Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157187 times)

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #390 on: 23 May 2012, 12:15:48 »

At the risk of upsetting people, and I don't want to do that.....but as a few have mentioned, retaining interest in 26 pages on a thread is flippin' hard.

Lets face it...this thread has gone off on a few tangents.....and I have to be really honest, I do get raggy when a topic is posted and after a couple of replies, its up and away with the fairies ;)

You wanted opinions...you got one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

you are so right!
the big bug bear for me is when a thread is hijacked and goes off course

mikesomega

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 23 May 2012, 13:00:46 »

Not sure if I'm allowed to speak, please delete if I'm not :(

I joined earlier in year, having used the guides, and mostly liking the nature of it.

It IS daunting for new members, not sure if we can join in. Seems everyone already knows everyone.

I got a bit sick of the arguments, even moderators arguing with each other. It doesn't make it very encouraging to be a part of omegaowners.com

Only logged on as I need instructions again, so I am a bad user really.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 23 May 2012, 13:11:36 »

I joined earlier in year, having used the guides, and mostly liking the nature of it.

It IS daunting for new members, not sure if we can join in. Seems everyone already knows everyone.
I got a bit sick of the arguments, even moderators arguing with each other. It doesn't make it very encouraging to be a part of omegaowners.com

Of course new members can and should join in, that's one of the ways of getting to know people on here. :y As said previously, some of us have been on here a few years and got to know each other at various meets and become very good friends, but we all had to start off as newbies. All said and done, the forum has had a few ups and downs but is still by far one of the best going. Sometimes you just have to ignore some of the shinannigans! ;)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 23 May 2012, 13:13:16 »

Thought it might be something like that. Not a bad idea, but of course somebody with 10K posts might have spent all their time in GenDis and know nowt about cars. Titles don't bother me personally, just didn't see the benefit.

Aah yes, being a habitué of this board I don't see that as being a problem - especially given the high standard of moderation on this Forum and the dedication of the long-standing technical contributors to it - furthermore, I don't think there is an historical precedent to give credence to such concerns. :-* :y

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 23 May 2012, 13:14:26 »

My dear chap....you are not a 'bad user'.....Real World Time must always come first, no rule I am aware of says how much time you devote here....and yes, you are allowed to speak :y.......the original poster wants all comments :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 23 May 2012, 13:37:41 »

I wonder if TheBoy's inbox has melted yet  ;D ;D ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 23 May 2012, 14:01:53 »

he's gone quiet. Clearly hasn't run out of insects to fry yet. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 23 May 2012, 16:04:36 »

he's gone quiet. Clearly hasn't run out of insects to fry yet. ;)

Probably trying to catch up on said inbox :D ;D ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 23 May 2012, 17:58:41 »

i have to say hats off to the admins who give up their own time to police you lot(im an angel) and specially to mr magic tree who has all the gear in his bedroom and such,surely there is a solution to to the running of the site that can release some of the pressure off said tree shaped air freshener lover and let him get to the bottom of that pesky dishwasher problem and get his bike out for a run.i understand political correctness and racism,sexism,swearing is words available to be filtered but meanings are still there and there is ways round the filter but there must be some way to allow the site to run more freely cos it must be a burden that sometimes hed like to shake off.

i still think more effort should be put into meets so peeps can meet face to face

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 23 May 2012, 19:39:17 »

i still think more effort should be put into meets so peeps can meet face to face

As regards the present meets, there are quite a few going on over the year.
I have seen some people flog their meets to death, but only get a few turn up. I am lucky at Wycombe, being in a position to be able to offer excellent facilities, and situated south central, but we only had a total of 21 attend.....17 migs (and 4 other vehicles....but at least they were members who turned up, and offered help with repairs).
Those who have been to us rate us....and those 'newer' members have got to meet people like TB, Kevin, Chrisgixer, and see they don't bite, and are more than willing to help anyone. A fair bit of repair work goes on.
I really don't know what more I/we can do to attract members to attend meets. !!!! ;) Its been mentioned about Cambelt meets...if that is something that can be done on car ramps/jacks in our carpark, then that is something I could look into for the summer, subject to weather forecasts. :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 23 May 2012, 20:13:12 »

bugger for me is when i can attend theyre miles away and the main events like newent and the lakes are the times when i have to do things with all my family although i am gonna look into trying to tag them into a holiday next year so i can attend one(if there is one)i dont mind travelling darn sarf cos i can do that and then booger off and do the family thing for the rest of the week  :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 23 May 2012, 22:01:45 »

So what have we come up with then?
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 23 May 2012, 22:06:13 »

well to generalise your rather ugly but pretty good with a spanner some vasciline and a lettuce :o :o

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 23 May 2012, 22:08:10 »

well to generalise your rather ugly but pretty good with a spanner some vasciline and a lettuce :o :o

I don't like Lettuce ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

feeutfo

« Reply #404 on: 23 May 2012, 22:11:46 »

Lettuce? Wtf...? ;D
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.