Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: traffic master loom for 2015  (Read 5003 times)

Welung666

Re: traffic master loom for 2015
« Reply #45 on: 26 September 2009, 09:21:25 »

feeutfo

« Reply #46 on: 26 September 2009, 10:11:35 »

ok had a bit of a play on the M4 today.(in the car with the TM of course).

All works fine when in range of a major road. But when out of range the button is dead. Nothing, not even "Traffic Master" or volume mode or license mode no manual or automatic mode. Just doesnt respond, like its dead. But get near the m4 and it works fine. Is that right? Would think it would talk at any time wouldnt it?
Should do. If its talking, it should always talk?
Yeah, thats what i thought. Def talking when in range.

Whn in range, is it lighting up red/green as appropriate?
Yes, certainly is. No light at all when out of range, if that helps... :-/
thats correct. Not sure why its silent when out of range - you should still be able to get manual mode/auto mode/volume mode/trafficmaster etc etc from the stereo
Yes thats what i remember from my pre face lift.
I did try the black plastic box lee gave me when installing as the button was dead with the silver box, black one dead too. So put the silver one back in and threw  it all back together as i needed the car. I pressed the button constantly when driving and it piped up"traffic master" at the end of my road. But i do live very near the m4 so may have been in range. No info until near a junction though. Strange.

Anyway, as both boxs appear to be the same, would that mean the loom needs altering after all? The loom is from a 2.2.

feeutfo

« Reply #47 on: 26 September 2009, 10:20:42 »

Thanks for pics Lee
 Think i'll leave it. The scratches i have are of a similar level. Sorry.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 26 September 2009, 12:18:08 »

Sounds like loom working fine.

One thing I have noticed, when starting car, refrain from pressing button for about 60s, else it stays quiet.  Give that a go.

As to junctions, its designed to warn you of traffic 2 jncs ahead or 10miles, whichever is less iirc.

Or do you mean you have to be right on top of the motorway before it gets a signal? That'll be aerial, but mine is around 100-150m.  The one on Mrs TB's Rover is about 3 times that, but it was easy to get an optimal aerial position in that
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #49 on: 26 September 2009, 18:48:06 »

One thing I have noticed, when starting car, refrain from pressing button for about 60s, else it stays quiet.  Give that a go.

As to junctions, its designed to warn you of traffic 2 jncs ahead or 10miles, whichever is less iirc.

Or do you mean you have to be right on top of the motorway before it gets a signal? That'll be aerial, but mine is around 100-150m.  The one on Mrs TB's Rover is about 3 times that, but it was easy to get an optimal aerial position in that

Ok ill try the 60 secs thing. Probably pressed it 50 times by then usually, so far. Im sure the novelty will ware off soon. :-)

Re the 10 miles thing, i am easily within that of the m4. Probably within a mile as the crow flies and 2.5 miles from junctions 10 or 11. So should be well in range but its well built up so could be shielded by  hourses until i get to the end of the road where it opens out a bit.

First peep i get is a bleep, well, more of a meep actually, as i get within 100yards of the 329m junction,( dual carriage way which leads to the m4) and have to press the button to get the info even though its set to automatic mode. Next jcn is m4 and can be 2 or 3 miles down m4 before it is mentioned. I keep pressing the button for an m4 report before i turn onto it and it only talks of the 329m. Even though i have been on m4 for 2 or 3 miles.

Having said all that i wonder if it only pipes up automatically when it has something to report. When passed the last junction ,5, before the m25 at 4b it told of standing traffic on the m25 and reported the 404 being clear, something it would have been nice to know when at the 404 junction at junction 9. But thats the limits of the system i guess, so it does seem to work as designed, as you say.

All would seem to suggest i've been hammering the button, of my new toy, like mad to see if its works, and as you say,thats keeping it quiet.

When leaving Chesham and not touching(forgetting) the button as you suggest, it then worked fine when i got near the m40 and wanted info.

Will see if it settles down as the novelty wares off. :-)

Cheers

Chris.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 26 September 2009, 19:34:20 »

Ok ill try the 60 secs thing. Probably pressed it 50 times by then usually, so far. Im sure the novelty will ware off soon. :-)

Re the 10 miles thing, i am easily within that of the m4. Probably within a mile as the crow flies and 2.5 miles from junctions 10 or 11. So should be well in range but its well built up so could be shielded by  hourses until i get to the end of the road where it opens out a bit.

First peep i get is a bleep, well, more of a meep actually, as i get within 100yards of the 329m junction,( dual carriage way which leads to the m4) and have to press the button to get the info even though its set to automatic mode. Next jcn is m4 and can be 2 or 3 miles down m4 before it is mentioned. I keep pressing the button for an m4 report before i turn onto it and it only talks of the 329m. Even though i have been on m4 for 2 or 3 miles.

Having said all that i wonder if it only pipes up automatically when it has something to report. When passed the last junction ,5, before the m25 at 4b it told of standing traffic on the m25 and reported the 404 being clear, something it would have been nice to know when at the 404 junction at junction 9. But thats the limits of the system i guess, so it does seem to work as designed, as you say.

