Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Discovery TD5  (Read 3958 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Discovery TD5
« Reply #30 on: 24 January 2014, 17:21:20 »

This sums things up nicely

http://www.repairmylandrover.co.uk/featured-items/alternative-land-rover-owners-manual

One of my favourites:

A note about Landrover horns. It may not be possible to hear the horn sounding whilst driving your vehicle as we fitted the quietist one we could find, that is because Landrover Plc do not wish to contribute to sound pollution. This horn works by giving a small, none damaging, electric shock to an ant that lives in metal box on the front grill, this causes the said critter to fart through a small trumpet, we think. Sh*t if you can’t hear a Landrover heading towards in the first place you are as deaf as a post so sounding the horn is a useless exercise anyway… The sound deadening we omitted to fit to your vehicle also helps prevent you hearing the horn above the cacophony of mechanical noise that emanate from your vehicle during normal use
PMSL.

Still, still beats a Yamaha horn. It was so bad, I replaced it, only to discover the new one was even quieter ;D
Grumpy old man

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 January 2014, 01:40:13 »

Wife is on her second TD5 and this one is one of the first 99T reg, it now has over 205K on it. 10P engine code
EGR removed
De-cat
Removed centre box (not chipped yet) and pulls like a train 30mpg all day long. Poly bushed all over. :y

I have two spare engines in the garage, a 10P in bits almost at point of rebuild and a 15P with normal head issue (no4 injector hole leaking fuel past it which is a £150 to have welded and re-cut) to start work on this summer.

Martin_1962

« Reply #32 on: 26 January 2014, 10:16:43 »

Wife is on her second TD5 and this one is one of the first 99T reg, it now has over 205K on it. 10P engine code
EGR removed
De-cat
Removed centre box (not chipped yet) and pulls like a train 30mpg all day long. Poly bushed all over. :y

I have two spare engines in the garage, a 10P in bits almost at point of rebuild and a 15P with normal head issue (no4 injector hole leaking fuel past it which is a £150 to have welded and re-cut) to start work on this summer.

75000 on a ten year old one.

The switch placement is very random.

Lights are only halogen, not so nice after Xenons

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 January 2014, 13:40:33 »

Lights are only halogen, not so nice after Xenons
Check the connections to the chassis are good, they sometimes get a bit of corrosion, increasing resistance.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 18 queries.