Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 / 2.0 cambelt party - Brackley  (Read 15822 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: 2.2 cambelt party - Brackley
« Reply #15 on: 19 February 2007, 15:34:38 »

I have a day pass so will be there to observe proceedings.....and do a few cambelts and rear brakes etc.....

and get sore knees  :(
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 February 2007, 15:49:35 »

Not with my new gel filled knee pads.....make you like a total arse though...
« Last Edit: 19 February 2007, 15:50:38 by Mark »

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 February 2007, 16:38:36 »

.....make you like a total arse though...

Who is a total arse and why would you like him if hes a total arse????  ;D

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 February 2007, 17:09:41 »

I'll tootle down, I'll bring the estate to carry Marks tool box!  ;)
The Administrator.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 February 2007, 17:56:25 »

should add that its not just 2.2's.... the 2.0's can be done too  :y

Taxi_Driver

Re: 2.2 / 2.0 cambelt party - Brackley
« Reply #20 on: 19 February 2007, 18:23:51 »

Can i bring my 2.2?......tho unless its just spanner passing etc i wont be much help  :-[

Could tho go out on food run etc  :)

History of my cambelt.....Cambelt and tensioner done at 42k.....new water pump at 50kish (carnt quite remember  :-[ ) Tensioner done again a few k later.....its now approaching 86k....by my reckoning its a few k short yet of needing doing....but to be on the safe side.......

On thing that might stop me is.....im advertising my merc this week and i might get someone wanting to view it on Sat  :-/

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 February 2007, 18:31:48 »

Can i bring my 2.2?......tho unless its just spanner passing etc i wont be much help  :-[

History of my cambelt.....Cambelt and tensioner done at 42k.....new water pump at 50kish (carnt quite remember  :-[ ) Tensioner done again a few k later.....its now approaching 86k....by my reckoning its a few k short yet of needing doing....but to be on the safe side.......

On thing that might stop me is.....im advertising my merc this week and i might get someone wanting to view it on Sat  :-/

Excuses, excuses, excuses......
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #22 on: 19 February 2007, 18:35:40 »

If you bought it for Mrs AA, AA then i wouldnt have an excuse  :D ....i'll except a packet of smarties for it.......

.......plus £3999  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 February 2007, 18:35:45 »

Remember TD, 40k/4yrs is the MAXIMUM.  I try to get mine in that little bit earlier, at a time that is convenient to me, rather than worrying and rushing to get done at last minute.
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 February 2007, 18:38:44 »

If you bought it for Mrs AA, AA then i wouldnt have an excuse  :D ....i'll except a packet of smarties for it.......

.......plus £3999  ;D

Mrs AA says, keep the Merc, she'll buy you a packet of smarties....
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2007, 18:41:05 »

Remember TD, 40k/4yrs is the MAXIMUM.  I try to get mine in that little bit earlier, at a time that is convenient to me, rather than worrying and rushing to get done at last minute.

Good point TB  :y

If Tunnie says ok......i'll be along.....any merc viewers will have to come on Sunday  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 February 2007, 19:11:56 »

If Tunnie says ok......i'll be along.....any merc viewers will have to come on Sunday  ;)

Hey TD, your more than welcome to come down!  :y Once I have seen mine being done I should be able to get stuck into another, we will also have MarkDTM just down the road in case we hit trouble!

I have to agree with TheBoy on your cambelt, it should all be done at the same time. Looking at those numbers your actual belt has done 44k!!

Get on the phone to Autovaux and get them ordered, £101 for belt kit &, pump. £134 from Vaux direct.

I am getting my aux belt done too, at only £15 worth doing!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #27 on: 19 February 2007, 20:47:09 »

Hey TD, your more than welcome to come down!  :y Once I have seen mine being done I should be able to get stuck into another, we will also have MarkDTM just down the road in case we hit trouble!

I have to agree with TheBoy on your cambelt, it should all be done at the same time. Looking at those numbers your actual belt has done 44k!!

Get on the phone to Autovaux and get them ordered, £101 for belt kit &, pump. £134 from Vaux direct.

Cheers m8  :y

But if i was to believe lying vx dealer.....they change the belt and tensioner when they do any work on water pump....tensioner ...so it should be a few k shy of doing....but you could be right...its overdue....if they lied yet again to me  >:( all that work was warranty so i have no actual proof...like reciepts  :(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2007, 20:56:18 »

i would not be surprised if they re-used the same belt!

Its worth doing since your Omega is your job and need it for your business!  Its not worth risking the engine over £100

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #29 on: 19 February 2007, 20:58:40 »

I just had to had veccyB aux belt done as it snapped it  :( .....thought easy job...cost me about £14 for belt.....was i ever wrong  :( .....ended up taking to my local garage.....you have to take off engine mounting to fit it  >:( ....no wonder i couldnt work it out how to fit it  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.