All would seem to suggest i've been hammering the button, of my new toy, like mad to see if its works, and as you say,thats keeping it quiet.

When leaving Chesham and not touching(forgetting) the button as you suggest, it then worked fine when i got near the m40 and wanted info.

Will see if it settles down as the novelty wares off. :-)

Cheers

Chris.  :y
Only pipes up when there is something to say. Bleep means all clear trafficwise.

The range of their transmitters is 100-300 meters, so that all sounds right - its the info about the next 10 miles (or 2 jncs) it gives you
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #51 on: 28 September 2009, 23:31:29 »

as Jamie says, leave it a bit before pressing the button and all is well. Works ok actually, for what it is.

Thanks to Lee Andy Jamie and The Captain. :-)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 September 2009, 19:34:14 »

Carrying this thread on a bit further....(And needing TB's help)

I'm retrofitting Trafficmaster into mine at the moment but i'm doing it slightly differently.

I have the TM button loom extended and this now reaches the passenger side, I have a modified Autolead (06-109B) with the mute line from the Nokia routed through the Trafficmaster so as to mute the HU and allow TM overide via Nokia.

Originally I had the Nokia audio routed through the TM but couldn't get Audio from TM on HU, thought this may be due to the matching transformers so re routed loom so Nokia audio takes original route bypassing TM but TM audio is routed past matching transformers but still no Audio.

1) Does the prewiring route through an Audio transformer on the car loom before it reaches the HU? Can't spot it on TIS.

2) What are your thoughts on bypassing the prewiring and connecting the TM audio out to the Telematics Audio out (Loom is a modded TM Loom!) thereby connecting directly to the HU?

3) If I do the above should I put some diodes in-line on the Telematics audio out to protect it?
« Last Edit: 29 September 2009, 19:35:39 by VXL_V6 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 29 September 2009, 20:40:39 »

Mine is set up as follows:

Nokia Telematics          Nokia Bluetooth
           |                                     |
           |                                Built in isolation/audio transformer
           |                                     |
            Mixer circuit and impedence matching
                                |
                       Traffic Master
                                |
                         Head Unit
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #54 on: 30 September 2009, 01:02:29 »

hmmm, Nokia Bluetooth car kit. And fm ipod emulator thing, what ever their called? Hmmm. Could be a long thread. ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 October 2009, 11:18:46 »

Question for those (TB and Chrisgixer!) with telematics and Trafficmaster....

When in a call via the telematics is the Trafficmaster muted / Does the manual operation of the Trafficmaster over-ride the Telematics in use?

TB will know why i'm questioning this!  ::) ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01 October 2009, 18:42:56 »

When in a call via the telematics is the Trafficmaster muted / Does the manual operation of the Trafficmaster over-ride the Telematics in use?

The wiring will clearly show you that the Oracle wins...   ...unless it is clever enough to see and act on the incoming mute signal  :-/. Hmmm, got me thinking now, I shall have to double check...
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 01 October 2009, 20:33:45 »

The wiring will clearly show you that the Oracle wins...   ...unless it is clever enough to see and act on the incoming mute signal  :-/. Hmmm, got me thinking now, I shall have to double check...

You know where i'm going with this i'm sure!

I am assuming that the Mute input on the Trafficmaster is simply looped through the unit and back out the mute output to headunit.... or is it? (Hence the previous question!)

In an ideal world I would want the Trafficmaster to be overidden by both the Telematics and the Nokia (or any other phone connected via the prewiring with mute function). If the phone is active it should take priority over the Trafficmaster.

In the case of the prewired device then a relay could be made up to allow mute (ie mute line to 0V) from prewiring to switch audio in from prewiring and disabling input from Trafficmaster.
The case for the Telematics is where i'm struggling as it doesn't use the traditional mute function of the head unit so to my mind must use the CANbus to communicate the status?

« Last Edit: 01 October 2009, 20:37:54 by VXL_V6 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 01 October 2009, 20:51:30 »

You know where i'm going with this i'm sure!

I am assuming that the Mute input on the Trafficmaster is simply looped through the unit and back out the mute output to headunit.... or is it? (Hence the previous question!)

In an ideal world I would want the Trafficmaster to be overidden by both the Telematics and the Nokia (or any other phone connected via the prewiring with mute function). If the phone is active it should take priority over the Trafficmaster.

In the case of the prewired device then a relay could be made up to allow mute (ie mute line to 0V) from prewiring to switch audio in from prewiring and disabling input from Trafficmaster.
The case for the Telematics is where i'm struggling as it doesn't use the traditional mute function of the head unit so to my mind must use the CANbus to communicate the status?

Just rememebered, for the inbuilt phone, the mute line isn't used, its done via CAN.  So guess the telematics has priority.  The aftermarket bluetooth kit though.....
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #59 on: 02 October 2009, 03:10:34 »

will check in the a.m. Or rather later today if helps further. :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.