Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buying tires and wheels..  (Read 968 times)

cem_devecioglu

buying tires and wheels..
« on: 10 June 2009, 09:38:45 »

last week my miggy had vibration from rears which was not there when they fit.. :(

I thought that this was caused by the extra soap they used on the tires when they fit them (which also happened with other new tires before)

The owner of the shop where I buy the tires is a close friend, but place was far ..so I decided to check the balance in another tireshop( which sells mostly Michelins)

When they start, they had problem with one of the rears .. Although they turned the tire around the wheel 3 times still too much weight was necessary.. They said the tire have problem ..   :'( :'( (time was late and they were nearly closing the shop so they were in hurry and I couldnt insist for more work)

So I paid the money and decided to go back to the place where I buy as still the tires are in guarantee..

After a long journey I reach there (nearly 20:00) , wait some time and then they started..

When they checked the tire, they also see the balance needs too much weight..They turned it, nope.. :(

Then they told me that to change the tire from guarantee they need to be sure before sending to the distributor so decided to make a last trial on another new wheel.. First tested the wheel naked which have 0-0 grams balance (perfect)..

Then with the potenza fitted.. result exactly 0-0 grams..  :)

And checked my wheel alone after which showed 0-10 gr..but when the tire is on it needs 15-30 grs.. :-?

After some hard work to correct the wheel, problem finally finished with 5-10 gr..

at the same time they balanced all four on the car by spinning the wheels..(which they are lazy to do most of the time)

so, lesson is : always check your new wheels and tires balance (and also date) before paying..

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
Re: buying tires and wheels..
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2009, 09:54:25 »

Thanks for the heads up! My Omega needs 3 new tyres now :(

PS: Just noticed your back cem! Good Choice!  :y  :) (haven't been on OOF for a few weeks myself, so ignore my ignorance if I've missed the 'Welcome back' thread etc!!  ;D)
« Last Edit: 10 June 2009, 09:54:58 by Ian_D »
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

cem_devecioglu

Re: buying tires and wheels..
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2009, 12:17:21 »

Thanks for the heads up! My Omega needs 3 new tyres now :(

PS: Just noticed your back cem! Good Choice!  :y  :) (haven't been on OOF for a few weeks myself, so ignore my ignorance if I've missed the 'Welcome back' thread etc!!  ;D)

:) :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.