Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega prices on the up ?  (Read 4016 times)

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • 99 2.5 V6, 03 2.2 CD FL
    • View Profile
Re: Omega prices on the up ?
« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2012, 00:00:57 »

The point I was making is that the right buyer will pay it if that's what he/she wants ;)

I didn't look to see if it had a CID but if it did that reduces the number to chose from even more :o It took me 2.5 years to get a 3.2 Elite Estate with CID, dark exterior and light leather, and low miles... I was always willing to pay top money for it :y

That's fair enough so i just think 4.5k bit high that's all  :y my opinion sorry :y 8)

I agree... I wouldn't pay that much for it because it's not the colour combo I wanted. I would have done if it ticked all the boxes for me though ;)

Shall we agree to dissagree and go play nicley again  :y :D
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elm327 code reader And OP COM available Locally PM Me

feeutfo

« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2012, 00:37:25 »

The point I was making is that the right buyer will pay it if that's what he/she wants ;)

I didn't look to see if it had a CID but if it did that reduces the number to chose from even more :o It took me 2.5 years to get a 3.2 Elite Estate with CID, dark exterior and light leather, and low miles... I was always willing to pay top money for it :y

That's fair enough so i just think 4.5k bit high that's all  :y my opinion sorry :y 8)

I agree... I wouldn't pay that much for it because it's not the colour combo I wanted. I would have done if it ticked all the boxes for me though ;)

Shall we agree to dissagree and go play nicley again  :y :D
disagree if you like of course, but having searched and searched for the desired car to come up, quite possibly for years, then what ya gonna do...? If the money is there, and it's the only car wanted by the buyer, it will sell.

It ain't cheap, and it's not the car I want, so I won't buy it. If it was the car for me, I'd go have a look and go from there. Fairly simple process it seems to me. :)

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2012, 00:40:35 »

In fact IMO, these cars are rediculously cheap for what they are.

Appart from the drinks cabinet, and gun locker for the green welly brigade, a £45k Bently has a very similar spec to top end omegas of comparable age.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2012, 02:13:19 »

Low miles Etate, good nic.

Might achieve that price, with the right buyer. :-\

??? Do you mean dim whitted buyer maybe 2k but 4.5k  :D :D :D ;D
Factory 03 Elite estates are rare... About 50 IIRC :o It took me 2 years to find what I wanted and paid strong money (although not that much), then spent another £1.5-2k to get it to the standard I wanted. Now looking to spend a further grand or 2 to finish getting it how I want ;)

Agreed but you cannot take into account ALWAYS that you can add the money you spent on your car to the selling price so IF you decide to sell it you may only sellit for the same amount maybe less than you  brought it for I payer £1500 for mine 2.5v6 elite spent near on 6-700£ on repairs getting it the way I want it but in not going to get 2200 for it if I sell it now maybe £1000 if in lucky not having in a pop just my view  ;D :y

If you paid that and spent that on a 1999 car then that is expensive imo, I recently paid almost £2k for an 03 2.6 CDX, Top Money but seems to be pretty much a Top car, so happy with the price paid, and that is all that counts really... :y :y
k
£4.5k for a top car? I would pay that if it was right for me, any car is worth what someone is happy to pay, I could go out tomorrow and pay less than £1k if I wanted, but that would not be the car i want, if I could sell the Jeep tomorrow I would be talking to a couple of members on here who have a car that i would be happy with, including the price..... :y :y

Dr_X

« Reply #19 on: 09 April 2012, 03:41:11 »

I've been driving Omega's for 12 years now, gone are the days of buying one and just driving it.....I think any omega you buy today you can add X amount too to get it to a reliable standard for day too day use. (unless you buy one off an oof member).
I've just bought a 02 estate that is in really good condition, low milage, no rust at all, super clean underneath and under the bonnet, looks like it's spent it's whole life in a garage but I still have had to spend out on it....cam covers, timing belt etc etc.

my 03 3.2 has just had a load spent on it, oil cooler timing belt etc and it's only done 47K. They are at that age where you need to maintain them or lose them imo.

PAULCDX

« Reply #20 on: 09 April 2012, 09:42:52 »

I bought recently a 52 CD v6 with leather and with only 75k for £650, at the time I felt I had a real bargain due to the long MOT and tax, but since having it inspected its no wonder I had it so cheap.......

