Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Any views on the Honda Accord estate?  (Read 7327 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Any views on the Honda Accord estate?
« Reply #45 on: 24 February 2020, 18:52:12 »

I thought I'd try using two feet when I went out this aft, it felt really uncomfortable and just wrong. When I used my left foot for the clutch, it was always on the left hand side of the footwell. But with the brake pedal being more towards the middle, I felt the need to turn towards the drivers side window.  ;D

Ride a British motorbike after you've mostly ridden a Japanese bike .... that's fun as the gear lever & brake pedal are on opposite sides & the gears are arse about face from each other. But you soon learn the difference.  ;) ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 February 2020, 18:52:30 »

Why make something so easy as driving an automatic vehicle so  complicated ? Words fail me ..
« Last Edit: 24 February 2020, 18:54:22 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 February 2020, 18:55:24 »

Why make something so easy as driving an automatic vehicle so  complicated ? Words fail me ..

don't speak then .....  ::) ::) ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 February 2020, 18:56:58 »

^^^ This... ^^^  ::)                                                         :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 February 2020, 18:59:24 »

I have never read so much nonsense on this site before , about such a simple  operation .😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 February 2020, 19:01:45 »

I have never read so much nonsense on this site before , about such a simple  operation .😀

So you agree with Stemo & everyone should drive as you do!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 February 2020, 19:44:12 »

Obviously shows that we are all different
well , 2 ways of driving an automatic anyway  ;D
I guess whatever you're comfortable with is the correct way (for you)  :)

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 24 February 2020, 19:50:38 »

I know you're a bit of a newbie compared to some of us, so let me explain the ways of OOF. If a disagreement starts on a thread, all parties dig their heels in and refuse to budge, not even the tiniest, weeniest bit. The internet is searched rabidly to find any small snippet of information to back up your theory. If that doesn't work, you make stuff up, and look back at previous posts to see if there's anything you can use to ridicule your adversaries.
If you manage to win the argument, great, but it's better if you can humiliate them too.
If no resolution is found at the end, then grudges are held and you jump down each others throat at every opportunity.
Got it?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24 February 2020, 19:58:47 »

I know you're a bit of a newbie compared to some of us, so let me explain the ways of OOF. If a disagreement starts on a thread, all parties dig their heels in and refuse to budge, not even the tiniest, weeniest bit. The internet is searched rabidly to find any small snippet of information to back up your theory. If that doesn't work, you make stuff up, and look back at previous posts to see if there's anything you can use to ridicule your adversaries.
If you manage to win the argument, great, but it's better if you can humiliate them too.
If no resolution is found at the end, then grudges are held and you jump down each others throat at every opportunity.
Got it?

And never ever let the other person have the last word!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 24 February 2020, 20:01:37 »

Got it?

And never ever let the other person have the last word!  ::)  ;D

+ There's no point in continuing when you know you're right ..
😀😀😀😀

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24 February 2020, 20:19:35 »

Got it?

;D :D spilt my coffee  ;D
OK,
mo ones even mentioned using your left foot for STOP and GO   :-X

STEMO

« Reply #56 on: 24 February 2020, 20:21:16 »

Got it?

OK,
Could be an option if you only had one leg, I suppose.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24 February 2020, 20:23:07 »

Got it?

OK,
or really need the loo  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24 February 2020, 20:30:10 »

Got it?

OK,
or really need the loo  ;)

I actually have a mate who had his right leg amputated after treading on a landmine drives an automatic Jaguar with the pedals swapped over ! I have driven it & got used to it in a very short space of time just using my left foot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24 February 2020, 20:35:41 »

I have a disabled friend with push pull steering wheel controls (no legs or feet)
i tried using those controls  :-[
fortunately the car still has stop go pedals as well   ;D

no doubt you would get used to it if you had no choice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.