Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated seats head ache!  (Read 919 times)

Davey

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
Heated seats head ache!
« on: 06 August 2008, 22:23:10 »

I've just fitted some 99 MV6 seats to my 01 CD.. I've had to swap over the seat belt tensioners but everything else plugged right in.. Problem I've got is my heated seats are on constantly! I've pulled the little control unit out of the standard CD seats but it has four wires to the heat pads not one.. After looking on TIS the Thick red and brown wires are for the heat elements and the brown and black/white wires are for the temperature sensor..  However the MV6 seats have 3 wires, Two browns and a black..

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 99 MV6.. TIS only goes back to 2001 and my Haynes Manual shows only two wires on the late models not three :(

Cheers!

Davey

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats head ache!
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2008, 22:52:11 »

I had a brain wave.. I've measured the thermistor in the original seats and its about 7k5 @ 20 degrees.. I'm going to order a couple of thermistors and retro fit the control units, the thermistor lives just at the top of the hole in the foam anyway so it should work fine :)

Still need to know what the three wires in the MV6 seats do though :(
« Last Edit: 06 August 2008, 23:09:43 by Davey »

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2008, 08:44:23 »

Cant you simply swap the heating assembly from your later car over?

The facelift heaters have a control module to support the dial-in of the temperatures (hence the extra wire) where as the earlier versions were a simple on-off affair.

Davey

• Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2008, 08:53:16 »

Yeah there is one extra green connector on my original seats (two wires) this is the 'seat temperature' signal as you say..

I lifted the fabric from the base of the original seats to have a look inside and see how easy it would be to change the heater element over but thats a no go, the base on MV6 seats is too small for the heater pad due to the extenable front section.

I've just ordered up some 4k7 termistors which need to go on the black/white + brown wires from the control unit but I'm just curious as to which wires the Brown and Red need to connect to on the MV6 seat, I assume I connect Red to Black and brown to the two brown wires..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.