Work needed / being done : New cambelt kit, Aux belt worn, water pump, full service, oil changes ( oil is thick black ), thermostat was faulty, cam gaskets leaking badly, wheel alignment out badly, brake discs worn, new booltlid and rear bumper due to peeling and cracked paint all over.  :'(

So it would seem I need to spend more to put these things right then what I actually paid for the car.  >:(

Oh well, still love car and will always love Miggy's  ;D  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2012, 09:45:19 »

Pretty much every omega now will need cam cover seals if still original, expect water leaks, bushes front and rear and hence set up as well, the odd sensor, and some niggly electric issues with sun roofs and central locking.

Have to say I find the cam cover oil leaks a particularly disapointing design fault from GM. Other Marques have similar issues though.

feeutfo

« Reply #22 on: 09 April 2012, 09:48:27 »

Although on the other hand, most cars wouldn't do the miles the omega does. 200k isn't unusual at all, so more stuff will wear out in that time, where as lesser cars would be scrapped long before.

Dr_X

« Reply #23 on: 09 April 2012, 09:56:34 »

Although on the other hand, most cars wouldn't do the miles the omega does. 200k isn't unusual at all, so more stuff will wear out in that time, where as lesser cars would be scrapped long before.

Agreed.......when you buy one you just need to add say 500-1000 to sort it out..in 12 years I've only had 2 occasions when they wouldn't start both times crank sensors.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 April 2012, 10:24:57 »

Factory 03 Elite estates are rare... About 50 IIRC :o It took me 2 years to find what I wanted and paid strong money (although not that much), then spent another £1.5-2k to get it to the standard I wanted. Now looking to spend a further grand or 2 to finish getting it how I want ;)

Paul, do you known how many factory 3.2 elite estates were registered on a 53 plate?  Just curious really as mine is the only one I ever remember seeing.  :-\
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

omega3000

« Reply #25 on: 09 April 2012, 10:46:13 »

I bought mine cheap but was expecting to do a few jobs , looking at the service history i thought most things had been kept up to date , theres no way it would have passed its MOT without the help from oofer's and a bit of DIY from myself :y ....i think in its last couple of years of its previous ownership its been neglected especially on the steering side of things . But although sometimes a pain to replace parts ive found its really only wear and tare items that have had to be replaced  8) Ive gone past the point of selling now unless someone offer's me silly money because ive put too much time and money in it myself to get it to this point ...loving the end result though  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 April 2012, 10:55:38 »

Hmmm, TBE is lower mileage - but its a saloon, so nobody will want it ;D

People will pay that sort of money if it's the car they want, esp those who have been wanting a specific spec/model for a while.

And, even at £4.5k, its not a lot of money for a 9yr old, top of the range exec estate. If it had any other badge.... ;)
Grumpy old man

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 April 2012, 13:02:49 »

Agreed but you cannot take into account ALWAYS that you can add the money you spent on your car to the selling price so IF you decide to sell it you may only sellit for the same amount maybe less than you  brought it for I payer £1500 for mine 2.5v6 elite spent near on 6-700£ on repairs getting it the way I want it but in not going to get 2200 for it if I sell it now maybe £1000 if in lucky not having in a pop just my view  ;D :y

If you paid that and spent that on a 1999 car then that is expensive imo
, I recently paid almost £2k for an 03 2.6 CDX, Top Money but seems to be pretty much a Top car, so happy with the price paid, and that is all that counts really... :y :y
k
£4.5k for a top car? I would pay that if it was right for me, any car is worth what someone is happy to pay, I could go out tomorrow and pay less than £1k if I wanted, but that would not be the car i want, if I could sell the Jeep tomorrow I would be talking to a couple of members on here who have a car that i would be happy with, including the price..... :y :y

That was in 2008 so about 4 years ago iv seen em drop since then i would expect it for any more than 800£ now
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 April 2012, 15:55:56 »

If you paid that and spent that on a 1999 car then that is expensive imo
, I recently paid almost £2k for an 03 2.6 CDX, Top Money but seems to be pretty much a Top car, so happy with the price paid, and that is all that counts really... :y :y
k

That was in 2008 so about 4 years ago iv seen em drop since then i would expect it for any more than 800£ now

I would not expect more than 800£
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 April 2012, 16:33:50 »

Paul, do you known how many factory 3.2 elite estates were registered on a 53 plate?  Just curious really as mine is the only one I ever remember seeing.  :-\

Yours is the only one I've seen ;)

Although it will be a 2003 model that may just have been registered a fraction later after sitting in Dealer/Group stock somewhere... It's probably similar in age (from build) to mine ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.