Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega written off  (Read 4957 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Omega written off
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2013, 10:21:08 »

If you are not chasing other legal fees - hire cars, personal injury (unlikely I imagine, given the impact)/medication, loss of earnings etc etc - your FC insurance should do the legwork for you.

If you are chasing fees, then the excess will be in the hands of your chosen solicitor. The insurance companies try to push you down this line anyway, as they get a considerable sum (circa £1k - £1.5k) for "referring" you.

I'm still waiting for my excess from the accident I had in Feb 2012.
Grumpy old man

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2013, 10:41:17 »

If you are not chasing other legal fees - hire cars, personal injury (unlikely I imagine, given the impact)/medication, loss of earnings etc etc - your FC insurance should do the legwork for you.

If you are chasing fees, then the excess will be in the hands of your chosen solicitor. The insurance companies try to push you down this line anyway, as they get a considerable sum (circa £1k - £1.5k) for "referring" you.

whose this guy, is he a newbie not seen him on for a while :) :) :) or is it just we are all behaving ourselves at the moment :o :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2013, 10:53:42 »

whose this guy, is he a newbie not seen him on for a while :) :) :)
Been busy. Very busy. My client's desire to piss tunnie off, has limited my spare time :(

or is it just we are all behaving ourselves at the moment :o :o
No idea, as for technical reasons, I cannot receive the notifications when people hit the grass button. Though it appears from my PM box that a few members are intolerant of intolerant people  >:(
Grumpy old man

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2013, 11:31:36 »

What a sickener! Driving along minding your own business one minute, the next you have £80 in your bank and no car!! >:(
Feel for you mate.

omega3000

« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2013, 12:33:06 »

Never lost out on any write off with other party to blame , claim on their insurance and keep the car to do as you wish  :)

Reality

• Chatham, Kent
    • 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2013, 15:00:26 »

with a bit of tlc looks like it could be straightened, never the same to drive again as it isnt the same car but always a option

You're right, if it was only panel damage I would consider keeping it. Bought it from a friend 2 years ago and it has served me well ( my 2nd Omega). I loved the tints and the way it drove. 4 new tyres in Nov last year.
Swift***** gave me a Peugeot 107 but after a week I rang RAC Legal and they gave me an Insignia which is more me.

Reality

• Chatham, Kent
    • 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2013, 15:03:59 »

Never lost out on any write off with other party to blame , claim on their insurance and keep the car to do as you wish  :)

I've already signed it over to them. Maybe if Nick W had picked it up the OOF could have used some parts from it.

Reality

• Chatham, Kent
    • 2.2 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2013, 15:24:16 »

It's a shame it takes so long to sort out. I could have done without all this aggro.
Some of you may know this; in Jan my wife donated a kidney to me. The operation was a success. We are on the mend.
 On the day of the accident I was on my way back from London after meeting my manager to discuss my Return to Work. That went well.
 So after a year off from work I didn't need this extra stress.
Bigyin54, I'm fully comp but it makes no difference.
My insurance Swift***** sayEuro lucky 2s that I should claim my losses from 3rd party.
I'm using the RAC's legal dept.

I really feel for you :( :(

However, yes you claim your excess and any costs from the other parties insurance using legal services.  Overall you should never lose out. :y :y

Thanks for advice  :)

Been looking forward to meeting at the Kent Meets  :)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2013, 15:35:05 »

Been busy. Very busy. My client's desire to piss tunnie off, has limited my spare time :(

or is it just we are all behaving ourselves at the moment :o :o
No idea, as for technical reasons, I cannot receive the notifications when people hit the grass button. Though it appears from my PM box that a few members are intolerant of intolerant people  >:(

havent you ever got any good news victor, wheres the old TB the happy ::)and gay one :-*

mind you would not want to swap in boxes with you :( :(

It all keeps you looking young though TB ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2013, 15:45:27 by paul.lovejoy »

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 May 2013, 15:50:31 »

It's a shame it takes so long to sort out. I could have done without all this aggro.
Some of you may know this; in Jan my wife donated a kidney to me. The operation was a success. We are on the mend.
 On the day of the accident I was on my way back from London after meeting my manager to discuss my Return to Work. That went well.
 So after a year off from work I didn't need this extra stress.
Bigyin54, I'm fully comp but it makes no difference.
My insurance Swift***** sayEuro lucky 2s that I should claim my losses from 3rd party.
I'm using the RAC's legal dept.

