop for some parts which they didnt have,even though i had paid a week before and they are a genuine harley dealer but they couldnt get the parts! what?only wanted a choke cable part and a speedo cable!!
back to itv station,its now on number 93,off to a cafe for lunch(started at 10.30 at itv) its now 13.45,long lunch with me mate back to itv,oh good its on 104,its now 14.20, :'(finally get to the counter at 15.58)itv is at 16.17!! so a 4 hour wait to get a 15min test!!
but it gets better! as soon as i drove in to lane 5 i could see this was a young,recently passed his exams Kiddie,who was determined to fail the old car!!well he checked everthing twice on the wheel shakers every joint every bush,every knuckle,nothing, then the same on the rear axle,and associated parts,nothing he could find there,luckily i had put the 2 rear seats in just in case(7 seater) as they have been known to refuse to test the car without them being,there,he checked each and every seatbelt and door lock,nothing there to find,then the brake test,it pulled itself off the roller on the handbrake test as usual,he didnt believe i hadnt put my foot on the footbrake,so got me out and di it hiself to make sure same with the footbrake,as he didnt believe the brakes could be so effiecient on such an old car,by now he has got the right hump,now this i have never seen before, he got on his hands and knees, with a wire brush and sandpaper,above the rear wheel on the chassis the number is punched onto the metal work,he spent 15mins cleaning the rust/crud/mud underseal etc off the chassis leg and checked every digit on the number!!
totally disgruntled he could find nothing wrong he grabbed the paperwork and sat there for another few minuted writing on it,then he jumped up and came over to the car,stood on the side steps and said,no pasa, these are not on the papers!!WHAT THE FU.., Hang on they are genuine mitsubishi and they have been on the car since it came onto the country in 91,it passed here the last 2 years with them on? non its failed he said,the test which averages 17 mins here took over 35 minutes, the boss came over who we know well and he said sorry he is very sharp and  is learning,it shouldnt have taken so long,he looked at the paperwork,asked is this what he found? said yep,thats it,he laughed and shook his head,the guy had written,numbers slightly faded on number plates(black numbers on white background) then went and found the tester and screamed at him for 5 minutes about being sily and taking so long,but the outcome was the kid had entered all the details on the computer so i had to accept the failure!! so now i have 2 months to unbolt the side steps(4 bolts)and take it for a free retest at my leisure! which they ony check the failure parts nothing else,so it will drive through the hall,right to the end again where a person will check the sidesteps are not on it then issue a ticket for 12 months! i will drive home and bolt them back on till the nest time! lol ;D

omega3000

« Reply #4684 on: 19 March 2013, 19:32:53 »

Side window fell out while driving , swmbo was not amused as it was her side  :-[

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #4685 on: 19 March 2013, 22:08:10 »

Side window fell out while driving , swmbo was not amused as it was her side  :-[

Bit of luck it wasn't your side mate :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: 19 March 2013, 22:17:37 »

Drove it, performed a thorough scientific test of the new suspension setup... Noted that scientific test is directly related to instant fuel consumption......

Laughed and shrugged shoulders  ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #4687 on: 19 March 2013, 22:25:21 »

Drove it, performed a thorough scientific test of the new suspension setup... Noted that scientific test is directly related to instant fuel consumption......

Mr Vxl v6 sounds pleased. ...? :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: 19 March 2013, 22:32:26 »

Why oh why oh why oh why did I not have this setup years ago?

Though to be fair, I think it's also the combination of polly bushes, wishbones and new suspension throughout that makes it so right, I'm glad I accumulated all the parts first then got Daz to fit it in one go rather than running new suspension with old wishbones etc.

Oh and the ETS exhaust makes the car so much more responsive (and strangely it has a smoother idle now) than that horrid single pipe Stainless job!

Well chuffed.  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #4689 on: 19 March 2013, 22:35:52 »

Though to be fair, I think it's also the combination of polly bushes, wishbones and new suspension throughout that makes it so right, I'm glad I accumulated all the parts first then got Daz to fit it in one go rather than running new suspension with old wishbones etc.

Oh and the ETS exhaust makes the car so much more responsive (and strangely it has a smoother idle now) than that horrid single pipe Stainless job!

Excellent. Good old Daz. :y.

How was the rear ride height?

05omegav6

« Reply #4690 on: 19 March 2013, 22:36:22 »

That first drive after major work is always a satisfying one, makes it all worth while :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: 19 March 2013, 22:47:05 »

What ride height? LOL
Haven't measured it yet but Fleet Fit didn't have any issues in correcting the geometry (aside from a seized rear adjuster  :-[)

Picture on this thread:-
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=113072.0

feeutfo

« Reply #4692 on: 19 March 2013, 23:03:32 »

What ride height? LOL
Haven't measured it yet but Fleet Fit didn't have any issues in correcting the geometry (aside from a seized rear adjuster  :-[)

Picture on this thread:-
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=113072.0

Slightly concerned as it looks lower at the back than the front. Sounds like its in spec though... :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: 20 March 2013, 09:30:05 »

That first drive after major work is always a satisfying one, makes it all worth while :y
When it works, indeed.

Tunnie does occasionally recount the tale of me taking TBE out for a spin after sorting out the suspension. Only went a couple of miles, but as I pulled back into his driveway with a big beam across my face, and smoke pouring out of the front hubs somewhat amused him ;D
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #4694 on: 20 March 2013, 14:06:47 »

Bit of luck it wasn't your side mate :y

Lucky we were not far from home and it wasnt raining , some carpentry skills has fixed it for now  :(

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.