Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lada Niva available again...........  (Read 4220 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: Lada Niva available again...........
« Reply #30 on: 24 February 2013, 22:58:53 »

A colleague at work had a Ssangyoung Musso  4x4 terrific looking vehicle, but had difficulty getting genuine parts for it had to wait ages for brake items, sold it recently & purchased a large Citroen to tow with.   Took a huge loss with the Musso .

I have heard that too, but not said anything..... :D :D  I think he has the Rexton, if so the Engine and auto Gearbox are from Mercedes so parts for these are OK........ ;)

Dont knock the Ssangyong, admittedly the 2.7td has had its share of problems,which are mainly electrical based, but the 2,9 Rexton, which is basically a musso with a new suit on is a very capable vehicle..merc engines which run for ever, and can run on vegetable oil which is about 50-60p cheaper than pump prices.
The Ssangyong owners club ( of which I am a mod) has a brilliant set of knowledgeable members (similar to the guys on here) and an extremely good list of parts suppliers for both new and 2nd hand parts.

Can they? I was told no, more info please, merc 2.7 in the Jeep 55 reg..... :y :y

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 February 2013, 09:07:17 »

Merc 2.7 engine fitted in the newer Rextons............ NO.. :'(

Merc 2.9 as fitted to the early Rexton and Musso..... YES.. :y

you can not run any Common Rail Diesel (CRD) engine on veggie
ALAN

2boxerdogs

« Reply #32 on: 25 February 2013, 13:02:58 »

Thanks for the info, but I will stick with the normal stuff ! Not sure how many cylinders will check through the literature I have ,have read a lot of stuff about not using supermarket diesel in this engine so have always used BP.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #33 on: 25 February 2013, 13:32:38 »

Hi, sales brochure engine spec.. 4 cylinder DOHC/2902cc..Hyundai Terracan.As I said I have been told by other owners that this is a Mercedes engine, whether this is true or not I don't know, no details about fuel pump/system.

acope

• Tamworth Staffs
    • Daewoo Musso...sorry !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 February 2013, 15:06:39 »

Hi, not sure about that one, "normally"as long as it has the BOSCH pump its ok to use veggie, but think it requires abit more checking before veggie was used.
2nd thoughts..thought Hyundai used their own engines...hmm not sure

The 5 CYL version is called the OM602 engine, same engine as in the earlier Sprinter vans
« Last Edit: 25 February 2013, 15:09:40 by acope »
ALAN

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 February 2013, 18:52:49 »

I had a niva in the eighties,  good off road, but terrible on road, I once missed a turning completely as the brakes were that bad,
I remember when you parked, everything you had turned on radio, wipers, heater fan etc had to be turned off again, nothing was wired from the ignition but the engine.

the starter motor packed up, the dealer said it was a 3 hour job to swap, I did it in an hour with long socket extensions, he offered me a job.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.