Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What an ugly car.......  (Read 3193 times)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: What an ugly car.......
« Reply #30 on: 25 July 2012, 18:01:08 »

Strange things French cars  ::)

Indeed LR, in a world of dreadful sameness some things remain iconic - bearing that in mind, should I ever hope to be seduced by anything French – other than Ségolène Royal or Christine Lagarde – it would have to be by an early 60’s Chapron DS Décapotable. :-* :-* 8)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25 July 2012, 18:57:26 »

it would have to be by an early 60’s Chapron DS Décapotable. :-* :-* 8) ....

even an ordinary saloon would do for me.  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 25 July 2012, 20:12:42 »

no mention of ugly cars is complete without the mention of the Fiat Multipla....

or, more commonly known as

The Fuglymobile.

It's not ugly, just a bit odd looking. Can't argue with the shite part though. Both of my neighbours have them, so there are two parked outside now.

Now if you want to see an ugly car, google for pics of a Ssangyong Rodius. I should warn you that you will regret it! This is why I'm not providing a link. You may have seen one on the road, but a normal brain should mask the effect of its ghastlyness

As for the Avantime, only the French could come up with a massive 4 seat 'coupe' based on a bloody great people carrier(it's a 3.0l V6 Espace underneath). I quite like it, it's a proper French car focused on style(which is an objective thing) and comfort. At least it's not pretending to be a French attempt at a German car. Can you imagine what a mess they'd make of that?

As for the running costs, if you pay Renault to fix it, you'll be bankrupt very quickly. For instance, they want nearly £1400 to change the cambelt(when the kit is £120ish) as they insist on taking the engine out to do the job! My mate who's run one as his daily for the last 3 years did it in 4 hours on his drive. His was converted to LPG before he bought it, and he spends less on fuel than I do. They can suffer from crap electrics, but then what modern car doesn't? As for the rest of the mechanical bits, it's all common  Renault, just like an Omega is easy Vauxhall parts.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 July 2012, 22:15:26 »

Not sure I have even heard of this let alone seen one, not bad on economy given the power if the specs are to be believed........ :) :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201230479800812/sort/locasc/usedcars/transmission/automatic/price-to/2000/fuel-type/diesel/onesearchad/used/radius/1500/page/7/postcode/dl179bb?logcode=p

I've seen a few Vel Satis, it's the Avantime that's the rare one. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/renault/avantime/postcode/bl81xw/radius/1500/sort/default/onesearchad/used  :y

Interesting...... :-\ :-\ Only 2 doors, those doors must be a nightmare in the average car park...... ::) ::)
Got a kind of unique look about it though.... :)

Not at all, the doors are double hinged so you can open the door in tiny gaps and still get in with no problem :y. The Vel Satis is an ugly car, but they're very comfortable.

Not sure what you mean Del, certainly not sliding..... :)
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201139418465888/sort/default/usedcars/model/avantime/make/renault/onesearchad/used/postcode/bl81xw/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 July 2012, 22:57:02 »

As for the Avantime, only the French could come up with a massive 4 seat 'coupe' based on a bloody great people carrier(it's a 3.0l V6 Espace underneath).

Oh, dear! <shudder>
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.