Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Austrailian Road Trains  (Read 1760 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Austrailian Road Trains
« on: 29 June 2014, 12:56:31 »

I have stated before on here how I admire the Outback Truckers of Australia shown in a tv series of the same name on the Quest channel.

The other day I watched an episode, don't know if it was an old repeat, but again I was fascinated by what these guys, and girls, do when travelling across Australia, often through very remote terrain, with their road trains.  They make the USA versions look like child's play! In this episode it showed one trucker who had off loaded his main load coming to the aid of two other road trains. He ended up driving a rig consisting of 4 trailers, two tractor units, with two of the trailers double stacked with trailers, and one with another tractor unit on top.  In all 75 metres of road train!!!

He even overtook a camper van that was holding him up.  Try doing that on a UK road that is non-motorway!!  Only in Australia!! :D :D 8) 8) 8) :y :y :y :y  WOW!! :o :o :o :o :) :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Austrailian Road Trains
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2014, 13:04:45 »

Yes a pretty awesome sight,especially to those of us who think a 40ft artic is big!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2014, 13:09:36 »

Yes a pretty awesome sight,especially to those of us who think a 40ft artic is big!

Indeed!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2014, 14:36:30 »

I have stated before on here how I admire the Outback Truckers of Australia shown in a tv series of the same name on the Quest channel.

The other day I watched an episode, don't know if it was an old repeat, but again I was fascinated by what these guys, and girls, do when travelling across Australia, often through very remote terrain, with their road trains.  They make the USA versions look like child's play! In this episode it showed one trucker who had off loaded his main load coming to the aid of two other road trains. He ended up driving a rig consisting of 4 trailers, two tractor units, with two of the trailers double stacked with trailers, and one with another tractor unit on top.  In all 75 metres of road train!!!

He even overtook a camper van that was holding him up.  Try doing that on a UK road that is non-motorway!!  Only in Australia!! :D :D 8) 8) 8) :y :y :y :y  WOW!! :o :o :o :o :) :)

Good on ya, cobber. :y :-* :-* :-*

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2014, 15:47:18 »

I watched some of them episodes. Saw one where a lady(or at least I think she was ;D) reversing a three trailer train and thought wow I couldn't even do that with one trailer let alone 3 :y :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2014, 16:37:44 »

Good on ya, cobber. :y :-* :-* :-*

Yes they have some clever Sheila's in Australia!  Respect to them! :D :D :D :D :y :y

omega3000

« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2014, 16:43:15 »

Female trucker's , they got balls of steel  :y Shall have to see when thats on  ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2014, 17:30:30 »

Female trucker's , they got balls of steel :y Shall have to see when thats on  ;)

You're been mixing with the wrong women, Mr Emd.... ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2014, 20:53:57 »

they just happened to have a long outfit cruising down a road,with a camera crew, now what would make this really good,i know lets overtake the camera crews motorhome, that'll be a cracking bit of tv.

and as for that turbo bloke,makes rick yen and dopey Dixon look like mensa members.
Truck driving is boring, so tv company's have to make it look exciting, with lots of made up situations.
granted a lot of those on outback truckers are genuine, but that overtake, just good tv work.
Hoof'land storeman.

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2014, 20:59:13 »

Female trucker's , they got balls of steel :y Shall have to see when thats on  ;)

maybe he likes ladyboys ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2014, 21:01:32 »

You planning a move to Australia Lizzie oh did you see the one where the guy got his crusher plant stuck in the mud it took him 2 weeks to dig it out

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2014, 21:11:50 »

talk like this will wake mr stemo up, .. :D
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2014, 21:35:13 »

talk like this will wake mr stemo up, .. :D
"Boing" said Zebedee, "Time for bed." ;D

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 June 2014, 07:55:28 »

I worked with a chap who had lived out there since he was 18. When going accross the outback and you saw one coming toward you, you had to flash your lights. If it did not flash back, you pulled off the road or be crushed. It meant the driver had the road train in cruise and was asleep!!!!!
Keith B

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #14 on: 30 June 2014, 10:37:23 »

You planning a move to Australia Lizzie oh did you see the one where the guy got his crusher plant stuck in the mud it took him 2 weeks to dig it out

I hate spiders, especially big ones, so Australia is one of those places I will never go to! ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.