Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 156916 times)

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #150 on: 19 May 2012, 18:06:31 »

:y :y :y hey this topic has woke a lot of people up hasent it  great discusion though
great read keep it up  :y :y :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

cleggy

« Reply #151 on: 19 May 2012, 18:29:50 »

:y :y :y hey this topic has woke a lot of people up hasent it  great discusion though
great read keep it up  :y :y :y

Just TB's master plan ;D ;D :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 19 May 2012, 18:33:59 »

What I find strange in this thread is the reference to Omega's being 'old and not worth spending money on'. :(
Why bother to own one if that is the attitude.....

Indeed. Sell it and buy a FWD eurobox.

Nothing newer is drivable, IMHO, so mine will continue to have whatever it needs spent on it. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 19 May 2012, 18:38:38 »

What I find strange in this thread is the reference to Omega's being 'old and not worth spending money on'. :(

Nothing newer is drivable, IMHO, so mine will continue to have whatever it needs spent on it. :y

As I've mentioned before, you see all these new car "deals" only £299 a month.

300 quid is an expensive month in Omega ownership, £180 was expensive today because of rear shocks, but thats should see it good for another 100k easy.

martin42

« Reply #154 on: 19 May 2012, 18:46:40 »

I've been on here for under a year,its a great forum,loads of great  advice,guides and from what I've seen a few members go out of there way to help others,just as a forum like this to be,yes there is going to be heated debates ,cam gaskets for 1 lol ,but so long as every1 helps and advises this amazing forum should keep going for a long time yet,admin staff do a great job keeping it going,and I look forward to being a member on here for a few more years yet!

feeutfo

« Reply #155 on: 19 May 2012, 18:52:16 »

Always. We hear it so many times on here, the car isn't worth that much, or the repair is more than the car is worth... Ok, so that's true. But what else to do? Buy a more expensive car? A newer car? A more "economical" car. Replace newer like for like, rwd, big, comfy, toys, your looking at a whole bunch more cash. Go smaller your looking at crap performance, crap comfort fwd shite AND  a whole bunch more cash. Cars cost money, end of.

Omegas cost very little money, for what they are. Yes there are repairs to be done. But you'll keep a very good car for not much cash at all. Used cars are massively cheap in the uk don't forget. That does not mean they are worth little.

And good man Martin.  :y

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 19 May 2012, 19:15:40 »

I've been on here for under a year,its a great forum,loads of great  advice,guides and from what I've seen a few members go out of there way to help others,just as a forum like this to be,yes there is going to be heated debates ,cam gaskets for 1 lol ,but so long as every1 helps and advises this amazing forum should keep going for a long time yet,admin staff do a great job keeping it going,and I look forward to being a member on here for a few more years yet!
:y :y hear! hear!! well said :y :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 19 May 2012, 19:39:17 »

300 quid is an expensive month in Omega ownership, £180 was expensive today because of rear shocks, but thats should see it good for another 100k easy.

Agreed - mine is costing me this month for the tax, £30 for a starter a fortnight back (plus £20 in the swear tin!) - but it's no more than other cars I've owned. Fuel consumption aside.

I've been here for nearly five years (apart from a brief hiatus where I had neither a Mig nor the money to have one, but would have been tempted) - I love the spirit, that there's always someone you can ask for advice - or for those members less experienced with the spanners, there's always someone willing to do the job at mates rates.

The maintenance guides have saved me hundreds over the years, which reminds me, I must write up my latest one.

As for the community side of it, sadly my working 13 out of 14 means I can't get to many meetups - and up here there's only a handful of nearby members, but the random chewing of the fat on the social forums is much more accessible than most forums. And there's no bloody text speak...

>starts writing up guide before the Bombardier takes effect<
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 19 May 2012, 20:01:10 »

Always. We hear it so many times on here, the car isn't worth that much, or the repair is more than the car is worth...

Indeed.. Anything that's going to get you to work in the mornings with a reasonable success rate will need money spending on it. Value of the car is irrelevant. It's just that you'd be a mug to pay extra in lease fees, loan interest or depreciation to drive an inferior but newer car, IMHO.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 19 May 2012, 21:49:49 »

quite right ozzycat this is the most i have said on here for months :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 19 May 2012, 21:58:54 »

and that is the essence, I think, of TB's question ....  please don't take the next few comments the wrong way .... but IMHO this is possibly the heart of the matter

WHY are you (and others like you) not posting anymore?? .. you obviously visit/read the forum or you would not have seen this thread.

The vociferous minority/regulars .... me included .. keep on banging out the same claptrap, but WHAT has stopped folks like you, Daz, etc etc etc from posting as much as you used to.

There has to be a reason , it may NOT be fixable, but then again it might be. If you just got bored .. why ?? if something upset you .. why ??

Unless these matters are aired, and discussed, all the "it ain't broke don't fix it" comments mean zilch .. given how many folks HAVE stopped posting .. there must be something going wrong ....  ??

Now I may be way off the mark, but I feel that what TB was after is answers to those questions, if I am wrong .. so be it .. won't be the first time or the last .. :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 19 May 2012, 22:19:40 »

and that is the essence, I think, of TB's question ....  please don't take the next few comments the wrong way .... but IMHO this is possibly the heart of the matter

WHY are you (and others like you) not posting anymore?? .. you obviously visit/read the forum or you would not have seen this thread.

The vociferous minority/regulars .... me included .. keep on banging out the same claptrap, but WHAT has stopped folks like you, Daz, etc etc etc from posting as much as you used to.

There has to be a reason , it may NOT be fixable, but then again it might be. If you just got bored .. why ?? if something upset you .. why ??

Unless these matters are aired, and discussed, all the "it ain't broke don't fix it" comments mean zilch .. given how many folks HAVE stopped posting .. there must be something going wrong ....  ??

Now I may be way off the mark, but I feel that what TB was after is answers to those questions, if I am wrong .. so be it .. won't be the first time or the last .. :)

No you aren't wrong Nige, its exactly why he started this thread :y
Whatever the reasons maybe this was the thread to air them. No deleting of posts or banning someone for saying " the wrong thing" as long as no racist blah blah comments else they will be removed.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2012, 22:22:45 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 19 May 2012, 22:20:28 »

have put some answers in previous posts on this subject but the main reason for me is the banter bit like someone said it was like being in the pub with your mates alot of the time now to me it seems quite serious and people are not reacting the same plus the millwalls guffers daz etc arnt on as much love them or some hate them they get the discussions going even stmo when hes on a roll it can be a bit over the top but he gets the banter going even i have been guilty of over reacting to something that before i would have laughed off

maybe its time of year the financial situation I certainley dont think the forum is broken or boring it does what it says on the tin...i could always find a post that would have tears rolling down may face laughing out loud before.

Now they are few and far between

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 19 May 2012, 22:23:38 »

STMO is my hero, I wish there were more on here who understood his sense of humour  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 19 May 2012, 22:30:06 »

hes grown on me jonny ;D ;D and agree with what you say :y

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.