I really feel for you :( :(

However, yes you claim your excess and any costs from the other parties insurance using legal services.  Overall you should never lose out. :y :y

Thanks for advice  :)

Been looking forward to meeting at the Kent Meets  :)

I dont always get to them all becuase Millwall always picks on me, hes such a brutt, I think hes Gay really and supports Arsnal not Millwall and not sure about Mark he was flashing his titties at the last meet, sure Mill wall had a semi :y :y

martynbrowne

• West Norfolk
    • Omega 2.5 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2013, 17:08:00 »

As I reversed into a drive on a country road with no traffic in sight, same d***head came round corner 200 yards behind me, after I started reversing into driveway on my left, and managed not to see 16 feet of omega estate in bright sunlight  hitting me at 40mph in b pillar. Car is now two feet narrower having been pushed into telegraph pole. 2 1/2 hours later I am cut out and taken to A&E for four hour wait. I am still in pain 3 weeks later. Driver of other car (Golf) walked away but now claims whiplash, airbag burns etc.. My insurance company has accepted liability, probably because cheapest option £200 golf and £700 omega and no legal fees, and will pay out to half-wit. I will lose £500 excess plus ncd etc. I suspect he has shyster lawyer. Any ideas? Apparently shooting the bastard is not allowed.

Kammy

• South Yorkshire
    • '99 2.5 TD Ellite Manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2013, 21:37:59 »

All insurance companies will try as much as possible to pay as little as possible. Even more so when you have to claim from your own policy. If you have a third party fault then it is slightly different as they have to put you back in the position had you not had the accident and/or cover all your other losses/expenses and inconveniances. Your own policy is not likely to do such.

I've had several non fault accidents and have never claimed thru my on fully comp policy for several cars. My thoughts are that simple, as it's not my fault, I should not have to pay XS or have any of the headache claiming such back. I have always pursued directly through/from the third party insurer and ended up receiving 100% of car value etc and no XS to pay.

This is exactly the reason why I did not claim from my policy when my Omega caught fire earlier this year. I had no body else to blame so couldn't claim from 3rd parties. I decided rather than go through my own insurance and get next to nothing for a 99 S Reg TD Elite with 140k and no history and then have the insurance take their XS too, iti was better to cancel my policy. I got most of my premium back as I was lucky I had only had the policy for about a month and a half. I'v now stripped the car, got out the bits I think I can sell. Had fun taking rest of it apart and then wighed it in.

End result, with the refund and money for weighing in the car, I've at least equalled what I would have been offered by the insurance, not paid any XS and still got parts to sell to make some more money from the car.

I'm only gutted as the car has gone and I wasn't able to keep the engine and gearbox as these were still strong.

Sorry it's a bit late now but just my 10p.

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2013, 21:49:30 »

As I reversed into a drive on a country road with no traffic in sight, same d***head came round corner 200 yards behind me, after I started reversing into driveway on my left, and managed not to see 16 feet of omega estate in bright sunlight  hitting me at 40mph in b pillar. Car is now two feet narrower having been pushed into telegraph pole. 2 1/2 hours later I am cut out and taken to A&E for four hour wait. I am still in pain 3 weeks later. Driver of other car (Golf) walked away but now claims whiplash, airbag burns etc.. My insurance company has accepted liability, probably because cheapest option £200 golf and £700 omega and no legal fees, and will pay out to half-wit. I will lose £500 excess plus ncd etc. I suspect he has shyster lawyer. Any ideas? Apparently shooting the bastard is not allowed.
im baffled how was it decided that it was your fault?

martynbrowne

• West Norfolk
    • Omega 2.5 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2013, 23:49:09 »

Apparently, according to Hastings Direct, as manouvering (where is spellcheck?) vehicle I had a duty to stay out of way of other vehicle. Short of 90 degree turn and accelerating to 45 mph in blink of an eye, I do not know how I could achieve this. Unfortunately off to France at first light so will have to wait till Friday. Feeling hard done by but glad I was in Omega and not wife's 22 year-old Toyota or old Saxo. Also glad hot day so windows down and so not facefull of glass! Next car will be big!
Kammy, are you suggesting I should not deal with Hastings and just put claim in on half-wit's insurance company? Not sure how to do that without my company's involvement. Half-wit not worth pursuing as he has no money.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 May 2013, 00:04:15 »

Apparently, according to Hastings Direct, as manouvering (where is spellcheck?) vehicle I had a duty to stay out of way of other vehicle. Short of 90 degree turn and accelerating to 45 mph in blink of an eye, I do not know how I could achieve this. Unfortunately off to France at first light so will have to wait till Friday. Feeling hard done by but glad I was in Omega and not wife's 22 year-old Toyota or old Saxo. Also glad hot day so windows down and so not facefull of glass! Next car will be big!
Kammy, are you suggesting I should not deal with Hastings and just put claim in on half-wit's insurance company? Not sure how to do that without my company's involvement. Half-wit not worth pursuing as he has no money.

Unless there is more to this story, I'd be going seven ways of insane on MY insurance company for laying down and getting defecated on from a very elevated position by the other ins. company.

Also, Lawyer's do not drive around in a £200 Golf.  :-\
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.