Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 15:18:00 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by Jimbob
Ok....so I can deffo do a nut / bolt solution for the pawl's that fly out.....once I can work out how to rewind the spring  ;D ;D ;D

The spring replacement can be a bit of an arse. You have to put the outer part with the hook on up against a peg/casting on the outer side of the inner hole and then gradually rotate the casing while feeding the spring inside its own loop. Do this until the whole spring is inside itself. It can be awkward as you have to fit a spring that is open to around one foot in diameter in to a recess of around two and a half inches.  :D
Once the spring is fitted, fit the pull cord through the pawl plate hole, then you have to carefully lower the pawl plate on to the spindle and wiggle it in to place until it’s in position. There will be a peg/pin on the underside of the pawl plate that should grab the inner spring hook when you turn the pawl plate. It usually grabs by turning anti-clockwise. It will resist and try to turn back when it’s caught the hook. Keep turning it against the resistance until it’s fairly tight, jam the reel with a screwdriver and feed the pull cord through the casing hole and fit the pull cord handle. When you release the screwdriver the wheel should pull the cord on to the reel.  :y
If this doesn’t make sense, watch a YouTube video of how to do it.  :y ;D

Cheers for that

Well I wish that had been designed that way, but the bit that clicks into the housing needed putting on last and was a tight fit over a big wide pin.  somehow managed and its wound up, hopefully enough, shall see if it works....not that its any more than a project to tinker with now.  Replacement has been made.

on: Today at 15:15:11 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by johnnydog
Short

on: Today at 13:18:02 
Started by Varche - Last post by ronnyd
Amazon item due by next Tuesday with a courier called YDH.

Went for a pee, gets a knock on the door (Twice)  I shouted 3 times trying to get thier attention.  Got to the door to see a red van drive off, waved but didnt see me. No note through the door.

Not expeting any other parcels.
Nothing left outside.
Amazon Tracking has shown as dispached for 2 days now.

Wonder what happens now, do they redeliver or does the fun start now (If of course it is the Amazon package)
Incontinence is a terrible thing.  :)

on: Today at 13:15:50 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by ronnyd
Why are we talking about lawnmowers?  ???    It's 'No Mow May!' :D

Let the flowers grow....  Save the bees!  :)
Does that include my lawn, sorry, i mean weed patch?  :D

on: Today at 13:13:31 
Started by Andy H - Last post by ronnyd
Used to have an good indy motor factors near me, i see it's now Wilco. Time will tell i suppose.  :-\

on: Today at 13:10:11 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by ronnyd
Some times I think car designers lose the plot.  The new 7 Series has the most hideous headlamps I Have seen on recent cars.

Plus going back to even the Lotus Carltom.  Wheels, same rotatation design on both sides, so looks the biz from the passenger side and the drivers side just looks wrong.  With CNC tech these days, just click a button, mirror the patern, click start.
The whole front end can be described as that.  ;)

on: Today at 12:50:47 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
Why are we talking about lawnmowers?  ???    It's 'No Mow May!' :D

Let the flowers grow....  Save the bees!  :)

on: Today at 12:38:32 
Started by Varche - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Amazon item due by next Tuesday with a courier called YDH.

Went for a pee, gets a knock on the door (Twice)  I shouted 3 times trying to get thier attention.  Got to the door to see a red van drive off, waved but didnt see me. No note through the door.

Not expeting any other parcels.
Nothing left outside.
Amazon Tracking has shown as dispached for 2 days now.

Wonder what happens now, do they redeliver or does the fun start now (If of course it is the Amazon package)

on: Today at 12:09:53 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by Doctor Gollum
So, near as I can tell the Bini had a simple radio cd as standard.

Previously someone changed it for a Pioneer Bluetooth lump and whilst it turned on/off I couldn't figure out how to use it and it looked hideous.

I had a touch screen unit kicking around so went to fit that instead but have run into an issue...

Connected directly to the battery it powers up fine, but using the adapter lead it doesn't even pretend to. I've tried swapping the red and yellow leads on the head unit side but no difference.

The adapter harness that came with the car was a mess, but the car side is unmolested. And whilst the pins on the new adapter are what you would expect to see, it's obviously not happy.

From the pinouts I can find online, the factory unit uses the CAN+ as a verification to turn on the power to the radio. To bypass this, do I need to return it to CAN- or ground?

Fitting an aftermarket unit should be plug and play, but that's clearly not the case :-\

These are the pinouts as on the car...
https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Audi-BMW/MINI_Boost_Head_Unit_pinout.shtml

https://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-car-connector/MINI-stereo-wiring-diagram.htm

on: Today at 08:37:08 
Started by Field Marshal Dr. Opti - Last post by YZ250
……..
Personally I think they should have come like this as standard.

I agree, it looks so much better.  I’d be well happy with that.  :y

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 16 queries.