Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sellers reference?  (Read 1339 times)

ada-v

• telford
    • View Profile
sellers reference?
« on: 09 February 2007, 12:08:57 »

have we got a system on here where we can leave feedback for a seller/buyer, such as iTrader, or maybe just reference folder for each member?

sortof takes away the gamble that is dealing with people that are unknown, as it were.

could also do disputes so members can see if anyone has had bad dealings with somoene.

just a thought as i have recently sold something and wanted to leave some kind of appraisal for the lad who bought off me, but cant find anywhere.

cheers
ade

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re:  sellers reference?
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2007, 12:47:38 »

have we got a system on here where we can leave feedback for a seller/buyer, such as iTrader, or maybe just reference folder for each member?

sortof takes away the gamble that is dealing with people that are unknown, as it were.

could also do disputes so members can see if anyone has had bad dealings with somoene.

just a thought as i have recently sold something and wanted to leave some kind of appraisal for the lad who bought off me, but cant find anywhere.

cheers
ade
No, there's not...

Currently with the size of our community, I don't think its required yet either...
« Last Edit: 09 February 2007, 12:48:28 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

ada-v

• telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2007, 13:34:30 »

thats fine, dood.

just thought i would ask the question.

what about putting a block on new members advertising straight away??

just some kind of protection for existing members kindathing

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2007, 13:49:56 »

new users are unable to post in cars for sale, but can in parts of sale.  We will review the situation if the need arises, or when membership grows enough that problems become more likely :)
Grumpy old man

ada-v

• telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2007, 14:03:10 »

no offence intended, and trying not to geton my soapboix or owt, but surely it should be the other way round.

ie, cars for sale (you are hardly gonna send a cheque or buy a car unseen) but parts you would so more scope for getting ripped off.

and your statement about dealing with it when the need arises says to me that you will wait til someone/group of people get ripped off until something is done?

sure that will be of great consolation for someone who is, for arguments sake, 1500 quid down for a set of TB's or summat.

smacks of the uselessness of the police just lately (cant do anythig unless they catch someone doing it

surely proaction is better than reaction?

but, its your site, just offering suggestions. up to you guys.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2007, 14:12:29 »

Suggestion taken on board :y

No, we don't intend to wait until it happens, that was not what I was trying to say.  Currently, we are a small, quite tight community, and unlikely to be an issue currently. That will change as we grow obviously.

If you, or anyone else, thinks its an issue currently, pleas elet one of the admins know, and we'll discuss it immediately.

No offense taken, we welcome all suggestions and contructive criticism :y

Mind you, you can by my TBs for £1500 any day. I'll throw in the rest of the car as well ;D ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.