Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lada Niva available again...........  (Read 4222 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Lada Niva available again...........
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2013, 22:20:05 »

You won't convince me, still think they were & still are rubbish .

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16 on: 22 February 2013, 22:44:38 »

Regarding the price query, the Nissan cost me £9250.00 as I said it was 1 year old ,the Cossack was around the £7000.00 mark, would have possibly got a discount as it was a cash purchase , the dealer/salesman had virtually every make available & as my main concern was reliability he advised against any thing made by Land Rover. No matter how much or how little you pay for a  new or fairly new vehicle you would want to feel safe in it , the Cossack did not give me that feeling ,I just liked the idea of a new vehicle for what seemed a reasonable price, for about £2000.00 more I got a far superior vehicle in the Nissan, I have had several other  4x4s since & currently run a Hyundai Terracan which really is an excellent value for money vehicle.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 February 2013, 23:53:04 »

Regarding the price query, the Nissan cost me £9250.00 as I said it was 1 year old ,the Cossack was around the £7000.00 mark, would have possibly got a discount as it was a cash purchase , the dealer/salesman had virtually every make available & as my main concern was reliability he advised against any thing made by Land Rover. No matter how much or how little you pay for a  new or fairly new vehicle you would want to feel safe in it , the Cossack did not give me that feeling ,I just liked the idea of a new vehicle for what seemed a reasonable price, for about £2000.00 more I got a far superior vehicle in the Nissan, I have had several other  4x4s since & currently run a Hyundai Terracan which really is an excellent value for money vehicle.

So you downgraded from a Nissan to a Hyundai, a braver man than me, but whatever floats your boat, each to their own, thats why we have a choice... :y Personally I will stick with the Jeep Grand Cherokee...... :y :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #18 on: 23 February 2013, 09:55:46 »

No not a downgrade, certainly nothing to be brave about unless you have experience of a particular vehicle .I would not rubbish the Jeep because I have never driven one, I did look at one or two & then   checked on the reliability index about them which put me off so I purchased a Subaru Forester which I ran for 7or 8 years & was excellent. The Hyundai has also proved to be an excellent choice ,I was considering a Land Cruiser but would have had to have  a model a few years older than the Hyundai the reason I like this is because it is so similar to the Nissan ,which alas is no longer available & when I change this I will purchase another Hyundai  as having just recently seeing & driving their newest 4x4s they are superb.

Karolis

• Lithuania
    • Omega FL 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 February 2013, 17:30:21 »

Guys, we in the Soviet Union had nothing better in terms of affordable, simple and capable offroader that was meant for the masses (well, there was UAZ-469, but that was a para-military  Willy's Jeep rip-off). Besides, you could (and often had to) mend it on the side of the road (or, more often, a field) with a hammer. It was (and still is) just a no-nonsense workhorse.

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 February 2013, 21:39:12 »

No not a downgrade, certainly nothing to be brave about unless you have experience of a particular vehicle .I would not rubbish the Jeep because I have never driven one, I did look at one or two & then   checked on the reliability index about them which put me off so I purchased a Subaru Forester which I ran for 7or 8 years & was excellent. The Hyundai has also proved to be an excellent choice ,I was considering a Land Cruiser but would have had to have  a model a few years older than the Hyundai the reason I like this is because it is so similar to the Nissan ,which alas is no longer available & when I change this I will purchase another Hyundai  as having just recently seeing & driving their newest 4x4s they are superb.

Sister in Law had on and a terrible experience, may simply have been a bad one to be fair, mind they did go out and buy a Ssanyoung something 4x4 so perhaps that says something in itself...... ::) ::) :D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 February 2013, 21:40:25 »

Guys, we in the Soviet Union had nothing better in terms of affordable, simple and capable offroader that was meant for the masses (well, there was UAZ-469, but that was a para-military  Willy's Jeep rip-off). Besides, you could (and often had to) mend it on the side of the road (or, more often, a field) with a hammer. It was (and still is) just a no-nonsense workhorse.

Nice post Karolis, a reality check for us perhaps....... :y :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #22 on: 23 February 2013, 21:51:07 »

A colleague at work had a Ssangyoung Musso  4x4 terrific looking vehicle, but had difficulty getting genuine parts for it had to wait ages for brake items, sold it recently & purchased a large Citroen to tow with.   Took a huge loss with the Musso .

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 February 2013, 22:04:43 »

A colleague at work had a Ssangyoung Musso  4x4 terrific looking vehicle, but had difficulty getting genuine parts for it had to wait ages for brake items, sold it recently & purchased a large Citroen to tow with.   Took a huge loss with the Musso .

I have heard that too, but not said anything..... :D :D  I think he has the Rexton, if so the Engine and auto Gearbox are from Mercedes so parts for these are OK........ ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 February 2013, 22:50:09 »

I have heard that too, but not said anything..... :D :D  I think he has the Rexton, if so the Engine and auto Gearbox are from Mercedes so parts for these are OK........ ;)

They're Mercedes in the same way that early Daewoo are Astra/Cavalier; things like cambelts are one tooth extra, and so aren't interchangeable. I'm sure you can figure out how we discovered that! And you think that M/B parts left over from the early to mid nineties is a good thing?

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2013, 23:32:33 »

They're Mercedes in the same way that early Daewoo are Astra/Cavalier; things like cambelts are one tooth extra, and so aren't interchangeable. I'm sure you can figure out how we discovered that! And you think that M/B parts left over from the early to mid nineties is a good thing?

That's interesting........ :-\ Just got me wondering about my Jeep, tis a 2.7 CRDI Turbo mated to an auto Gearbox, also Mercedes, my local dealer is Mercedes and Chrysler and the suggestion was they were the same, ie got a part from Merc stock as Chrysler did not have...... :-\ :-\ :-\

2boxerdogs

« Reply #26 on: 24 February 2013, 13:22:05 »

Having had Mercs from the late eighties & early nineties ,that was probably when build & parts quality were at their best.About 18 months ago I sold my 1990 190e all original no rust at all, & I could go to my local dealer & obtain all service parts off the shelf ,anything they did not have they would get in 24 hours & once they even delivered a new wiper blade to my house FOC,  out of all car manufacturers they probably keep parts in stock for the longest.

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 February 2013, 20:57:31 »

Dont knock the Ssangyong, admittedly the 2.7td has had its share of problems,which are mainly electrical based, but the 2,9 Rexton, which is basically a musso with a new suit on is a very capable vehicle..merc engines which run for ever, and can run on vegetable oil which is about 50-60p cheaper than pump prices.
The Ssangyong owners club ( of which I am a mod) has a brilliant set of knowledgeable members (similar to the guys on here) and an extremely good list of parts suppliers for both new and 2nd hand parts.
ALAN

2boxerdogs

« Reply #28 on: 24 February 2013, 22:09:08 »

I have been told that the 2.9 in my Terracan is also a Mercedes diesel engine , performs well & good mpg .

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 February 2013, 22:57:50 »

I have been told that the 2.9 in my Terracan is also a Mercedes diesel engine , performs well & good mpg .

Tilbo
Is it the 5 cylinder engine ?, has it got a Bosch pump ?, if so you can run it on veggie oil, preferably the new stuff, unless its been very well filtered.
ALAN
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.