Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: blue tooth connection  (Read 3943 times)

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
blue tooth connection
« on: 22 May 2014, 17:34:57 »

Can anyone tell me how i can connect my Mobile vie Bluetooth to my radio, i have a 2000er facelift.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: blue tooth connection
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2014, 17:50:31 »

Can anyone tell me how i can connect my Mobile vie Bluetooth to my radio, i have a 2000er facelift.
What HU
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2014, 18:19:39 »

whats a HU ?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2014, 19:19:40 »

Head Unit  :y

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2014, 19:25:32 »

iŽll check and get back to you :o

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2014, 19:38:40 »

Regardless of Head unit - assuming it's a standard VX / GM Unit, the simplest way is to use an Autoleads 06-109B telemute lead.

This connects to the telephone pre-wiring which is located above the glovebox (if not previously used) or it will be hanging down underneath the right hand side of the glovebox if it's been used before.

This will connect to a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth kit that you can buy cheaply from Ebay or with some slight modification you can use other car kits.

The Nokia Microphone lead can run up the passenger A pillar and under the roof lining and through the centre overhead lamp assembly where the microphone can be stuck

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2014, 21:36:05 »

Regardless of Head unit - assuming it's a standard VX / GM Unit, the simplest way is to use an Autoleads 06-109B telemute lead.

This connects to the telephone pre-wiring which is located above the glovebox (if not previously used) or it will be hanging down underneath the right hand side of the glovebox if it's been used before.

This will connect to a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth kit that you can buy cheaply from Ebay or with some slight modification you can use other car kits.

The Nokia Microphone lead can run up the passenger A pillar and under the roof lining and through the centre overhead lamp assembly where the microphone can be stuck
Or the GM MIC can be used (if fitted), though is slightly deaf
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2014, 21:46:37 »

Should have said to run it the other way really as it'd be hard work pushing the mic through the headlining...!

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2014, 23:17:26 »

You know I might just have a go at this myself. I have a HFW-1 along with the controller etc sitting in the garage doing nothing and it's got to be better than the Supervoice  thing I am using now. Do you know what the differences are between the HFW-1 and the HX-5?

I don't suppose you know the wiring colours that I would need to connect to on the telephone pre wiring multiplug for me to wire the HFW-1 into by chance do you or will I have to search it out via TIS?

I take it there would be no problem with it muting a feeding the audio through a NCDC2013 as I know they were designed to work with the phone kit anyway.

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2014, 10:08:04 »

Don't worry I'm not going to fit it now. I have dug the kit out of the garage and the mic lead connector has been cut off. I have also read about the echo problems that they have and do remember our work one's (not sure of the model but def Nokia) echoed badly. I will keep a look out for a later model as I know these fixed the echoing. As the Supervoice works fine (but annoys me on the sunviser) I will live with that for now.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2014, 12:58:49 »

Autoleads 06-109B telemute lead.
This will connect to a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth kit
I take it there would be no problem with it muting a feeding the audio through a NCDC2013 as I know they were designed to work with the phone kit anyway.

Just reminded me that I never did get mine to mute.  :-[  I'm still using the Nokia speaker that came with the kit.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2014, 22:29:15 »

Autoleads 06-109B telemute lead.
This will connect to a Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth kit

Just reminded me that I never did get mine to mute.  :-[  I'm still using the Nokia speaker that came with the kit.  ::)

I have an NCDC2013 kicking around that doesn't mute as well, sure it must only be a relay on the mainboard.

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2014, 22:47:01 »

Well looked at the wiring for the mic and with the aid of a magnifying glass I have separated the cores so it can now be soldered and fixed.

I think over the weekend I will have a go at seeing if it works, soooo does anybody have the wiring colours for the wires I would need to splice into on the telephone loom to save me looking through TIS?

I am going to test the hands free kit off a battery before I pull the car apart but if it works me being me even though it's sat in the garage for years I will want to put it in straight away so any wiring info would be helpful.

Crazydad

• Omega Baron
  • Germany
    • 2.5 V6 facelift
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2014, 09:00:29 »

Fantastic responce, thanks to one and all. I will now see if i can transfer the writen word into deeds. ::)

Magwheels

• Intermediate Member
    • 2.2 dti Elite saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2014, 13:46:50 »

Right the Nokia handsfree has been tested off a spare battery and it works fine.... :)

Now before I pull the head unit out (NCDC2013) one last request for any info regarding if I can wire it into the telephone pre wiring loom (hence negating the need to pull out the head unit) as I am going to mount the Nokia control box behind the glove box any way and am of the understanding the wiring I would need to access for the phone pre wiring is there. Wirings colours or pin outs would be great if any body could help.

Thanks in advance
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.