Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: She mentioned tonight...........'I know I shouldn't say it but I...........  (Read 1517 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile

hate that car' referring to the Megan Convertible she has had for a week..... >:( :'( :'(

She said that it stalled on her 5 times today and twice yesterday and she can't reverse slowly in it, that it has no forward or reverse 'creep'..........now even Master Vamps said that you can't stall an automatic.

I took the keys and got in the car, tried for creep forward, no movement - I had left the handbrake on :-[
Tried forward, had creep, not much going backward but managed to reverse back a couple of feet.

I tooted her and beckoned her into the car and went for a drive round the village........the throttle does seem to go from little to a sudden surge, but that is getting used to a new car, I had only driven this briefly on the test drive, anyway tried all sorts of different scenario and I could find nothing wrong and certainly did not stall it.... ::) ::)

So it is down to her driving ::) ::)  however I consider her to be a very good driver, she can throw an Omega around and park it anywhere :D :D

I think heart may have ruled head as she has a small two door car with is the last thing we went looking for, but if she does not like it I can't really expect her to drive it daily for the next few years..............I should have stuck to my guns and insisted on another Omega, but it was her first choice of car since I have known her, she has always had hand me downs and I wanted her to have a choice...............a dilemma........ ::) ::) ::)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile

it is only a week...not that long really :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Vamps

• View Profile

it is only a week...not that long really :y

You are right but I think that is it, just had a conversation, no messing I have put my foot down... :D :D going to buy another Mig, got my eye on a 2.2 sport and I am aware there is a lovely looking one for sale on here..... :y

I might run the Megane for a while, but a bit of a hairdressers car.... ::) ::) sell it on when the weather gets warmer, in the hope of minimising any losses or even make a profit...... :-\ :-\

feeutfo

Just needs to get used to it surely?

You notice I haven't said "told you so" yet... Oh, whoops. ;D

H loves her is300 btw. Far more confident in It than that wobbly barge omega. :(

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile

I did say 'Never mind' when you bought it ;)
I like red cars

waspy

Teach her to left foot brake, it makes a doddle outa slow maneuvering. This was she can apply a small amount of revs & still brake.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile

Not a 'like for like' test drive unless you were wearing her high heels mike!.........................You weren't were you? :D ;D ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile

Not a 'like for like' test drive unless you were wearing her high heels mike!.........................You weren't were you? :D ;D ;D ;)
I think we all know the answer to that one... ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

smithpa7

Mike, if your better half is not happy after driving the car for a week, i'm afraid it must be changed :( :(

If not, the car will be brought up in conversation every day and your life will be hell ;D ;D

When SWMBO had our second child(1998) I changed our VW Golf GTI for a Nissan Primera 2.0GSX (It had all the bells and whistles), I still get it in the neck for changing 'her' car. Eventually I bought the BMW to keep her happy :D :D

To be honest it is your fault anyway, what made you think a Megane convertible could please anybody?? ;D ;D

Vamps

• View Profile

Mike, if your better half is not happy after driving the car for a week, i'm afraid it must be changed :( :(

If not, the car will be brought up in conversation every day and your life will be hell ;D ;D

When SWMBO had our second child(1998) I changed our VW Golf GTI for a Nissan Primera 2.0GSX (It had all the bells and whistles), I still get it in the neck for changing 'her' car. Eventually I bought the BMW to keep her happy :D :D

To be honest it is your fault anyway, what made you think a Megane convertible could please anybody?? ;D ;D

She choose it, not me..... ::) ::) ::)

Vamps

• View Profile

I think we all know the answer to that one... ;)

I thought that was our little secret Kevin...... :-* :-*

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

You say it doesn't creep ......... is it a 'proper' torque converter auto? SWMBO's Smart is like a load of the newer type of autos available these days ie it's a manual gearbox with a clutch plate etc operated with clever electrickery & a clutch actuator of some sort .......... VAGs DSG is another variation on the theme. The Smart won't creep either.

Told you that you shouldn't have bought a French car ................  ::) ::) ::)

Vamps

• View Profile

You say it doesn't creep ......... is it a 'proper' torque converter auto? SWMBO's Smart is like a load of the newer type of autos available these days ie it's a manual gearbox with a clutch plate etc operated with clever electrickery & a clutch actuator of some sort .......... VAGs DSG is another variation on the theme. The Smart won't creep either.

Told you that you shouldn't have bought a French car ................  ::) ::) ::)

It does creep Andy, well it does for me, but not like the Mig or the Jeep and then when you touch the throttle it sort of takes off, I have hardy driven it so no expert. To be fair to swmbo she is a good driver, she can not get away with this car to the point of being 'scared' of it, which is why I am not making too much of a fuss, there comes a time when you have to bite the bullet.

I am lining up this weekends viewings, all Omegas..... :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.