Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery Problem..........again!  (Read 2646 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Battery Problem..........again!
« Reply #15 on: 22 March 2010, 22:36:16 »

Tell me to shut up but i agree with call out guy. With all lights off and revving engine at 3000 rpm you should get about 13.5 to 14 volts at terminals.

Nope...if the battery is drawing mega current becasue its silly flat, then altenator will not be able to raise a full 14V...or possibly even get close to it

Wayne

« Reply #16 on: 22 March 2010, 22:38:56 »

i dont know mate, it wouldnt go above 12 volts no matter how much i revved it and put every thing on in the car, heater full blast, lights, etc
dont wanna fork out for an alternator on Ebay and it aint that, but Powersounder will be done and i can go from there,  i think im just bloody jinxed with this car! anyone wanna buy it!!  lol

Wayne

« Reply #17 on: 22 March 2010, 22:42:53 »

my cars done 70,000 miles,  S Registration on a 1998, CDX Estate in Gold,  i wanna buy something else as i have had enough of spending loads on it, plus i dont need an Estate anymore....
whats it worth guys?
its in good nick

manny

• bromorough.Wirral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 March 2010, 22:46:57 »

Best way to check alternator is to charge batt fully and run engine with all lights off and all electric switches. Then you should get 14 volts at batt terminals.
2001 OMEGA MV6

manny

• bromorough.Wirral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 March 2010, 22:48:36 »

my cars done 70,000 miles,  S Registration on a 1998, CDX Estate in Gold,  i wanna buy something else as i have had enough of spending loads on it, plus i dont need an Estate anymore....
whats it worth guys?
its in good nick
Better the devil you know. :y
2001 OMEGA MV6

Wayne

« Reply #20 on: 22 March 2010, 22:49:53 »

i suppose, but i dont need this whopping big car anymore, lol - 2.5V6 gas guzzling machine!

manny

• bromorough.Wirral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 March 2010, 22:56:16 »

i suppose, but i dont need this whopping big car anymore, lol - 2.5V6 gas guzzling machine!
I agree with the gas guzzling bit. :o
2001 OMEGA MV6

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2010, 23:26:04 »

This ain't the best advert I've ever read mate  ;D ;D
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Wayne

« Reply #23 on: 23 March 2010, 00:09:29 »

lol,  whoops!  i did try!

Wayne

« Reply #24 on: 24 March 2010, 18:19:53 »

left my car on charge, went to start it last night and NOTHING

booster packed it again after i had charged this aswell, she started, got down the road and popped in to see my mate, while sat on his drive the cars lights kept dipping and the revs were going up by themselves without me touching them...
me thinks Alternator! surely?
its obviously not charging the batter at all
anyway - went to lock my car when i got back and it wont lock!! theres not even enough juice in the battery...  came out late last night while car still unlocked, and opened the boot at 1.30am, friggin car alarm power sounder went off!!!!!!
it wasnt as loud as normal and sounded muffled as it was struggling to get power to do its thing!

I`M GONNA KILL MY CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 March 2010, 18:24:05 »

Well, if the fully charged battery didn't start it, it doesn't point to the alternator, IMHO.

Did you check the charging voltage from the alternator once it had started with a charged battery (to eliminate the battery loading down the alternator)?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 March 2010, 18:25:53 »

Its all pointing to a goosed battery....if you fully charged it and it would not start the car yet a booster pack did....then that telling you a story.

Wayne

« Reply #27 on: 24 March 2010, 18:29:07 »

but surely when the lights are dimming when the car has been left running for 40 minutes is worrying?
and also the revs going up a fair bit by themselves when the dimming is occuring? i dont know, i aint got a clue about cars, lol
i just want this thing to work! lol

the voltage reading was 12 volts from alternator and was NOT rising whatsoever when revved up to 3000 RPM and everything switched on

Wayne

« Reply #28 on: 24 March 2010, 18:32:10 »

when i say i charged it, i left the battery connected to the car and left the charger pack on for 24 hours resting under the bonnet covered by lots of sheets to stop water getting in,  unless...... the weight of the bonnet knocked the bleeding things off the terminals and it didnt get a proper charge

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 March 2010, 18:33:55 »

when i say i charged it, i left the battery connected to the car and left the charger pack on for 24 hours resting under the bonnet covered by lots of sheets to stop water getting in,  unless...... the weight of the bonnet knocked the bleeding things off the terminals and it didnt get a proper charge

As already said....you need a fully charged battery first before you can even think of doing an alternator test.

The FACT that this battery which was supposed to be fully charged didn;t start the car tells you that the above requirement has not been met  :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.