Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning: HMRC Scam still circulating  (Read 1415 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Warning: HMRC Scam still circulating
« on: 31 January 2020, 13:45:31 »

Please let your elderly relatives know, especially those if no others, that the HMRC telephone scam is still doing the rounds.

This morning I had a automated / recorded voice on TELEPHONE NUMBER 0203 6310328 informing me that my HMRC account was registered as being under investigation for fraud, with of course the options to press a number to speak to an "HMRC advisor"

I have passed on the details to Action Fraud (just in case they can do anything!! ::) ::) ::))

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
Re: Warning: HMRC Scam still circulating
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2020, 14:29:20 »

Strangely enough I had a lovely text message from them letting me know I had a rebate to claim. ;D ;D
What nice people they are.........but I just deleted it.  :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2020, 16:30:51 »

Is stringing up reprobates by their balls considered illegal?

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2020, 16:35:52 »

Hate these calls & the evil bastards that prey on the gullible, bullet in the head job if I had my way.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2020, 19:58:21 »

Oh dear, a scam on top of bloodsuckers scam where today is deadline day for electronic submission of your self-assessment tax form. This has been an annual event for me since starting my first business in the early 1980s. As per usual, yesterday evening after filling in their form & they kindly calculate the extortion charge, I then had to pay a big chunk of money to bloodsucker to keep this wolf from the front door, but I never even get a thank you for my generous donation to clearing the national debt. Unfortunately, that is still growing where they seem to still be shovelling our cash down the drain faster than the rate we over-worked, underpaid & over-taxed plebs can replenish it at. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2020, 20:04:08 »

Been a day of great sadness for me  today to and a hit on the old bank account, as 31st January is the final date for payment of 1st instalment of Self Employed account for 2018/19.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2020, 20:06:18 »

If I get a call on my mobile that's from a number not recognized by its memory I don't answer it at all,I figure if its someone who actually knows me[using someone elses phone for example]then they'll send me a text message after trying to phone.At home I let the house phone ring to the answering machine then I can either ignore their message[although automated calls don't leave one] or I can respond to it.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2020, 20:10:26 »

Oh dear, a scam on top of bloodsuckers scam where today is deadline day for electronic submission of your self-assessment tax form. This has been an annual event for me since starting my first business in the early 1980s. As per usual, yesterday evening after filling in their form & they kindly calculate the extortion charge, I then had to pay a big chunk of money to bloodsucker to keep this wolf from the front door, but I never even get a thank you for my generous donation to clearing the national debt. Unfortunately, that is still growing where they seem to still be shovelling our cash down the drain faster than the rate we over-worked, underpaid & over-taxed plebs can replenish it at. >:( >:( >:(
I thought you were self-employed? You'd better stop over-working yourself or you'll have to take yourself to a industrial tribunal. If you lose your case you'll have to pay yourself compensation.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2020, 20:41:00 »

I thought you were self-employed? You'd better stop over-working yourself or you'll have to take yourself to a industrial tribunal. If you lose your case you'll have to pay yourself compensation.

Sounds a bit like Brighton & Hove FC who today have been negotiating a release fee to get their own player to play for them. They sent him a season long loan & didn't include a recall clause, so they are now having to pay £700k to release him where he is needed to cover for injuries. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2020, 20:57:17 »

Sounds a bit like Brighton & Hove FC who today have been negotiating a release fee to get their own player to play for them. They sent him a season long loan & didn't include a recall clause, so they are now having to pay £700k to release him where he is needed to cover for injuries. ;D ;D ;D
That should come out of the club solicitors account.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2020, 20:12:40 »

I did my Self assessment in May.
My lodger did his on Wednesday.
Hasn't got the money to pay the whole lot.  I suggested he could change the amount of payment on account to zero.
I've looked at his accounts and have offered advice about how he might pay more tax in future years. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.