Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: Corona virus Europe  (Read 130258 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus Europe
« Reply #855 on: 19 April 2020, 17:33:45 »

There was an article on the net around 7-10 days ago that a warehouse that was storing PPE had been broken into and that the  PPE stocks had been stolen, how very convenient that seemed  to me, check eBay out perhaps..😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 19 April 2020, 17:47:39 »

PPE  ::) what's the problem :-\  there's loads of steel toe-caps, ear defenders,knee pads, boiler suits ,hard hats on ebay   ;D :D

STEMO

« Reply #857 on: 19 April 2020, 17:52:32 »

:)
« Last Edit: 19 April 2020, 18:03:37 by STEMO »

STEMO

« Reply #858 on: 19 April 2020, 17:53:58 »

To clarify - Covid patients aren't the position where they cant breathe for themselves. The problem is the oxygen getting from the lungs out to the vital organs. Covid causes a yellow mucus substance to coat the inside of the lungs and slows the release of oxygen from the lungs into the body.
To sedate the patient and then force lots of oxygen into the lungs just wrecks the lungs.
Better to keep them conscious and give them a low pressure supply of oxygen* to assist the process until they start to recover.
A NYC doctor has made a video about this which is on YouTube if anyone wants to take a look at it.
So nothing to do with data or statistics, apart from the fact that he got very curious about why most patients died once put on a ventilator and decided to give it a lot of thought in order to find out why this was so.
* This can be provided by a ventilator, but a ventilator is usually used under higher pressure . Much easier to just use an oxygen mask.
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928156?scr=soc_yt_200311_mscpedt_news_mdspc_COVIDJOHN&faf=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rZFz7V1Hwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elgct0nOcKY
Very interesting and thought provoking, Albs.

STEMO

« Reply #859 on: 19 April 2020, 18:04:01 »

And now the latest piece of "data stupidity"  .....

"News" headlines are full of the "fact" that there is a shortage of PPE .. and that the delivery from Turkey is delayed (but they don't tell us why ......) ...so ...

The NEU now "demand" PPE for teachers ....   https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-teacher-protection-matter-urgency

Now I "thought" a teacher "might" have a functioning brain cell .. but it appears not .... the "new logic" appears to be ...

when we know we are desperately short of something, demand it be given to more people

just what has happened to "common sense"  ?

I didn't read anything a teacher said in that, just the head of an academy chain. Get your facts right before jumping on the high horse.
Further to that, teachers are not doctors or nurses and, if push comes to shove, they just won't work without PPE if it's deemed necessary.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 19 April 2020, 18:06:01 »

Everyone working key jobs with people, where contact is likely or contamination from covid 19 is likely  ...
NHS, care workers,cleaners ,shop staff,chemists, and TEACHERS etc etc should have PPE
the fact that there is a shortage of PPE should not exclude people deserving it's protection
why should a teacher risk death to do their job  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #861 on: 19 April 2020, 18:08:18 »

Everyone working key jobs with people, where contact is likely or contamination from covid 19 is likely  ...
NHS, care workers,cleaners ,shop staff,chemists, and TEACHERS etc etc should have PPE
the fact that there is a shortage of PPE should not exclude people deserving it's protection
Doctors and nurses do it to save lives, teachers aren't going to do it so that people can go back to work to save the economy. F**k the economy.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 19 April 2020, 18:18:13 »

Doctors and nurses do it to save lives, teachers aren't going to do it so that people can go back to work to save the economy. F**k the economy.
I agree Uncle Stemo  :y
BUT , isn't your good lady and other teachers ,risking herself and others by looking after key workers children ,who could have covid 19 unless adequate PPE is supplied

STEMO

« Reply #863 on: 19 April 2020, 18:30:57 »

I agree Uncle Stemo  :y
BUT , isn't your good lady and other teachers ,risking herself and others by looking after key workers children ,who could have covid 19 unless adequate PPE is supplied
At the moment there are so few children that only a handful of staff are required and social distancing is not a problem. There is no way to work safely with a class of 35 snotty kids, shoving their fingers up their arses and then up their nose, PPE or not.
The whole idea, as I read it, was to get kids back to the happy normality of school life. It won't look very normal if their teachers all wear masks and goggles and run like f**k if one of them sneezes.  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 19 April 2020, 19:24:11 »

And now the latest piece of "data stupidity"  .....

"News" headlines are full of the "fact" that there is a shortage of PPE .. and that the delivery from Turkey is delayed (but they don't tell us why ......) ...so ...

The NEU now "demand" PPE for teachers ....   https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus-teacher-protection-matter-urgency

Now I "thought" a teacher "might" have a functioning brain cell .. but it appears not .... the "new logic" appears to be ...

when we know we are desperately short of something, demand it be given to more people

just what has happened to "common sense"  ?

I didn't read anything a teacher said in that, just the head of an academy chain. Get your facts right before jumping on the high horse.
Further to that, teachers are not doctors or nurses and, if push comes to shove, they just won't work without PPE if it's deemed necessary.

You didn't read much then .. it is a direct quote from Sir John Townsley,    if you actually take note ..   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Townsley  has been "teaching" since 1987 .... to me, that makes him a "teacher" ... especially as he is then described as a "deputy head teacher" ... followed by "Head teacher"

facts checked ......   accuracy 100% .... no high horse needed ...

STEMO

« Reply #865 on: 19 April 2020, 19:39:47 »

He's no more a teacher than Gavin Williamson. He might have once been a teacher, but he isn't now, he's the CEO of a trust.......and I'm surprised he's not taking the kings shilling, as most of them do.

STEMO

« Reply #866 on: 19 April 2020, 19:41:55 »

But.......as I said, the teachers I know won't be putting themselves in unnecessary danger, PPE or not. Why should they be the ones who go back first, so we can see if there is a rise in cases, or not?

STEMO

« Reply #867 on: 19 April 2020, 19:44:02 »

And as for your offensive remark about a functioning brain cell.....what did you get a degree in? Or is university just a series of tick box answers now?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 19 April 2020, 20:23:07 »

my daughter is an ICU nurse and she says they have plenty of PPE  :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 19 April 2020, 20:26:35 »

SWMBO works at ASDA on the tills & isn't allowed to wear a mask. They have access to some gloves though I provided her with some to start with.

My work has a reasonable supply of PPE but only get a mask if it's a 2 man task that requires close proximity working
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 78   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.