Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: x20xev limited revs after engine swap  (Read 3205 times)

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • OpelOmega B 2.5 v6 Estate
    • View Profile
x20xev limited revs after engine swap
« on: 21 August 2012, 21:18:27 »

Hi guys.
Due to whether here ( way too hot to work outside during daytime) i have just finished swapping engine on my car.

engine works very good on tickover and up to 2000 rpm, then cuts out and restarts when revs are down to 1200 ish. I was using all my old sensors ( at least major ones).

Here is an unknown factor: I bought this car with knackered engine, so I have never heard it running before.
Additional factor: its converted to LPG sequential injection which was supposed to work, but doesn't even light up.
And last bit of info: Engine came from Astra and not omega and I believe its a few years newer. Besides bare block and head everything was from my car.

Any ideas

Edit: car was made in 1998.

cem_devecioglu

Re: x20xev limited revs after engine swap
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2012, 21:27:25 »

as I understand LPG not currently installed or active ? assuming its not messing the system , an inital estimate is sensor incompatibility :-\

any eml light or codes stored in ECU ?

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2012, 22:34:03 »

It was too late today to do a paperclip test, but all seems to be fine on the dashboard. Mind you I had quite a few omegas down the line and none had electrical problems. There is one possibility - there is a light "check" on the board computer display. This omega is CD variant.

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2012, 07:45:35 »

Update: its running up to 4000 rpm now. I haven't done anything. It works like that as of this morning . Will do a paperclip test in a bit.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2012, 08:43:31 »

seems like cam sensor.. not sure

timing must also be checked imo.. :-\

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2012, 11:07:02 »

Timing is spot on. I did the timing belt while changing the engine.

Update 2: Did the paperclip test - one big nothing. Thing is If I remember correctly when only on ignition ( not related to the paperclip test) engine management light should be on. Well I haven't seen it light up yet. Maybe light bulb in the dash is faulty???  That is why no error codes or any light whatsoever??? On that note - is ECU giving earth or positive signal to MIL? ECU is easily accessible  so i could just use a bodge-up mil next to it? A mate of mine has Autodata where he works - will find MIL pin of the ECU in no time.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2012, 11:10:45 »

Timing is spot on. I did the timing belt while changing the engine.

Update 2: Did the paperclip test - one big nothing. Thing is If I remember correctly when only on ignition ( not related to the paperclip test) engine management light should be on. Well I haven't seen it light up yet. Maybe light bulb in the dash is faulty???  That is why no error codes or any light whatsoever??? On that note - is ECU giving earth or positive signal to MIL? ECU is easily accessible  so i could just use a bodge-up mil next to it? A mate of mine has Autodata where he works - will find MIL pin of the ECU in no time.

dont know, just guessing.. positive signal.. :-\

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2012, 15:39:14 »

Judging by Autodata its pin 52 of the ECu and its negative signal when MIL is on.
Its too damn hot to try to sort it out. Its 42 outside. Otherwise got A/C regased and my LPG is working as it should - I found the fault - well, it was me. I turned the valve on the tank down to shut off the gas as i had to move evaporator to one side quite a bit. Guess what- I forgot to turn it on again. That is why LPG was not kicking in.

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2012, 17:15:30 »

Update: Had another 2 suggesting camshaft positioning sensor. Bloody GM changed them on Astra so that sensor i have got as spare from new engine ( remember i am using all sensors from my old engine) is no good to me as connector is wrong. This spare sensor has more rounded connector than my current one.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2012, 17:17:33 »

Judging by Autodata its pin 52 of the ECu and its negative signal when MIL is on.
Its too damn hot to try to sort it out. Its 42 outside. Otherwise got A/C regased and my LPG is working as it should - I found the fault - well, it was me. I turned the valve on the tank down to shut off the gas as i had to move evaporator to one side quite a bit. Guess what- I forgot to turn it on again. That is why LPG was not kicking in.

good one Vitaliy.. You solved yourself  ;D :y :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2012, 17:18:16 »

Update: Had another 2 suggesting camshaft positioning sensor. Bloody GM changed them on Astra so that sensor i have got as spare from new engine ( remember i am using all sensors from my old engine) is no good to me as connector is wrong. This spare sensor has more rounded connector than my current one.

yep.. my initial estimation was same.. :)

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2012, 17:40:45 »

........ You solved yourself  ......

Good one  ;D

Talking about camshaft sensor - will this explain a bit of a power loss ( just a feeling). Not sure about that one as I am hesitant to push it so soon as i have no idea for how long this engine was staying in the brakers yard and when was the last time it was running. I live in a very small town so whenever i went by Omega today does not cover enough mileage to be sure everything is lubricated internally, any rust deposits gone and lifters primed up. its very quiet engine, but still would drive for at least another 20 miles before pushing it.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #12 on: 22 August 2012, 17:46:15 »

........ You solved yourself  ......

Good one  ;D

Talking about camshaft sensor - will this explain a bit of a power loss ( just a feeling). Not sure about that one as I am hesitant to push it so soon as i have no idea for how long this engine was staying in the brakers yard and when was the last time it was running. I live in a very small town so whenever i went by Omega today does not cover enough mileage to be sure everything is lubricated internally, any rust deposits gone and lifters primed up. its very quiet engine, but still would drive for at least another 20 miles before pushing it.

before pushing, change oil and oil filter imo .. I fear some particles effect oil pump.. :-\

Vitaliy

• Knezha, Bulgaria
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2012, 18:10:51 »

It just had new oil and filter. I had to swap sumps ans hole pattern was different in astra sump.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2012, 18:11:58 »

It just had new oil and filter. I had to swap sumps ans hole pattern was different in astra sump.

ok then :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.