Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EuroCarParts 50% Sale Offers - Hmm maybe not.  (Read 2883 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
EuroCarParts 50% Sale Offers - Hmm maybe not.
« on: 16 June 2014, 12:17:02 »

Ok, first off, Im not trying to knock them, they do what they say on the Tin, delivery is good and free, or better still you reserve and pick up and pays your money.

They do seem to be knocking out 50% Sale Offers frequently lately, so we all like a bargain and when thats not on, you can use many of there discount codes, normally 25 or 30% off normal, but one thing I have noticed is your cant use promo codes during there (up to) 50% Sale periods, fair enough maybe.

I bought some stuff online yesterday, during their 50% Sale, and got some bargains, namely Wiper Blades at £1.50 each, normally 7 or 8 quid plus some other odds and sods, However, a couple of items I was looking at getting didn't seem to be that much cheaper, despite having a lower price tag during the Sale, so I passed.

Logged on this morning and checked the items I passed on yesterday, and low and behold there the same list price today as they was on a reduced price yesterday during the Sale. so I did my required min £10 spend (Promo Code requirement) entered Promo Code ****30 and got a further 30% Discount on check out. Something I couldn't do yesterday during the Sale.

So I off later to pick my 2 separate online orders a happier bunny, but the point I making here is dont get too keyboard happy during their Sale periods, do your homework.  ;)

« Last Edit: 16 June 2014, 12:19:51 by zirk »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: EuroCarParts 50% Sale Offers - Hmm maybe not.
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2014, 13:00:49 »

Ok, first off, Im not trying to knock them, they do what they say on the Tin, delivery is good and free, or better still you reserve and pick up and pays your money.

They do seem to be knocking out 50% Sale Offers frequently lately, so we all like a bargain and when thats not on, you can use many of there discount codes, normally 25 or 30% off normal, but one thing I have noticed is your cant use promo codes during there (up to) 50% Sale periods, fair enough maybe.

I bought some stuff online yesterday, during their 50% Sale, and got some bargains, namely £1.50 each, normally 7 or 8 Wiper Blades at quid plus some other odds and sods, However, a couple of items I was looking at getting didn't seem to be that much cheaper, despite having a lower price tag during the Sale, so I passed.

Logged on this morning and checked the items I passed on yesterday, and low and behold there the same list price today as they was on a reduced price yesterday during the Sale. so I did my required min £10 spend (Promo Code requirement) entered Promo Code ****30 and got a further 30% Discount on check out. Something I couldn't do yesterday during the Sale.

So I off later to pick my 2 separate online orders a happier bunny, but the point I making here is dont get too keyboard happy during their Sale periods, do your homework.  ;)

Yep. You can't go wrong at thirty bob a wiper blade. Free delivery, too. :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2014, 13:06:34 »

Well you can if you get them from Poundland, as my Ex found out with a Scratched Windscreen come MOT time.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2014, 13:55:43 »

Well you can if you get them from Poundland, as my Ex found out with a Scratched Windscreen come MOT time.  ::)

The wipers I bought from Eurocarparts for £1.40 each proved far better than the RAC branded wipers which cost almost £10 for the pair and were painfully noisy. :-\

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2014, 15:00:58 »

Coolant 5lt concentrate red , oil filter and cabin filter £20.00 . Thats apparently with £8 off  :-\

Would i get these cheaper at Vauxhall  :-\ :-\ :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2014, 15:33:53 »

Coolant 5lt concentrate red , oil filter and cabin filter £20.00 . Thats apparently with £8 off  :-\

Works out at £13.78 for all 3 with a ECP Discount Code.  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2014, 16:11:21 »

Sssshhhh!  Don't mention the wiper blades!  :o  I did and almost got away with it!!!  ::)  ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2014, 16:50:06 »

Works out at £13.78 for all 3 with a ECP Discount Code;)

:y :y :y :y Mr Emd likes a bargain. :y

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2014, 17:02:12 »

Aye , just been round the local parts place ..did me a filter cheaper and a decent make one  :P

Already have a stock of oil , mite wait till halfords have a sale on the coolant  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2014, 17:05:27 »

Aye , just been round the local parts place ..did me a filter cheaper and a decent make one  :P

Already have a stock of oil , mite wait till halfords have a sale on the coolant  :)

Did you spend more than your usual 99P?....... ::) ::) ::) ;)

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2014, 17:52:46 »

Unfortunate yes  :-[ Those wipers you get from ecp mr opti , are they cheapo's or branded good ones  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2014, 18:09:15 »

I wonder if ECP are struggling? I don't think any of these sales produce better prices than normal, so in reality, the sale prices are the normal prices.

If you use this sort of retail tactic, you have to keep doing it (DFS/SCS style), else nobody will buy at non sale time (even though we know its the same price).
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2014, 18:47:27 »

Unfortunate yes  :-[ Those wipers you get from ecp mr opti , are they cheapo's or branded good ones  :-\

The ones I use are called Vistapro. I find them excellent. When not in the sale period they are usually about £8-£10 each. :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2014, 19:15:10 »

I wonder if ECP are struggling? I don't think any of these sales produce better prices than normal, so in reality, the sale prices are the normal prices.

If you use this sort of retail tactic, you have to keep doing it (DFS/SCS style), else nobody will buy at non sale time (even though we know its the same price).
they are after the whole trade market,including paint and consumables, some small independants are feeling, the ecp pinch.
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2014, 19:29:36 »

they are after the whole trade market,including paint and consumables, some small independants are feeling, the ecp pinch.
Not many small indies around these parts  :'(
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.