Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Majorca closed in January??  (Read 1134 times)

peter the butcher

• knaresborough, north yorkshire
  • omega driver as a hobby and now retired :-(
    • 2.6CDX
    • View Profile
Is Majorca closed in January??
« on: 24 September 2014, 11:13:37 »

I have most of the month off, in January. So thought, hmmmm, may get a cheap break in Port of Alcudia. Yes, got the apt cheap, got a good deal on parking  :) BUT could I hell find a flight  >:( from either Leeds/Bradford ( I live just down road from there), Teeside/Durham, not too far,, and Doncaster/Robin Hood, its not to far either. So guess I will have to stay in for a week

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
Re: Is Majorca closed in January??
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2014, 11:43:19 »

Why not try all English airports. I went there a few years ago middle April, 3/4 of the bars were closed, very few people on holiday, ( mind you I was working there making asphalt to stick on the roads at 150 Te/hr) so I guess even quieter in January -- Thailand is nice in January!,

peter the butcher

• 2.6CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2014, 11:49:20 »

Its just that I do Farmers markets for a living, and in jan, quite a few are not on, thats why I was going to take the time off Not bothered about any bars been open, hardly drink at all now

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2014, 12:39:43 »

Think Skegness the week before easter... And about as cold... Not the warmest of places at that time of year... Only local supermarkets and the odd bar/restaurant in residential areas open. Very few flights, even from Gatwick too. Small airports such as Teeside only serve seasonal destinations and only as satellite operations from the main airports. So in January expect lots of flights to the alps.

Best bet is the Canaries... Pretty much guaranteed sun and places open so you can eat out easily. Good choice of flights too :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2014, 12:43:41 »

Have a little search on sky scanner.

The obvious ones are from the likes of Stansted

peter the butcher

• 2.6CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2014, 13:57:31 »

think I will have to go from a major airport, was hoping it could be local. Am not wanting warmth, just a change of scenery   ;)

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2014, 14:04:46 »

Some time ago spent Christmas in Cala Millor, plenty entertainment going on in hotels in the evening, anyone can walk in. Temperature was 70.  :y
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2014, 17:15:29 »

think I will have to go from a major airport, was hoping it could be local. Am not wanting warmth, just a change of scenery   ;)

In that case, January screams ski resort to me. These will be fully open, and after the first week in Jan relatively quiet/cheap coz all the sprogs will be back at school/uni till early Feb. Unlikely to be warm, but the scenery will take some beating. Flights from every cess pit that calls itself an international airport. Easy transfers from Geneva or Innsbruck.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2014, 17:17:29 by LC0112G »

peter the butcher

• 2.6CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2014, 18:19:14 »

I have no interest in snow or sking  ;D, I even turned down a free trip to Italy a few years ago because there was mention there would be skies and snow involved

No, think it will be filling the miggy to the brim, and heading south to Stansted, there is a flight for £41, not sure if  it means me acting as captain and cabin crew tho ;D ;D ;D

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2014, 18:34:55 »

Why not see what flights are availble from the airports you've mentioned and go from there :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2014, 19:01:03 »

As its in the season when there will be few flights, I think you'll have to accept travelling to a main airport. Or hire a private jet, but a 4 seater will be around £20k
Grumpy old man

Stuart30

« Reply #11 on: 24 September 2014, 20:07:36 »

My wife and I are having another house built in the Philippines (Bloody horrid place...beaches are white sand,palm tree"s,banana trees growing wild as does Mango and papaya,crystal clear sea.) and around January time we should have the footings finished and the shell started.

What better holiday could you wish for...building someone elses house for them. ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 24 September 2014, 20:43:18 »

I have no interest in snow or sking  ;D, I even turned down a free trip to Italy a few years ago because there was mention there would be skies and snow involved

No, think it will be filling the miggy to the brim, and heading south to Stansted, there is a flight for £41, not sure if  it means me acting as captain and cabin crew tho ;D ;D ;D
Or better still, get a cab ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.