Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance question  (Read 1753 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance question
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2010, 22:11:21 »

I don't know what the 3rd party are going to claim, and this point I no longer care...

Yes I have protected NCD, but the insurance says that my premium will go up, though not as much as it would have done if I did not have protected NCD... strange

At any rate the bottom line is that if I choose to claim for my bumper, the only cost to me at this point is the £250 excess. So do I pay £250 and fix the damn thing, or do I keep my money and let my wide drive around with a cracked bumper?

« Last Edit: 08 January 2010, 22:11:50 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

KillerWatt

« Reply #16 on: 08 January 2010, 22:14:02 »

For £250, you can have the f**ker removed, welded, painted, put back on, and still have change to cover you for a night out down the local.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 January 2010, 22:14:35 »

I don't know what the 3rd party are going to claim, and this point I no longer care...

Yes I have protected NCD, but the insurance says that my premium will go up, though not as much as it would have done if I did not have protected NCD... strange

At any rate the bottom line is that if I choose to claim for my bumper, the only cost to me at this point is the £250 excess. So do I pay £250 and fix the damn thing, or do I keep my money and let my wide drive around with a cracked bumper?

Whether the 3rd party calim £10 or £10 000 you will still have a claim against you & your ins will be affected next year. Get your bumber repaired and pay your £250 excess ........

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 January 2010, 00:26:16 »

For £250, you can have the f**ker removed, welded, painted, put back on, and still have change to cover you for a night out down the local.

Eloquent as always......

::) :y :y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 January 2010, 09:32:59 »

Haven't you got protected NCD, in other words some companys don't increase you premium on renewal, or do they? And sometimes you're allowed more than one claim in so many years and all that :y

Mick
Your 'risk' goes up after accident, so although you still have, for eg 60% NCD, the orignal (pre NCD) fee will be much higher.

Thats why insurance companies ask how much NCD you have, and how many accidents you have had ;)
Grumpy old man

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 January 2010, 12:35:34 »

Haven't you got protected NCD, in other words some companys don't increase you premium on renewal, or do they? And sometimes you're allowed more than one claim in so many years and all that :y

Mick
Your 'risk' goes up after accident, so although you still have, for eg 60% NCD, the orignal (pre NCD) fee will be much higher.

Thats why insurance companies ask how much NCD you have, and how many accidents you have had ;)

That explains it - thanks.

Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.